Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

Gear updates:
1) Purchased an inexpensive, corrupt 20/20 ED and 5L'd my Cane and Hyrri's with the prophecy, as Darkxell suggested.

2) Set up my flasks a bit better.

3a) Purchased a 6L Cane for 2ex (resold my 5L for 44c)

3b) Purchased The Green Nightmare

Gear in spoiler.
Spoiler

Haven't changed anything else; still collecting Atlas bonus in yellow tiers. I have an ilvl 80 Elder Amber Amulet I'm throwing alts at, as I get them. But I suppose if I'm going to multimod something, I'll get way more out of an ED bow than the neck; might just resell the base if I hit on the right affix.

But yeah, other than the above, I'm still on the same 1-4c rares shown previously. I'll probably invest in slightly better rares before spending multiple ex on any other single piece. There's a lot to be gained if I ditch these that have affixes wasted on accuracy, etc. and get ones with a) more life/res, b) life/res and spell damage, c) life/res and an open suffix for min end charge craft.

My first gear-tracking post is quoted in the following spoiler, for reference.
Spoiler
"
Prolix wrote:
Alright, I spent ~95c getting the starter uniques and rares yesterday. Today I bought a full set of gems with at least some quality, except the Empowers/Enlighten since I have no budget remaining. Going to get started earning currency now while working on atlas completion and levels.

Just thought I'd put my gear here so I can track how it changes over the league. ED is 4L in Cane, and Soulrend 3L in Hyrri's. Had to stop on 5 sockets with them until I get more currency. Gear in the spoiler.

Spoiler

Lethal Pride stats:
Spoiler
+50 strength
4% increased maximum Life
1% of Life Regenerated per second
5% chance to deal Double Damage

"
Darkxellmc wrote:
@rlauren2

Then you claim achieving higher stats with the items I claim to be bad. But you're totally ignoring the fact that you removed the main defensive setup in the build. Imagine taking a full block gladiator build and removing the block, to grab around ~10% more ehp and damage. There's just no point, please stop doing that.

I'm not removing it without compensation. That's why I always talk about total avoidance every time. With the jade flask and passive tree points from not routing to Phase Acro, I can achieve ~75% chance to evade and then a 50% miss from blind for ~87% total avoidance. Even though Vertex and Hyrri have more evasion, without the jade flask you have ~60% chance to evade and 75% dodge for ~89% total avoidance. I'm not just cutting the dodge and claiming it's still equal. Your defense is superior for bossing as it's less flask dependent, indeed. But anything besides late game bosses, it's a tie. Plus I also gain 20% eHP (7.5k up to 9k), so for mapping my build is both more defensive and does more damage.

"
Darkxellmc wrote:

I'm not calling anyone an idiot, come on. I wouldn't be discussing with you if I didn't value your opinions.

That said, considering depth 350 delves a "niche" content is a bit of an overstatement. We're not making a guide for t2 glaciers there, otherwise we wouldn't even be using a bow (zeel's amplifier). It's just a good way to know if the build performs well imo. A "good" build guide should propose a build that's able to do most content in the game. And the truth is, the guides I've seen are suboptimal in that I can clear a bigger portion of the game with this setup (all there's left is emblems and HoGM). That's just my opinion on what a "good" build guide should in essence be, but there's more to it and everyone will have a different idea of it.

Anyways. I hope that answers your post and you understand better the choices I made.
Have fun.

This reply, and your last few to primordialiege, have been very respectful and productive. Your guide and comments on the first few pages were not, and that's why I originally attacked you. Some of your quotes:

- I will link other guides commonly used and explain their flaws later in this thread.
- I see other builds use the perfect form. Don't, it's a huge noob trap. Just take phase accro on the tree and throw perfect form in the dumpster in belongs.
- I wrote this guide because most other guides have poor choices inside
- LL doesn't make sense at all
- Damn, I could go on forever on bad choices other builds make...
- I looked at your profile. You would get absolutely thrashed by the hard auls I've done

Fine, you never use the word "idiot", but can you not see how that would be inferred? You don't call other choices "tradeoffs" that are better for some things, worse for others, you call them "flaws", "bad choices", "noob traps", etc. The implication you give is that your build is the THE ONLY way ED should be played, and doing anything else for any reason is not just different, it's WRONG. That's what triggered me.

Delve 350 is absolutely niche. There are 2065 level 95+ ED Tricksters on poe.ninja right now, and only 272 have reached depth 350. So we're talking about only 13% of the tiny fraction of the most dedicated group of players. I would bet a sizable amount of money that less than 1% of the player base reaches delve 350 in a full league.

Your goal is to create a build that can handle a wider variety of content and push the hardest bosses. That's admirable, and there's a place for it. But while you define "wider variety of content" = "better", that's not the only way to define it, and your build isn't universally better for all content. If you are a player who doesn't spend much time fighting ultra-late-game bosses, there are ways to play ED Trickster that are faster, higher damage, and more defensive than your setup. That doesn't make your choices "bad" or "wrong", but I wish you wouldn't call theirs "bad" or "wrong" either.

