[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

"
kwstas778 wrote:
Solid guide and well done.

I just have 1 issue. Almost everyone seem to forget Kintsugi with ED trickster. I have played it for 2 leagues and tried bow, dual wield, wand / shield, CI, low life and eb + mom. With this build you get hit so rarely that with Kintsugi you get *most of the time* 25% more effective hp.

[... cut for readability]

Your points are completely valid. Could you please link a kintsugi in there so I can add it to the popular alternatives section? I'm at work and can't do it.
We've had a talk 15 pages ago on this already, and I kinda forgot to ad it for some reason ^^'
Just to not write the same thing twice, I'll write here what I'll put in the guide:

"

Kintsugi is a niche but really good body armour.
It has low evasion and no dodge, meaning you might need to find a bit more ES elsewhere to compensate. The loss of 10% dodge means you'll get hit once every 3 hits instead of every 4, but the buff it gives migtht be worth it. For its usually very low price, it is a fully viable alternative to Hyrri's Ire.
The buffs grants 25% more EHP against the first hit, which is up almost all the time due to our high avoidance mechanics. On top of this, not worrying about the first hit means we can count on being hit for our defensive mechanics, which proc steelskin and Lunaris pantheon (5%dodge) much more effectively.

Because of its cheap price, a +1 to socketed gems corruption isn't out of reach, allowing you to drop the bow and socket ED in your chest without loosing too much damage. Doing this allows you to grab a shield to compensate the ES loss and use shield charge and fortify.
The damage drop is quite noticeable uneless you have a +2+1 double corrupt armor, so be very mindful of this, especially with the new high health bosses. You should expect to go back to 1M ED dps, from 1.6M ed + 2.5M blight dps.

Anyways, to address socketing gems in your body armour instead of in a bow:
It's the superior choice in the very endgame. But having easily access to 2M combined dps is imo better than getting a bit stuck at 600k until you can afford corrupted 6links and other crazy items. You can get a wand with despair on hit, chaos multi and +1 all chaos gem by just spamming aberrant fossils, there's potential there too but it's more expensive than simply multimoding a bow.
I'm just trying to keep the build well rounded for all content, your propositions are more fitted for a player wanting only defenses (or having a very high budget). Feel free to keep doing them tho, they are really good changes.

One last thing: Kintsugi is imo a bit redundant with wind dancer. Having both means you'll have 55% more ehp instead of 25% more with just one of the two. It's good on paper, but we don't really want to get thrashed by non first hits in comparison to first hits either. This is why I'm recommending Hyrri's Ire and Wind dancer in the endgame setup, to get the best of both worlds.
With wind dancer (that also buffs evasion by 20%, applying to the first ghost shroud too), I don't really see the point to stack kintsugi on top of it as well.

Hope that explains the choices in the guide, despite your propositions making a lot of sense.
Gl hf! ^^
Unfortunately, even at the end of a league, Hyyri's Ire is 8-10ex on xbox. That isn't even a 6S/L one either. Would you recommend the previous man's approach/idea of using Kintsugi instead? As I suspect that's usually much cheaper.
"
DookyPoohole wrote:
Unfortunately, even at the end of a league, Hyyri's Ire is 8-10ex on xbox. That isn't even a 6S/L one either. Would you recommend the previous man's approach/idea of using Kintsugi instead? As I suspect that's usually much cheaper.

Next league litertally starts in 10 hours. My recommendation would be to just not bother ^^'
Otherwise yeah, 10ex is not worth it for hyrri's. Kintsugi is an alright alternative just as is. If you can get a 2500+eva rare that's really good as well, especially if you manage to have dodge on it as well.

If you're planning on playing metamorph tho... nothing matters anymore anyways.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=20&v=X7tN1THVp_E
hehe, thanks iron <3

Edit: Can anyone post the following things here please?
- Kinsugi, Despair gem, Bane gem, Brutal restraint of deshret
Just so I can update the thread, I'm at work ^^'
Last edited by Darkxellmc on Dec 13, 2019, 8:46:07 AM

Here are the Gems
Last edited by Lysln on Dec 13, 2019, 8:55:43 AM
In your opinion what is the best order for the ascendency choices. Ty so much for this build.
"
In your opinion what is the best order for the ascendency choices. Ty so much for this build.

Ghost dance - Escape artist - Patient reaper - Prolonged pain

"
Lysln wrote:

Here are the Gems

ty!
"
Darkxellmc wrote:

[... cut for readability]

Your points are completely valid. Could you please link a kintsugi in there so I can add it to the popular alternatives section? I'm at work and can't do it.
We've had a talk 15 pages ago on this already, and I kinda forgot to ad it for some reason ^^'
Just to not write the same thing twice, I'll write here what I'll put in the guide:

Gl hf! ^^

Sure here you go

For the rest of your points i agree as well. Bow is the highest damage but high cost as well. I play a little bit different also. I usually stay in tabula until i can afford a 6L armor and i use Hungry Loop / Allelopathy for a 5L / 5.5L blight, so my damage is close to a million from the start except early mapping with shit gear.

But yeah, could be preference and also price / availability as well. When Wind Dancer comes into play you are right, Kintsugi starts losing effectiveness. I think the new shield has big potential though as it adds a very important new defensive layer and suits my tankier shield playstyle. I will monitor progress in league and adapt accordingly.

One thing my strat lacks, is that when i actually get hit, for some seconds i have less avoidance and effective hp than your approach and if i get hit again with a strong attack / spell it will be rip
I'm planning on going for the CwDT setup in the spare 4-6L the chest provides (at least until I push end-game league bossing when I may need the extra DPS of a 6L Blight). How well do you think Cold Snap would work in a CwDT setup as the method of proccing chill (over the aquamarine flask, running a Basalt in its place) while dodge chance is still well below cap early-league and generating frenzy charges semi-reliably in place of Green Nightmare (one of these won't be on the market till a good 3-4 weeks into league on xbox). I dislike dying but am fairly trash at the game so I'm trying to go as defensive as I can. Would something like a Bane - Enhance - Temp Chains - Enfeeble be better than a CwDT setup?
Thanks [:
"
DookyPoohole wrote:
I'm planning on going for the CwDT setup in the spare 4-6L the chest provides (at least until I push end-game league bossing when I may need the extra DPS of a 6L Blight). How well do you think Cold Snap would work in a CwDT setup as the method of proccing chill (over the aquamarine flask, running a Basalt in its place) while dodge chance is still well below cap early-league and generating frenzy charges semi-reliably in place of Green Nightmare (one of these won't be on the market till a good 3-4 weeks into league on xbox). I dislike dying but am fairly trash at the game so I'm trying to go as defensive as I can. Would something like a Bane - Enhance - Temp Chains - Enfeeble be better than a CwDT setup?
Thanks

Edit: looks like the mobile site cuts quoted messages? weird, sorry. Here was my answer:
Edit 2: please stop using that smiley face it prevents people from quoting you XD

Cold snap is a good choice. Our chill mostly comes from the "of spite" glove enchant which is quite broken for a glove enchant imo. Replacing aquamarine by basalt is also a good choice, but you will go from a 4 uses flask to a 2 uses flask, be mindful of that.

Just in case: we only have one maxcurse, so don't link bane to two curses. ENfeeble in my CwdT only applies if my witchfire brew is down. This is pretty much only useful on deep auls for me.

Other than that, just go for whatever you want in your chest slot, there's no bad choce really ^^'
Last edited by Darkxellmc on Dec 14, 2019, 5:34:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info