[3.8] CI Mjolner CoC Ball Lightning Scion - up to 5M Shaper DPS, 10k ES, 5k+ ES recovery/s

Great build. Easily romped shaper earlier today at lvl 79/80.

That said, my ES is pretty low compared to yours (9.4k), OP, and that makes me think uber elder might be a problem. Is that something that will go up with levels, or is my gear just bad?
Last edited by Martingale7 on Jul 14, 2019, 5:32:50 PM
"
Martingale7 wrote:

That said, my ES is pretty low compared to yours (9.4k), OP, and that makes me think uber elder might be a problem. Is that something that will go up with levels, or is my gear just bad?

Your character should be strong enough to kill Uber Elder as long as you know what to do in the fight. If you want more ES, look for a body chest with more than 700 ES and a talisman with a +20% increased maximum ES mod. The latter is hard to find in the market, so you might as well make it yourself. In addition, as you level up your character, you will be able to use 2-3 additional jewels, each of which gives you up to 8% maximum ES.
"
N0esy wrote:
"
Martingale7 wrote:

Your character should be strong enough to kill Uber Elder as long as you know what to do in the fight. If you want more ES, look for a body chest with more than 700 ES and a talisman with a +20% increased maximum ES mod. The latter is hard to find in the market, so you might as well make it yourself. In addition, as you level up your character, you will be able to use 2-3 additional jewels, each of which gives you up to 8% maximum ES.

Thanks again.

How exactly is a talisman made? I know it has something to do with betrayal but I honestly hate that mechanic so much that I just skip or arbitrarily pick one of the two dialogue options and move on.
Want to run this on my standard scion, what needs to be changed since no access to the new legion jewels?
"
Martingale7 wrote:

How exactly is a talisman made? I know it has something to do with betrayal but I honestly hate that mechanic so much that I just skip or arbitrarily pick one of the two dialogue options and move on.

Short answer is the following:
1. Put Jorgin in Research.
2. Increase his rank to 3.
3. Go to Research safehouse.
4. Transform your amulet into a talisman (the talisman is chosen randomly from tier 3 talisman pool).

I will write a more detailed guide on this one tonight. That said, Syndicate is very rewarding, and I'd recommend you think it more seriously... For example, rank 3 It That Fled in research will give you an opportunity to transform Chayula's breachstone (80-90c) to Chayula's pure breachstone (230c), so easy 140c profit.

"
alvincheng wrote:
Want to run this on my standard scion, what needs to be changed since no access to the new legion jewels?

I have two answers for this. First, you can follow this guide except that you don't use Lethal Pride. Lethal Pride gives you roughly 100 strength, so you need roughly 100 more strength from your gear (belt, ring and amulet). Astramentis should be your friend here.

The other answer is that you choose Trickstar instead of Scion. I mean, the point of choosing Scion is to use Lethal Pride + Unnatural Instinct combo. So, if Lethal Pride is unavailable, why would you choose Scion? Of course, you need even more strength from your gear, but my theory crafting in PoB says it is possible to reach 412 strength if you get a good amount of strength from your belt, ring and amulet. I think Trickstar is better both offensively and defensively.

Proposed passive tree (level 93) is the following:
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.7.3/AAAABAYCAQceCSANfA5ID8QRDxFQEZYVUBvIHRQdTyVfJ6kpTyoLKwosvy_aM7A1uTY9Ow07fDwFRnFJT0lRTINMs1AwUw5ca13yX2pgQ2ZUZp5ryG0ZbWxuPXBScNR0gX2wfq9_xoCzgpuDCYRIhXuJ04wLjDaMdo0ZjmSPRo_6kUeTJ5TxlSCVLpctl5WX9Juhnjyf36EvoqOnCKcrrJiu_698tAy0OLb6tzG4yrl8uZO8qr6AvorAZsHzwwnDbcgTytPP3dAf0NDVptdK2V_bXt_z4BLjhOUZ6rrr9ewY7DjssO_r8NXxivId96b3wffX-Jf5pPrS-_U=

note: Use ES/evasion hybrid body armour.

Edit: Added a VERY detailed guide of making talismans.
Last edited by N0esy on Jul 15, 2019, 3:44:47 PM
Hi,

after hopelessly squandering currency on builds I wasn't really content with (got Shaper and Red Elder down with my DW Cyclone Gladiator, though it takes forever), I was looking for a build that could manage (almost) all content.

This seems to be the build for me! Gonna try and scrape some currency/gear together and give this a shot. Will update with progress later on!
nice build! very fun. I creat this beauty
"
This seems to be the build for me! Gonna try and scrape some currency/gear together and give this a shot. Will update with progress later on!

Delivering an update as promised, made some adjustments to the build along the way:

- Leveled to 60 using Ball Lightning with some support gems as suggested by OP.

- Switched to double Mjölner at 60 and redid all my gems. Finished the rest of the story and up to T8 maps. Picked Deadeye/Assassin as ascendencies instead of Assassin/Champion. Leveling overall was a complete breeze.

- Switched offhand to spirit shield at 72 and am comfortably running T11 maps as of now. It still doesn't feel like I'm missing tankiness or aspd, so ditching duelist ascendencies doesn't feel so bad (yet).

TODO:

- Uber Lab for the last ascendancy points

- Switch to CI, still unsure if gear is good enough, will maybe wait for advice, better gear or just reskill and go for it

- Get a Mjölner with Fortify (still short on currency due to getting other items, like Watcher's Eye and Unnatural Instinct)

Here's my current gear:

Spoiler

Thanks for the fun build OP, will try and push further to see what I can achieve - really, really fun so far!
"
Aresius911 wrote:
nice build! very fun. I creat this beauty

Great body armour. 175 ex tho...

"
Baneslayer wrote:

Delivering an update as promised, made some adjustments to the build along the way:

Thank you for sharing your progress. It would be a good idea to get a better body armour before switching to CI. A 6-linked lvl 86 vaal regalia costs only 1ex now, just buy one and craft it with a dense fossil. Dense fossils are very cheap this league, so you should be able to get 700ES body armour easily.
Another suggestion is to buy level 21 ball lightning gems, which cost only 6c. These gems will speed up your leveling.
"
Thank you for sharing your progress. It would be a good idea to get a better body armour before switching to CI. A 6-linked lvl 86 vaal regalia costs only 1ex now, just buy one and craft it with a dense fossil. Dense fossils are very cheap this league, so you should be able to get 700ES body armour easily.
Another suggestion is to buy level 21 ball lightning gems, which cost only 6c. These gems will speed up your leveling.

Thank you for the advice! I bought the level 21 gems and also managed to snag a 6l Vaal Regalia for ~70c albeit at ilvl 83. I don't feel really content with it (bought it as it is) and I will try and use some dense fossils later as you suggested.

Also, I made switch to CI after buying the Vaal Regalia, switch was kinda smooth - I'm content with it so far, did Uber Lab without any greater issues at Lv 78.

New short term goal is to get mark of the shaper and some decent jewelry, replacing my Astramentis and the other ring while staying stat and resistance capped.

Will keep progress updated. Help/Advice and questions are most welcome!

Spoiler

EDIT: 1st try Deathless Shaper! Also comfortably farming T16 Maps now. Gear and screenshot below!

Spoiler

EDIT 2: Uber Elder down! Switched from Assassin to Juggernaut for a little bit more safety, also because I never did UElder before
Spoiler
Last edited by Baneslayer on Jul 21, 2019, 9:11:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info