3.7 - Empty's Dual Wield Cospri's - All Content / All Map Mods (5M+ DPS)

Greetings and salutations exiles!

I've been having a lot of fun this league with one of my favorite uniques, Cospri's Malice, and wanted to share the build, for those who might be interested.

@LostArts - Thank you for the awesome unique(s)
@CheeQu - Thank you for the great build which this was based on

Goal:
Create a fun and scalable build that is flexible, strong, and has a suitable amount of screen spam flashiness.
Mission accomplished.

Path of Building
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/mkbKW07v
Note - Mind over matter is taken with Militant Faith as Inner Conviction

Pros and Cons:
Pros
- Solid clear speed and single target DPS
- High effective health and layered defenses
- Lots of pleasing shattering sounds
- Can run ALL map mods once fully geared (including Reflect, No Leech, No Regen)
- No gem swaps needed
- Build is functional on a range of budgets
- No cooldown recovery speed needed

Cons
- Not as fast as a zoom zoom Tornado Shot character
- Won't scale as much with Headhunter / Inspired Learning
- Cannot facetank Shaper beams or Elder Slams
- Certain high-end items are pretty expensive

Videos:
Spoiler
4 Emblems - https://youtu.be/_ba4eCT9C9Y
Uber Elder - https://youtu.be/NGwWTCDGk3I
Let me know if you have requests for other content

Gear and Uniques
Spoiler

Spoiler

Notes on Gear
- Make sure your Frostbolt Cospri's is in the left slot so it will trigger first
- Shock on Focus is a great DPS boost, and 4 seconds is plenty to phase most bosses
- -# Mana Cost will allow you to run no regen maps (Note, that you will run out of mana on Leap Slam, so you will not have Fortify up for these maps)
- Militant Faith should be of Dominus (if you use it). Getting All Elemental Resistances per 10 Devotion will make it easier to gear elsewhere
- Gloves have many different useful crafts/options. Increased damage against Chilled Enemies is probably more damage than my Crit/Ele Damage craft; but much harder to isolate with a high life roll
- Tempered Mind needs to go above Witch start
- Might of the Meeks and Unnatural Instinct go around Scion start

Priorities on Upgrades
- Build will be functional on a 5 link into red maps. You can use a Tabula / other 6 link chest piece if you prefer, Carcass Jack / Shaper Chest / Elder Chest / Eternity Shroud - and others are all effective
- Pandemonius is a very nice DEFENSIVE upgrade. There are higher DPS options, but chill and blind are HUGE for us
- ES on Hit Watcher's Eye is the next biggest defensive upgrade available. You will feel far tankier once you have one.
- Cospri's Malice, go directly for the fastest highest Cold Damage to Spells one you can find
- Boots - More movement speed = more clear speed

DPS still not feeling amazing?
- Are all of your gems at least 21/20?
- Do you have quality on your flasks?
- Do you have Life + Crit Multi or Attack Speed on your jewels?
- Can you afford a Watcher's Eye with ES on Hit AND a Precision or Hatred mod? Precision has Attack Speed and Crit Multi, Hatred has Crit Chance, Cold Damage, Cold Pen, Flat Damage
- Are you pacing your flask charges for bosses?
- Are you using Shock on Focus when you start attacking the boss?

Feeling Squishy?
- Make sure you are keeping up Fortify
- Don't forget Pantheon exists - use it

Gems and Links

Spoiler
Body Armour - Cyclone - Cast on Critical Strike - Increased Critical Strikes - Ice Nova - Arc
Note - Arc is GREAT with Legion mobs and pack clear, if you take it out for Ele Focus or Conc Effect you will lose procs on Ice Nova due to lack of Cooldown Recovery Speed - just leave it in

Left Cospri's Malice - Frostbolt - Hypothermia - Life Leech

Right Cospri's Malice - Ice Nova - Hypothermia - Life Leech

4 Link - Leap Slam - Faster Attacks - Fortify - Precision (Lvl 1)

4 Link - Discipline - Herald of Ice - Hatred - Enlighten OR Blasphemy/Enfeeble

4 Link - Cast When Damage Taken - Immortal Call - Frost Bomb (Lvl 10) - Enfeeble (Lvl 5)

Choices available:
- If you use a Poacher's Mark/Assassin's Mark/Warlord's Mark ring make sure you aren't also using a Blasphemy or Cwdt Curse
- Hatred versus Blasphemy Enfeeble is damage versus tankiness. If you choose Hatred, please note that you will need Enlighten and a helm enchant for mana
- Frost bomb can be swapped for Wave of Conviction for a similar effect
- Vaal Righteous Fire may be inserted for more DPS
- Vortex - Bonechill - Arcane Surge can replace CWDT setup if you prefer

Calculating Damage
Spoiler
This build has a number of sources which can make it tricky to actually add up how much damage you are doing.

