[3.8]CodRayZeal's Iron Commander Hierophant (10 Siege Ballistas @ 300k dps)

Hey, thx for the guide !

Have ou read the balance manifesto ? Two lines are pretty bad for the build, what do you think ?

"
The Minion and Totem Elemental Resistance Support has been changed to Elemental Army Support. It no longer applies to Totems, but lets supported minions apply a -10% Exposure based on their highest elemental damage dealt, and grants them More Elemental Damage. At higher levels it also grants more maximum elemental resistances.

Less resistances for the ballista :(

"
Clusters introduced in 3.7.0 that gave increased attributes have been moved so they are no longer in radius of any jewel sockets, as these clusters skewed the power level of certain unique jewels too heavily. As a result, Tempered Flesh and Transcendent Flesh now have 7% Critical Strike Multiplier per unallocated Strength in radius, up from 5%. Tempered Mind and Transcendent Mind now have 125 Accuracy Rating per unallocated Intelligence in radius, up from 100. This should make them a tempting choice in more locations on the tree.

This should affect Careful Planning and Fluid Motion for the +8% Int and Str... This hurts pretty bad no ?
"
maximewoody wrote:
Hey, thx for the guide !

Have ou read the balance manifesto ? Two lines are pretty bad for the build, what do you think ?

"
The Minion and Totem Elemental Resistance Support has been changed to Elemental Army Support. It no longer applies to Totems, but lets supported minions apply a -10% Exposure based on their highest elemental damage dealt, and grants them More Elemental Damage. At higher levels it also grants more maximum elemental resistances.

Less resistances for the ballista :(

"
Clusters introduced in 3.7.0 that gave increased attributes have been moved so they are no longer in radius of any jewel sockets, as these clusters skewed the power level of certain unique jewels too heavily. As a result, Tempered Flesh and Transcendent Flesh now have 7% Critical Strike Multiplier per unallocated Strength in radius, up from 5%. Tempered Mind and Transcendent Mind now have 125 Accuracy Rating per unallocated Intelligence in radius, up from 100. This should make them a tempting choice in more locations on the tree.

This should affect Careful Planning and Fluid Motion for the +8% Int and Str... This hurts pretty bad no ?

The ballista resistance thing may be an issue but it wouldn't be that hard to fix since their base resists are already pretty high,

as for the conversion jewels issue... yea the budget version and the easiest starter are heavily affected by this, but on the other hand we do have access to the 8% dex passive as an amulet anointment which should help compensate for this.

All of these factors coupled with the likely increased rarity of both Fractal Thoughts and Brutal Restraint I fully suspect that the budget for all versions of this build as they exist now will go up, however I do believe that there is potential for a different budget version to be created and I may even be starting Blight with some form of siege ballista if I can theorycraft something nice.
Thanks for you thoughts

I'll start Blight with a Siege Ballista build. I wanted to do it for a long time and it matches the theme of the league :)

We'll have the full patch note and the tree soon, i'll also check what can be done.

GL & HF all
Last edited by maximewoody on Sep 3, 2019, 12:10:15 PM
im currently playing this build in blight league.
very good damage output. i think when i get proper rings/gloves with dex i can maybe hit 1200+ dex. currenlty iam at like 1050 dex.

"
asdfgah wrote:
im currently playing this build in blight league.
very good damage output. i think when i get proper rings/gloves with dex i can maybe hit 1200+ dex. currenlty iam at like 1050 dex.

Thats just about what I have minus the Hyrri's Ire, also a bit off from the 1200 dex mark. it works really well for blight though even as-is.

You may want to replace one of your links with the revamped Reduced Mana(Now called Inspiration) I've found it to be a pretty suitable replacement for Minion&Totem elemental resistance
Last edited by codraziel on Oct 3, 2019, 12:09:55 AM
thanks i will try it.

ive used faster attacks before added lightning damage and i didnt know what would be the best replacement gem.
"
asdfgah wrote:
thanks i will try it.

ive used faster attacks before added lightning damage and i didnt know what would be the best replacement gem.

if your attack speed feels too slow maybe replace hypothermia instead, right now I believe my links are Ballista->Added Cold->Cold Pen->Elemental Damage With Attacks->faster Attacks->Inspiration
yes, that helped alot.
guess i should save now for some proper gloves/rings with dex and implicit % increased dexterity.
currently i use those:

not the best ones...
i have another question.
when i socket the transcendend flesh jewel in the specified jewel socket, i loose about 5% DPS according to POB.
Do i miss anything there or does POB dont calculate it right?

heres my pob: https://pastebin.com/S7bkNLgb
"
asdfgah wrote:
i have another question.
when i socket the transcendend flesh jewel in the specified jewel socket, i loose about 5% DPS according to POB.
Do i miss anything there or does POB dont calculate it right?

heres my pob: https://pastebin.com/S7bkNLgb

The Transcendant flesh no longer fits nicely there and I would recommend not using it anymore.

On another note having a look at your passive tree shows me that you get the idea about how not every passive tree will look the same :)
Last edited by codraziel on Oct 6, 2019, 10:49:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info