[3.14] Aspect of Carnage Ground Slam Berserker, Bosser, Fast, League starter

"
Christophe50 wrote:
Hello,

Is it possible to have this build with one handed massues ?

Its definitely possible, and it'll have better stuns, but a little less damage. Here is a tree for it if you want to do it. (with cluster jewels) Obviously dual wield maces.
https://poeplanner.com/ABQAAPUAFCEAAHfkUVBH7w4UIF8_9kiMzz38WGOXeSgqi0-tjc9-dqzqGFHmQT93Uzs7nsWUh9-y-Ovz3Whlu-2RzhRx2XyCB_JBDjw6UryfGJHscYWPgy78SxRNAecb-iXfpBmGYKsu829J1Qm7jJgUBmFS707krWDEGelgkcVTSHjcMgU8NugaVZ-J0Cw7FCPqLbTHGVFjWK-pbnKv-O9GDsAabzt4DbXyNZLYvf4K8kU64f6PTeOmV3fjAdyE2Ud-vTZlTb6nYEFjcF4TQKB67wUtRrfTb3Tt9zJ82cEEeWiS0BLhxtghkOoQ-F9f0Kdt4NgW6SQ3AAAAAAA=

If you dont want to use cluster jewels use this tree instead.
https://poeplanner.com/ABQAAP8AFCEAAHzkUVBH7w4UIF8_9kiMzz38WGOXeSgqi0-tjc9-dqzqGFHmQT93Uzs7nsWUh9-y-Ovz3Whlu-2RzhRx2XyCB_JBDjw6UryfGJHscYWPgy78SxRNAecb-iXfpBmGYKsujJgUBmFS707krWDEGelgkcVTSHjcMgU8NugaVZ-J0Cw7FCPqLbTHGVFjWK-pbnKv-O9GDsAabzt4DbXyNZLYvf4K8kU64f6PTeOmV3fjAdyE2Ud-vTZlTb6nYEFjcF4TQKB67wUtRrfTb3Tt9zJ82cEEeWiS0BLhxtinMLak3paYCnJsbEYyCTGeIZDqEPhfX9CnbeDYFukkNwAAAAAA

EDIT: Here are the possible mods to choose from for relevant large cluster jewel basetypes. Try to get as close to "adds 8 passives" as possible (can be as high as 12) If the description is Bolded then its something I consider to be one of the best choices. Try to get a jewel socket too. If you get fortify on hit with maces you can drop fortify support in the main link for multistrike support.
Spoiler

Last edited by Ekule731 on May 11, 2020, 11:20:41 AM
"
TIZIO123 wrote:
Hi,
Which option is better:
Using a tabularasa or dropping a gem and some dps for a 5 link belly of the beast?

It depends. If you do more damage you can kill things before they can hit you. But if you have a low life total and are prone to getting oneshot the higher life total really helps out. Higher life totals are also exceptionally useful for outrecovering from damage over time since ignites and bleeds and such are based on a fixed amount of damage whereas leech and regen are based on a percentage of you life. Not only will it take more damage for it to kill you but since your leeching more life in a given time period your health will go down slower for that too.

If your getting outright oneshot all the time a belly of the beast will likely be better, and the same for damage over time effects (although most of those can be removed by flasks) But if you're just taking a ton of hits and/or enemies that aren't rare (yellow) or unique (brown) enemies aren't dying within a couple hits then the 6th link will probably serve you better than a 5link belly.

Ultimately just keep in mind that a lvl 20 pulverize support (our least important link) gives a total of 35% more damage (because of the 15% less attack speed)
Hello I'm liking the build but I do not understand how you got so much damage. I have 2 axes with about 360-370 pDPS each and my tooltip says I' at around 98k dps in my hideout and when I'm mapping I'm around 250k-ish tooltip dps with rage, charges and stuff.
You have a picture reaching like 700k tooltip dps and I don't understand how.
I viewed your character on your profile and yes you have more pDps on your axes but they can't add 450k+ more dps just becasue of that.