To calculate DPS:
- Take Cyclone's Attacks Per Second, Multiply by Crit Rate and Hit Rate, to get Crits per second
- Cospri's Frost Orb Average Damage * Crits per second / 2 (spells)
- Cospri's Ice Nova Average Damage * Crits per second * 2 (triggers) / 2 (spells)
- CoC's Ice Nova Average Damage * Crits per second * 2 (triggers) / 2 (spells)
- CoC's Arc Average Damage * Crits per second / 2 (spells)

Google Drive Spreadsheet:
Spoiler
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NvTzFmWJdS4xzQZziSoUM3apsfwBKCi_ONIL2k0s-M4/edit?usp=sharing

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Leveling -
Spoiler
- Can be leveled with limited leveling uniques using Storm Brand and a minor respec
- Can be easily leveled using Poet's Pens with spells of your choice until you can equip Cospri's Malice

Last edited by Rjr3412 on Jul 10, 2019, 5:33:57 PM
Last bumped on Aug 20, 2019, 10:50:11 AM
Been getting a lot of help from Empty on this build! Great guide and it is really fun!

Glad he finially made one from all the help he posted on another post!
Added additional video content
for watchers eye mod is it better to go for crit multi W Precision or the crit chance w Hatred?
"
Roaringv2 wrote:
for watchers eye mod is it better to go for crit multi W Precision or the crit chance w Hatred?

Preferably both ... but that would be rather pricey.

With my setup, seen in the PoB, I lose about 240k DPS by swapping our the Hatred Crit / Precision Attack Speed Watcher's Eye for a Watcher's Eye with just Precision / Crit Multi, even at 50%.

This might vary based on the rest of your gear, but losing crits per second can have a pretty big effect on our overall DPS.

That being said, it is still better than nothing, and is a solid upgrade, assuming it is also with ES on Hit with Discipline. That is a very important aspect of our defense.
Why are you not using 14% increased cool down recovery to proc Cospris more?
"
XeoTech wrote:

The base cooldown for both Cospri's Malice and Cast on Critical Strike is .15 seconds. This means that each spell socketed in a Cospri's Malice or CoC setup can proc up to 6.66 times per second, before you add cooldown recovery speed which can increase the proc frequency. (This number is effectively reduced due to server lag)

We get around this by using two spells in each setup.
- Frostbolt and Ice Nova in Cospri's Malice(s)
- Ice Nova and Arc in Cast on Critical Strike

So we go from being able to max at 6.66 procs per second to 13.33 procs per second, and alternating what spell is procced.

Important Note - Ice Nova hits MUCH harder than Arc, and you CAN increase your single target DPS by going the traditional cooldown recovery speed route.

However, we still have plenty of single target DPS for all content short of 5-way emblem fights, and gain massive improvements to pack clear with the inclusion of Arc.

There is an added benefit of no longer needing Cooldown Recovery speed which makes gearing options easier.
"
Rjr3412 wrote:
"
XeoTech wrote:

The base cooldown for both Cospri's Malice and Cast on Critical Strike is .15 seconds. This means that each spell socketed in a Cospri's Malice or CoC setup can proc up to 6.66 times per second, before you add cooldown recovery speed which can increase the proc frequency. (This number is effectively reduced due to server lag)

We get around this by using two spells in each setup.
- Frostbolt and Ice Nova in Cospri's Malice(s)
- Ice Nova and Arc in Cast on Critical Strike

So we go from being able to max at 6.66 procs per second to 13.33 procs per second, and alternating what spell is procced.

Important Note - Ice Nova hits MUCH harder than Arc, and you CAN increase your single target DPS by going the traditional cooldown recovery speed route.

However, we still have plenty of single target DPS for all content short of 5-way emblem fights, and gain massive improvements to pack clear with the inclusion of Arc.

There is an added benefit of no longer needing Cooldown Recovery speed which makes gearing options easier.

Interesting. I've been playing COC assassin with Cospri for a while now and never thought to include Arc in the 6 link chest... it makes clearing so easy and fun to watch the chains go off. Your build was super similar to mine going into the scion tree. Having 14% CDR was annoying, I'm probably going to test out the Soul Tether belt because i'm using Doryani's GLorious Vanity timeless jewel for more eHP.
"
XeoTech wrote:
Interesting. I've been playing COC assassin with Cospri for a while now and never thought to include Arc in the 6 link chest... it makes clearing so easy and fun to watch the chains go off. Your build was super similar to mine going into the scion tree. Having 14% CDR was annoying, I'm probably going to test out the Soul Tether belt because i'm using Doryani's GLorious Vanity timeless jewel for more eHP.

That configuration did look cool and interesting, but I figure if I already have Uber Elder on farm ... might as well leave it as is.
Spoiler

Any tips on upgrades? I also have all the recommanded gem including Hatred/Discipline watcher

I imagine replacing my elder ring with a shock on focus ring would boost the single by a lot

Other than that higher level gems I guess?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info