I'm sorry that I was deliberately antagonistic in my first replies. I could have made my points more productively. I don't take issue with your game knowledge, experience, or competency, just the way you describe the way others have chosen to play the game. As the author of one of the other ED guides on the forums, I read your guide not as just a different take on the build choices, but a personal insult due to your phrasing.
Last edited by rlauren2 on Jul 11, 2019, 12:26:35 PM
So the base bow which must be cos you dnt explain it onj ur 1st page. I see lots pof ppl using short bow, but i dnt see at market ppl selling it from ilvl 86 for high mods require.
@execreth - @eledhyr - @arthasspaw - @edherisctf - @douchebagontheway_hd

@the_pest - @ioneshotbosses_eightkai
"
Execreth wrote:
So the base bow which must be cos you dnt explain it onj ur 1st page. I see lots pof ppl using short bow, but i dnt see at market ppl selling it from ilvl 86 for high mods require.

People use short bows because they are really easy to acquire from the porcupine divination card. You only need ilvl 50 to roll parangon (+1 to level of socketed gems). Beware tho, that parangon mod is incredibly rare, you'll be alt spamming a while. I'll update the thread fo it, thanks.

I'll also update the guide following the discussions from the last 2 pages, but not today, as I'm really tired.
"
Prolix wrote:
Gear updates:
1) Purchased an inexpensive, corrupt 20/20 ED and 5L'd my Cane and Hyrri's with the prophecy, as Darkxell suggested.

2) Set up my flasks a bit better.

3a) Purchased a 6L Cane for 2ex (resold my 5L for 44c)

3b) Purchased The Green Nightmare

Gear in spoiler.
Spoiler

Haven't changed anything else; still collecting Atlas bonus in yellow tiers. I have an ilvl 80 Elder Amber Amulet I'm throwing alts at, as I get them. But I suppose if I'm going to multimod something, I'll get way more out of an ED bow than the neck; might just resell the base if I hit on the right affix.

But yeah, other than the above, I'm still on the same 1-4c rares shown previously. I'll probably invest in slightly better rares before spending multiple ex on any other single piece. There's a lot to be gained if I ditch these that have affixes wasted on accuracy, etc. and get ones with a) more life/res, b) life/res and spell damage, c) life/res and an open suffix for min end charge craft.

My first gear-tracking post is quoted in the following spoiler, for reference.
Spoiler
"
Prolix wrote:
Alright, I spent ~95c getting the starter uniques and rares yesterday. Today I bought a full set of gems with at least some quality, except the Empowers/Enlighten since I have no budget remaining. Going to get started earning currency now while working on atlas completion and levels.

Just thought I'd put my gear here so I can track how it changes over the league. ED is 4L in Cane, and Soulrend 3L in Hyrri's. Had to stop on 5 sockets with them until I get more currency. Gear in the spoiler.

Spoiler

Lethal Pride stats:
Spoiler
+50 strength
4% increased maximum Life
1% of Life Regenerated per second

Looks pretty damn good! You probably want a levelled empower (corrupted ones are cheap) but for now that's quite nice! You can probably do up to shaper with this! ^^
How are the endurance charges generated?

Edit: Nvm.

"
Darkxellmc wrote:
"
Axohn wrote:
Hello and thx for the build, had fun playing with it so far.
One question though: how do you generate the (permanent) endurance charges ?

With these:
Last edited by Nogenius on Jul 11, 2019, 10:56:05 PM
Ok, I must be stupid. Could someone take a look at my char and tell me why I cant get malevolence + discipline +aspect of spider?
ok, figured it out. had the aspect on my boots, and the had inc duration, which upped the cost of the aspect.
Hey! I really like your Guide.

Currently i'm tuning the last pieces of my gear and had to stop at the crafted items. I really never had crafted that much befor but one has to start sometimes and somewhere.

I've hit the T1 "non-ailment" Mod on iL86 conjurer gloves. Only this mod, nothing else.

As it is a magic item, i can't add multicraft on it. How should i progress? Regal it an then and then hope for a lucky annul? Or do some fancy stuff with beastcrafting? To add: i have got absolutly NO knowledge of anything related to the menangerie. I've skipped that league and pretty much every related content since then :(

Perhaps you can help and/or add a little section to your guide how to craft your gear.
"
BloodyHawl wrote:
Hey! I really like your Guide.

Currently i'm tuning the last pieces of my gear and had to stop at the crafted items. I really never had crafted that much befor but one has to start sometimes and somewhere.

I've hit the T1 "non-ailment" Mod on iL86 conjurer gloves. Only this mod, nothing else.

As it is a magic item, i can't add multicraft on it. How should i progress? Regal it an then and then hope for a lucky annul? Or do some fancy stuff with beastcrafting? To add: i have got absolutly NO knowledge of anything related to the menangerie. I've skipped that league and pretty much every related content since then :(

Perhaps you can help and/or add a little section to your guide how to craft your gear.

There is a beast called "craicic chimeral" that allow you to make an imprint of any magic item.

You can imprint > regal > annul
And pray to get a 1mod rare pair of gloves. If you don't, use the imprint to revet it back to a magic item and repeat. You'll need 2 chimerals on average.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info