What do you think about Vaal Pact in this build. It's only 2 passives to get it and it doubles the life-leech.
Last edited by Kiiirby on May 25, 2020, 10:26:19 AM
"
Kiiirby wrote:
Hello I'm liking the build but I do not understand how you got so much damage...
You have a picture reaching like 700k tooltip dps and I don't understand how...

What do you think about Vaal Pact in this build. It's only 2 passives to get it and it doubles the life-leech.

On looking at your gear you do have relitively slower axes, but your right that it wont make your tooltip spike that much. The tooltip in the clipped screenshot is NOT hideout DPS as I stated right above it, that is in the map with everything ramped up. My hideout dps, depending on my budget, is higher, at around 120-180. I see you have most of the stuff necessary for good damage, but you are missing a few relitively important things.
One of your rings and your amulet have no flat physical damage to attacks, and your axes are a slower attacking base than what would be ideal. Having faster axes makes the flat physical damage from other sources more potent, and overall contribute a fair bit to tooltip.
Your gems in your main 6link dont have any quality. The damage increase may seem small but across 5 support gems it actually is a fair bit of damage. I also had a lvl 21 ground slam which while its not as significant for a lvl 21 spell for other builds, with ground slam particularly (and other main skills that have flat damage on the gem) it actually adds a notable amount.
As far as Vaal Pact goes my initial time making this build had it. There is just so much damage over time we take that for bosses with phases I felt I was dying more with it (since it disables regen), although admittedly less for other parts of the game with all that extra leech. I think its just a personal preference thing, and like you said its only 2 points.
I did look at your tree and noticed one unnecessary point in the swift skewering wheel. The single node in the right of that wheel that has only impale chance is unnecessary as we already have 100% impale chance and its not needed for pathing.

Edit: Accidentally said blood rage instead of vaal pact.
Last edited by Ekule731 on May 25, 2020, 10:28:34 PM
"
Ekule731 wrote:
"
Kiiirby wrote:
Hello I'm liking the build but I do not understand how you got so much damage...
You have a picture reaching like 700k tooltip dps and I don't understand how...

On looking at your gear you do have relitively slower axes, but your right that it wont make your tooltip spike that much. The tooltip in the clipped screenshot is NOT hideout DPS as I stated right above it, that is in the map with everything ramped up. My hideout dps, depending on my budget, is higher, at around 120-180. I see you have most of the stuff necessary for good damage, but you are missing a few relitively important things.
One of your rings and your amulet have no flat physical damage to attacks, and your axes are a slower attacking base than what would be ideal. Having faster axes makes the flat physical damage from other sources more potent, and overall contribute a fair bit to tooltip.
Your gems in your main 6link dont have any quality. The damage increase may seem small but across 5 support gems it actually is a fair bit of damage. I also had a lvl 21 ground slam which while its not as significant for a lvl 21 spell for other builds, with ground slam particularly (and other main skills that have flat damage on the gem) it actually adds a notable amount.
As far as Vaal Pact goes my initial time making this build had it. There is just so much damage over time we take that for bosses with phases I felt I was dying more with it (since it disables regen), although admittedly less for other parts of the game with all that extra leech. I think its just a personal preference thing, and like you said its only 2 points.
I did look at your tree and noticed one unnecessary point in the swift skewering wheel. The single node in the right of that wheel that has only impale chance is unnecessary as we already have 100% impale chance and its not needed for pathing.

Edit: Accidentally said blood rage instead of vaal pact.

Thank you for the answer! YEa my axes lies around 370-380 pDps which I want to bump up to 450 each but I can only find axes with around 420dps for 5 ex and I can't afford that.
Yea I will quality up my gems for sure and check on that passive node.
Thanks!

Edit:
I upgraded both axes to 430-440 pdps ones and got a watchers eye. Saw myself reach 360k dps with #3 lvl 12 support gems. Already a lot better with some investment.
Last edited by Kiiirby on May 27, 2020, 3:15:46 PM
Hi!

I did this build back in Metamorph and it was a lot of fun.
And even though I don't plan on starting next league with this build, I may make a character for it.

