[3.7] Frost Spear CoCospri Assassin (budget version 60c estimated / 4ex for all content)

"
Honebuto wrote:
Hi, thank you for sharing this build. I have a question. this build need a Cospri Sword with 13+ attack speed ? I got cospri but attack speed is 9%.

Glad you liked!

Don't worry too much about the attack speed in the sword. The number you have to focus is 6 attacks per second if you have high enough crit.

The cast on crit jewel and the sword both have an internal cooldown of 150ms, so you can cast the spells 6 times per second. Anything above that will be only cyclone hits, without spells.

Also, if you focus too much on attack speed, you'll have to double check your mana regen to cover for the cyclone, or get other sources like mana on hit on jewels.
"
nBonaldo wrote:

Looks like a strong build, but he is going full offensive. If you use two cospri's malice, just make sure you socket different spells on them, otherwise, they will share the cooldown.

He is using MoM but is reserving all his mana with auras, and even with acrobatics, 4.5k life is not nearly enough to survive on high tier maps. He is using hatred only because of the watcher's eye, so you can drop it for another aura if you don't have the same jewel. Also, if your goal is level 90, it is fine, but anything past that I recommend dropping some dps for defenses, especially more hp.

I feel the heralds are a huge boost for clearing, but not for bossing, because you usually don't benefit from their secondary effects around them.

You can use ice spear instead of arc in my build too, or any other gem with inherent aoe. This way you don't have to invest into aoe nodes, and just focus on dps or defense.

Hope it helps!

Thank you very much, I'm following build of the guy in video (because I love his clear speed very much) and mix some your gem setups for survivability (life leech on Weapon 2).

I really don't know why, but with lvl79 and only 3k6 Life, I have cleared T16 maps including Guardians & Legion generals almost deathless (died twice by the Chimera when he's in smoke). I even feel it's more tanky than my previous pure physical Slayer Cyclone. Seem Pandemonius & acrobatics is a very good defensive combo. But as you said, lack of damage on boss, but my gems are only lvl17-18 now, I think it will be much better if with lvl 20-21, right?

BTW, I have a Timeless Jewel that gives 5% double damage on the +1 Endurance charge node, so I made a gem setup: Leap Slam - Endurance on Stun, but it does not work, seem enemies are not stunned (as they are always stunned and give me Endurance Charge by my 2H Slayer Cyclone), do you know why?
Last edited by nnlinhitec on Jul 1, 2019, 12:18:23 AM
"
nnlinhitec wrote:
"
nBonaldo wrote:

Looks like a strong build, but he is going full offensive. If you use two cospri's malice, just make sure you socket different spells on them, otherwise, they will share the cooldown.

He is using MoM but is reserving all his mana with auras, and even with acrobatics, 4.5k life is not nearly enough to survive on high tier maps. He is using hatred only because of the watcher's eye, so you can drop it for another aura if you don't have the same jewel. Also, if your goal is level 90, it is fine, but anything past that I recommend dropping some dps for defenses, especially more hp.

I feel the heralds are a huge boost for clearing, but not for bossing, because you usually don't benefit from their secondary effects around them.

You can use ice spear instead of arc in my build too, or any other gem with inherent aoe. This way you don't have to invest into aoe nodes, and just focus on dps or defense.

Hope it helps!

Thank you very much, I'm following build of the guy in video (because I love his clear speed very much) and mix some your gem setups for survivability (life leech on Weapon 2).

I really don't know why, but with lvl79 and only 3k6 Life, I have cleared T16 maps including Guardians & Legion generals almost deathless (died twice by the Chimera when he's in smoke). I even feel it's more tanky than my previous pure physical Slayer Cyclone. Seem Pandemonius & acrobatics is a very good defensive combo. But as you said, lack of damage on boss, but my gems are only lvl17-18 now, I think it will be much better if with lvl 20-21, right?

BTW, I have a Timeless Jewel that gives 5% double damage on the +1 Endurance charge node, so I made a gem setup: Leap Slam - Endurance on Stun, but it does not work, seem enemies are not stunned (as they are always stunned and give me Endurance Charge by my 2H Slayer Cyclone), do you know why?


Yeah the gems can make a lot of difference. i suggest looking for 21/23 or 21/20 gems, they are really cheap this league (got a 21/23 vaal ice nova for 55c), and spells benefit a lot from extra levels.

