[3.8 updated] Post-nerfed "Vengeance on Crit" Gladiator. Counter-attacks are still fine. 8m+ dps

Leveled up the build to 84 and spent somewhere between 3 and 4 ex on it, and I have to say it's amzing, both in genereal and compared to the investment. It wrecks guardians, and working on my way to shaper (missing hydra).

What do you think about a Voidforge version? that scales vengeance very well too.
"
Zoda_Jones wrote:

What do you think about a Voidforge version? that scales vengeance very well too.

Not the OP but I took notes from this build to convert my Voidforge cyclone into what you're talking about. It works pretty well. I think the Pillar version is probably better because Impale is so insane but the Shock of Voidforge is good too. You get max shock on everything in the game with the huge Vengeance crits.

You lose block also which is a downside (makes Slayer the better ascendancy as well).

On the plus side for defense your Vengeance will freeze anything in the game that is not immune to freeze.
Last edited by aimlessgun on Jul 12, 2019, 4:04:38 PM
Justed wanted to come on in and mention how amazing and intelligent the build design is on this.

It's serious underplayed how much glancing blows is a serious protector of one-shots during difficult Legion encounters. Between that and "Slayer" type Vaal Pact leech, the build feels a LOT more tanky than it looks on paper.

You've done the damage calculations on the front page, but just a props to the damage actually being representative of what you featured with the items listed. A second mention to drive home that the budget for this build is very low. I hate trying to 6L items, so having a cheap 6L as a base to work with really makes it easy to get going.

Have done all content so far, now @ lvl 92. Nothing was really tough. 1 death to Uber Elder because rural ISP.

Hi, can I get astramentis instead of that unique amulet?
And "Your counterattackers have double damage" and "40% increased damage if You haven't taken any damage" and block from everything, so "COUNTERATTACK" is when mob attack us, if We have block that double damage is useless? if yes, I think gladiator is bad ascendancy.
And "Your counterattackers have double damage" and "40% increased damage if You haven't taken any damage" and block from everything, so "COUNTERATTACK" is when mob attack us, if We have block that double damage is useless? if yes, I think gladiator is bad ascendancy.
"
PolskiSernik wrote:
Hi, can I get astramentis instead of that unique amulet?

no. you should double check the "core ideas TLDR" section and make sure you understand how this build works.

"
PolskiSernik wrote:

that's incorrect. "counter attack" is a category of skills, vengeance is one of them (the other two are riposte and reckoning), so with the gladiator ascendancy, vengeance has 100% chance to deal double damage, which is crucial considering most of the damage of this build are from vengeance.
Last edited by insobyr on Jul 13, 2019, 4:13:42 PM
"
PolskiSernik wrote:

you are absolutely wrong.
for cyclone you are right but about vengeance , gladiator so far best damage output.
even more damage than berserker
Ive recently found your guide and rerolled to this.
Find the idea of vengeance and playstyle very interesting! I need some advice on what to upgrade. I probably havent got optimised gear/jewels at all but feeling really weak atm as if I Missed some key ingredient to the build.
(im quite a new player to poe btw)
Should I be stacking more strength and crit on jewels? Im also using different belt/boots/gloves due to some resist issues. Could these be of such a massive loss towards the capable power of the vengeance? anyways Im open to some critique.

https://pastebin.com/TKQPKC5e

greetings
Last edited by trwestphal on Jul 14, 2019, 12:40:27 PM
Just a quick sample semi budget gear I'm using. spent about 4 ex on it alltogether. Pride watcher's eye would be a nice upgrade, but saving up for a 2 additional impale stack one (although all mods are decent, maybe except for the % phys damage, some stacked strength jewel can give similar dmg bonus).

Also planning to fossil craft my helm a bit more eventually, but got this in 2-3 rolls and decided to roll with it.

The armor would be a more expensive upgrade, but I'm very satisfied with The Iron Fortress so far (2ex for a 6 link is easily bargain too considering how fitting it is for the build, spend a few divines if the roll is too low). I'm planning to self craft an elder astral plate eventually, so I can drop my belt for Soul Thether and use a Doryani timeless jewel. Or maybe just a sick elder/shaper heavy belt...

Lvl 89 and breezed through everything so far, including multiple red elder runs, shaper and guardians.
Last edited by Zoda_Jones on Jul 14, 2019, 2:16:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info