[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

Chaoslinging makes levelling a breeze but I'm struggling to find ways to make it work in the end-game content. I wanted to switch to classic EDC but just loved the one-button playstyle too much. If anyone has any ideas on how to make spell slinger work all the way through, it would be great!

Also, can someone clarify if despair on hit rings work with spell slingers which use frenzy + GMP + decay to trigger the ED/C/Soulrend (Does the frenzy hit apply despair?).
Last edited by ExponentMach on Jun 19, 2020, 2:07:18 AM
This is my Chaoslinger leveling plan (modified from sasori1337's), in case anyone finds it useful.

Use the exact same passive plan as the main guide.

Pre-Chaoslinger plan:

Caustic Arrow + Pierce + Mirage Archer
Toxic Rain + Onslaught + Void Manipulation [Note: Use Puncture + Lesser Poison before Merveil]
Flame Dash
Clarity
Summon Skitterbots

The switch to Chaoslinger can be done after killing General Grivicius.
I plan to skip the Siosa's Library quest, postponing the Wither Totem and Shield Charge setup until Act 6 Lilly's quest.

* requires completing Siosa's quest in Library
^ is available after completing Malachai in Act 4

Spellslinger + Essence Drain + Controlled Destruction + Efficacy* > Void Manipulation > Swift Affliction*
Spellslinger + Soulrend + Controlled Destruction + Lesser Multiple Projectiones or Efficacy* / Void Manipulation / Swift Affliction*
Spellslinger + Contagion + Increased Area of Effect^
Frenzy + Faster Attacks + Curse on Hit^ + Despair [Note: Use Bane + Despair until you get Curse on Hit]
Wither + Spell Totem* + Multiple Totem^
Shield Charge* + Fortify* + Faster Attacks
Flame Dash

Hillock
Reward: Blight
Purchase: Caustic Arrow

Mercy Mission
Reward: Pierce
Purchase: Mirage Archer

Breaking Some Eggs
Reward: Contagion
Reward: Frostblink
Purchase: Puncture + Lesser Poison

Caged Brute
Reward: Lesser Multiple Projectiles
Reward: Flame Dash
Purchase: Clarity

Siren's Cadence
Reward: Essence Drain
Purchase: Toxic Rain, Onslaught, Void Manipulation, (Wither)

Intruders in Black
Reward: Summon Skitterbots

Sharp and Cruel
Reward: Faster Attacks
Purchase: Controlled Destruction x2, Frenzy

Lost in Love
Reward: Despair

Sever the Right Hand
Reward: Soulrend
Purchase: Spellslinger x3, Bane

The Eternal Nightmare
Purchase: Curse on Hit, Greater Multiple Projectiles, Multiple Totems, Increased Area of Effect
GGG removes physical damage reduction on Soul of Steel (and also reduces the recipe to clear/gold/gold) so I believe this is not an anointment choice for your build anymore?
Last edited by fangfang830617 on Jun 19, 2020, 2:48:15 AM
played ed on hardcore few leagues ago very funt to play and strong my starter build for harvest thanks for sharing mate!
Hey Darkxellmc, firstly thanks for your guide and I have one last important question which a friend brought up.

I'll just post the screenshot. It's quite long and a bit complicated for me.

https://i.imgur.com/tJ6TsPI.png

TL;DR - Corrupted soul a trap if using EB+MoM? Is Corrupted soul doing what EB+MoM is trying to do but better and for only 1 point + a jewel?
Last edited by InkFathomInfiltrator on Jun 19, 2020, 3:14:29 AM
Anybody got any thoughts on Arcanists Brand? I know it's generally terrible, but hear me out: An AB-Soulrend 6-link could handle single target problems since it gives 100% dot uptime with only some duration (which will help brand duration) and cast speed which this build already has, and then relegate Blight to infusion and stacking Wither. It won't wither nearly as fast as wither totems, but it might make the build more mobile in bossfights and can still stack Wither when standing still is an option.
Synth implicits are tier 4 mods lol, just don't count on it whatsoever
"

1 shot to snake chaos spit? definitely.

Oh yeah, these!
Apparently, there was a bug that made the spit considered spell damage. This means they were dealing double damage to us, since we don't have 75% spell dodge. Also, they made it so that all snakes in a pack don't fire at the same time.
Expect this to be way less deadly for everyone, now.

"
sirfastofelt wrote:
I tried this build in Delirium and I can confirm that it's great so I may try this again in Harvest.

Very fast mapping. Only weakness is slow bossing but that is to be expected.

Just wanted to ask how to deal with the Uber Elder fight though?

The fight was going fine but in the later stages the floor gets covered with degen I believe so ES gets immediately depleted due to EB + MOM and I could not use any skills. Should I just unspec MOM for the fight?

Thanks for sharing this great build guide :)

You need to kill the squids as they spawn. If you leave one alive for 15 seconds, he places a ground degen. One spawns every 20 seconds, and after the last portal phase, every 10 seconds.
One ED cast is usually enough to kill a squid. If your damage is very low, you might have to place a totem next to it too.

"
GGG removes physical damage reduction on Soul of Steel (and also reduces the recipe to clear/gold/gold) so I believe this is not an anointment choice for your build anymore?

Huh. I did not pay attention to that, oops.
Anoint of choice is corruption anyways, now. I'll remove soul of steel from the guide, the phys reduction is what made it truely great...

"
PhaedrusBE wrote:
Anybody got any thoughts on Arcanists Brand? I know it's generally terrible, but hear me out: An AB-Soulrend 6-link could handle single target problems since it gives 100% dot uptime with only some duration (which will help brand duration) and cast speed which this build already has, and then relegate Blight to infusion and stacking Wither. It won't wither nearly as fast as wither totems, but it might make the build more mobile in bossfights and can still stack Wither when standing still is an option.

if you mean in a weaponswap bow, sure.
I personally consider weaponswap persistence to be a bug, and very clunky to use. but if it works and you like it, go for it!

"
Shuggananas wrote:
Synth implicits are tier 4 mods lol, just don't count on it whatsoever

Yeah, these will most likely be trade "only"... Rip.
But huh, seems like it's possible to get multiple implicits too!
Now I'm curious... XD
spamming these seeds yourself might be profitable too if you have the budget tho.
Last edited by Darkxellmc on Jun 19, 2020, 4:58:05 AM
"
Hey Darkxellmc, firstly thanks for your guide and I have one last important question which a friend brought up.

I'll just post the screenshot. It's quite long and a bit complicated for me.

https://i.imgur.com/tJ6TsPI.png

TL;DR - Corrupted soul a trap if using EB+MoM? Is Corrupted soul doing what EB+MoM is trying to do but better and for only 1 point + a jewel?

Yep, pretty much.
The point of both Corrupted soul and EB+MOM is to split damage between life and es to double recovery. But both together give a damage ratio that is so unbalanced it's kinda unusable.

Numbers wise, corrupted soul is better than going mom hybrid. Especially since it requires way less passive points. I tried to make it work a few days ago in standard, but you pretty much have to use a mana flask.
Mana issues quickly become very difficult to solve, for various reasons. This is why we're sticking to mom+eb instead of corrupted soul.
I'll try playing SSF this league. Never tried it before but EDC should be adequate. I'll be missing empower mostly, unless I get a lucky drop.

edit: no hyrri's ire gonna suck probably too lol
Last edited by Shuggananas on Jun 19, 2020, 5:38:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info