Do you think the changes on 2H and slam skills might take this build to higher levels ?
If so, I'll follow the update you make on the build :D
As a dragon, you shall be reborn.
"
Shin_RyuuJin wrote:
Hi!

And even though I don't plan on starting next league with this build, I may make a character for it.

Do you think the changes on 2H and slam skills might take this build to higher levels ?

Back in legion league 2 handing in general was 'buffed' and the community in general thought 2 hands would be usable again, just like now. That wasn't quite the case. I'm not going to count on it this league, but its possible. The benefits of 2handing will probably remain as only better stuns and an extra 6link allowing 2 skills or kaom's heart. If I see enough buffs in the patch notes I will likely attempt to update the guide for at least acknowledging 2handing buffs before league hits. As of currently my priority when the patch notes hit is to update the guide as far as making sure I don't have any outdated information before the league starts. The sheer wall of text that my build guide is means that it can take a few hours depending on how many changes affect anything in my build.

They did highly imply that ground slam would be receiving numerical buffs, and confirmed it will now be able to be used while unarmed. If ground slam is now usable with swords as well then I will likely add another crit variant for swords, which may make the build guide change significantly, and the damage go up.

I may also add stuff so other pure physical slams can be substituted in place of ground slam. Although earthquake and sunder already are substitutable with ground slam, with the way I scaled this build they are less damage than ground slam. This may change with the patch.

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the build guide back when you played it.
"
Ekule731 wrote:
"
Shin_RyuuJin wrote:
Hi!

Back in legion league 2 handing in general was 'buffed' and the community in general thought 2 hands would be usable again, just like now. That wasn't quite the case. I'm not going to count on it this league, but its possible. The benefits of 2handing will probably remain as only better stuns and an extra 6link allowing 2 skills or kaom's heart. If I see enough buffs in the patch notes I will likely attempt to update the guide for at least acknowledging 2handing buffs before league hits. As of currently my priority when the patch notes hit is to update the guide as far as making sure I don't have any outdated information before the league starts. The sheer wall of text that my build guide is means that it can take a few hours depending on how many changes affect anything in my build.

They did highly imply that ground slam would be receiving numerical buffs, and confirmed it will now be able to be used while unarmed. If ground slam is now usable with swords as well then I will likely add another crit variant for swords, which may make the build guide change significantly, and the damage go up.

I may also add stuff so other pure physical slams can be substituted in place of ground slam. Although earthquake and sunder already are substitutable with ground slam, with the way I scaled this build they are less damage than ground slam. This may change with the patch.

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the build guide back when you played it.

Yeah I don't expect you to be able to edit everything away directly of course, that's a workload I cannot even imagine with all numerical changes and calculations to do again.
But the build was fun, definitely, and I'll try it again someday :) But not for this league start as they touch melee :)

But continue like this, doing a good job :D
As a dragon, you shall be reborn.
"
Shin_RyuuJin wrote:

Yeah I don't expect you to be able to edit everything away directly of course, that's a workload I cannot even imagine with all numerical changes and calculations to do again.
But the build was fun, definitely, and I'll try it again someday :) But not for this league start as they touch melee :)

But continue like this, doing a good job :D

Confirmed buffs to 2handers that may finally make the difference

EDIT: It seems I will have to add a 2handed variant ahead of the league launch, it'll likely just be in the tree portion, and just include a 2handed tree, what 6link setup, cluster jewel, and suggested weapon(s). I dont see much reason the armour and such will change. Ill probably do the same for dual maces, as one of the cluster jewel notables give fortify on hit which makes dual maces much more enticing.

EDIT 2: Dual wielding has been nerfed. Ill most likely convert the build to 2handed play. I have ALOT of work ahead of me...
Last edited by Ekule731 on Jun 15, 2020, 9:33:27 PM
Hey,ty for the build i'm relly enjoying it.
I think i'll stick to the dual wielding option even after the nerf because i already have 2 400 pdps axes (and like faster mapping)

Last edited by TIZIO123 on Jun 17, 2020, 3:54:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info