Unplayable from China

Hi,

I live in China, Shanghai and the game is becoming worse and worse. As a foreigner here I will never use the Chinese version of the game for many reasons so I keep using the "real" one, the international version (imo there should only be one anyway) and the game is only playable from 3am to 8am, after that the ping goes crazy 200-1900. Why is that? I play many other games here like CS:GO, Diablo 3, etc. and these games don't have these issues, that's how I know it's not due to my internet connection but PoE itself.

When is GGG gonna do something about it?
Last bumped on Jul 22, 2019, 3:37:36 AM
properly never since they have the chinese realm for people in china.
I took some screenshots of my ping at 10pm today, which is when most people are back from work and have time to play. Yet, it's unplayable.

It doesn't matter that they live all closed up playing their own game in their own community. I don't want that. Diablo 3, Pubg, etc. are the same and yet the international version works well (Pubg is also Tencent owned so that arguement is obsolete). Most Chinese will not use it anyway, it's only for non-Chinese living in China so it doesn't change anything, except making our gaming experience a lot better.
well GL then nut sadly I think you will be waiting a long time for this.
You can hope that the ISP change will help you but that's properly a long shot.
If it keeps being so laggy after I move I'll just stop playing the game. I have no interest for D3 either so I can have my life back, haha.

Thanks GGG.
Tests from my side show high latency and packet loss where NTT peers with CHINANET. Unfortunately this is outside of our control as this peering occurs several peers/providers away from our provider in the chain.
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:
Tests from my side show high latency and packet loss where NTT peers with CHINANET. Unfortunately this is outside of our control as this peering occurs several peers/providers away from our provider in the chain.

Sorry Fitzy but I am pretty sure that @SlimShady63 doesn't care and demands that you fix the problem.....
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

I just don't understand why between 3am to 8am the ping goes from 60 to 200 range, the game is really smooth and never dc, and then, suddenly, around 8am the ping goes crazy and it's unplayable until 3am the next day.

Who turns the switch to say "oh well, let's reduce the bandwith for 19 hours a day"?

I'm sure you could at least try to talk to them, see if they can do something.

I understand we are probably just a few foreigners in China playing PoE so it's not worth it for you to bother, but it'd be nice if you could. I need more tab and some other things to improve my gaming experience but I won't buy it with a game working as badly as PoE now.
If you think about it, technically, all the non-China players are the "foreigners". Since GGG is effectively Chinese-owned now.
"
SlimShady63 wrote:
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

I just don't understand why between 3am to 8am the ping goes from 60 to 200 range, the game is really smooth and never dc, and then, suddenly, around 8am the ping goes crazy and it's unplayable until 3am the next day.

Who turns the switch to say "oh well, let's reduce the bandwith for 19 hours a day"?

I'm sure you could at least try to talk to them, see if they can do something.

I understand we are probably just a few foreigners in China playing PoE so it's not worth it for you to bother, but it'd be nice if you could. I need more tab and some other things to improve my gaming experience but I won't buy it with a game working as badly as PoE now.

Properly the same problem as with German Telekom ISP --> that the router doing the piring can't handle the load in peek hours and that make big spikes in latency and packet loss.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info