The tankiness is relative to your goals to be honest. If you are fine with level 90-95, 4.5k could be more than enough, and blind+dodge are a strong defensive setup. The problem is if you wanna push past 95 (when xp penalties start to hurt), then every death counts a lot, and even with blind, evasion and dodge, eventually you'll get hit, and when it happens you'll need a bigger hp pool. otherwise you can go full damage and dying once in a while to guardians.

About the stun, i'm not sure, but my guess is some damage from other source is being applied before the leap slam damage, because it only stuns if the enemy is full life. I tried the setup, and I felt that the crits probably trigger the coc spells to hit before the leap slam. The times I didn't crit, it gave me the endurance charges. Try it again and let me know if you see any difference between the hits that crit and those that don't crit.
"
nBonaldo wrote:
"
Honebuto wrote:
Hi, thank you for sharing this build. I have a question. this build need a Cospri Sword with 13+ attack speed ? I got cospri but attack speed is 9%.

Glad you liked!

Don't worry too much about the attack speed in the sword. The number you have to focus is 6 attacks per second if you have high enough crit.

The cast on crit jewel and the sword both have an internal cooldown of 150ms, so you can cast the spells 6 times per second. Anything above that will be only cyclone hits, without spells.

Also, if you focus too much on attack speed, you'll have to double check your mana regen to cover for the cyclone, or get other sources like mana on hit on jewels.

Thank you for your reply. I'm LV87 and using LV19 gems. Is the 21/23 gem required? My goal is Uber Elder. 21/23 Gem price is now 1.5EX. I do not have enough currency. Sorry about my english.
"
Honebuto wrote:
"
nBonaldo wrote:
"
Honebuto wrote:
Hi, thank you for sharing this build. I have a question. this build need a Cospri Sword with 13+ attack speed ? I got cospri but attack speed is 9%.

Glad you liked!

Don't worry too much about the attack speed in the sword. The number you have to focus is 6 attacks per second if you have high enough crit.

The cast on crit jewel and the sword both have an internal cooldown of 150ms, so you can cast the spells 6 times per second. Anything above that will be only cyclone hits, without spells.

Also, if you focus too much on attack speed, you'll have to double check your mana regen to cover for the cyclone, or get other sources like mana on hit on jewels.

Thank you for your reply. I'm LV87 and using LV19 gems. Is the 21/23 gem required? My goal is Uber Elder. 21/23 Gem price is now 1.5EX. I do not have enough currency. Sorry about my english.


Try to get 21/20gems at least for the 3 main spells, the damage difference between a lvl 20 and a 21 is really noticeable.

Don't get intimated by the prices, use the live search and you'll find cheaper options eventually. I don't think I paid more than 1ex for any of my 21/23.
Can i swap mark of the elder to The taming>?
Last edited by killogram54 on Jul 2, 2019, 1:50:17 PM
"
killogram54 wrote:
Can i swap mark of the elder to The taming>?


hell yeah

you lose about 200hp, gain some resists, and the damage is kinda even if I got the configuration on pob correctly. Should be an even trade, and the other ring slot will be open for anything.

You can even try it with yoke of suffering, and get the blind from an abyss jewel if you need more defenses.
Hello,
I'm not really familiar with the game and I was asking myself how do you use the Wise Oak ? since I capped all my resistances to be sure i'll not die like all my characters, I would like to know how do you prepare your resistances to use it ?
Thanks !
Last edited by abigor0208 on Jul 4, 2019, 9:28:34 AM
Do you have any recommendation for helm enchant besides vortex ?
"
abigor0208 wrote:
Hello,
I'm not really familiar with the game and I was asking myself how do you use the Wise Oak ? since I capped all my resistances to be sure i'll not die like all my characters, I would like to know how do you prepare your resistances to use it ?
Thanks !

in your character defence tab, you'll have two number, showing your current resist first, then the (capped resistance%), like this:
fire res 75% (86%)
cold res 75% (90%)
lite res 75% (80%)
the second number is the one used by wise oak, so if you have the same resists as the example, your damage will have cold penetration, and you'll take reduced lightning damage.

The hard part is to make all 3 elemental resistances even, having the same number between parenthesis. This will give you penetration with all elements, and reduced damage from all of them.

For this build, you can get cold resist higher than the others, because most of your damage is cold. Making the resistances even can turn expensive.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info