[3.14] Aspect of Carnage Ground Slam Berserker, Bosser, Fast, League starter

"
On viewing your profile I only saw a single character, which is a juggernaut ground slam character using a mace and shield. Simply being juggernaut instead of berserker is way less damage for a multitude of reasons. Using a shield means you miss out on dual wielding bonuses (20% more physical attack damage and 20% more attack speed) Using a mace instead of an axe means you miss out on a bit of damage as maces dont have as much damage available in the tree and instead have alot of stun-centric nodes. You also aren't using a lion's roar flask. Also something to note is my 700k tooltip in the screenshot is in map, not hideout, and I said that right next to it, just in case you thought that was my hideout tooltip.

Tkz for fast reply Ekule.
I know that being juggernaut isnt same thing that berseker in the aspect of dps, however my big surprise is that huge diference of my tooltip to yours. But now because you helped me to solve my doubts, now i'm better enlightened
Is that too much asking for your hideout tooltip please
Last edited by zurcan on Apr 11, 2020, 10:00:52 PM
My hideout tooltip depending on how much currency I've put into it is roughly 130-200+k dps. The 40% more damage of berserker, using relitively high pdps axes, and dual wielding all are exceptionally potent for increasing hideout tooltip. Hideout tooltip doesnt tell the whole story as alot of the damage berserker gets is based on having ramped up with rage and charges and having been hit recently.
First of all, thanks for a super fun build. Your build is easily the best written I've come across. Super clear and easy to follow. It's also very comprehensive and explains all the things and reasons for them.

This was my first proper build in the game (I've been playing only since 3.9) and I took it initially to lvl93. Since that I've took three other builds to 94-98 in standard and learned many new things of the game. Recently I gave some attention to this build again and tweaked it further. Invested some exalts to the gear also.

I recently stumbled upon another ground slam berserker build guide on and while it shared majority of things with your build, there were some differences I combined with your build. So these are not my own ideas and I don't intend to take credit on anything but I wanted to share them here.

My biggest problem in the endgame with this build was always survival. I felt like I took insane amounts of damage all the time and I didn't experience this with my other builds. Well it seems that Kaom's Roots are the reason for this with Unwavering Stance. Since you can't evade anything you should be able to facetank everything or jump around like crazy but if you jump around every second you have no time to do proper damage. The armour and life just wasn't up for facetanking, at least on my build.

So I switched to rare armour based boots. Even though I can't get as much life out of regular these, I'm once again able to dodge and evade. With flask mods I can still safely open strongboxes etc. without freezing to death. 2% regen when hit enchant on rare boots takes survival slightly further. I also have curse with Enfeeble on hit on my tombfists which helps a lot, especially after switching to rare boots. I'm at lvl95 now and slightly under 7k life without Kaom's. You mentioned rare boots in your build guide also but I feel like this is at least as viable or even better option than Kaom's roots.

I also switched back to Starkonja's which without Kaom's roots gives great boost to evasion (and found one with 40% increased ground slam damage enchant).

Also with rare boots you have four new sockets. I took leap slam to 4-link and added fortify there which frees one slot on our 6L ground slam. I put multistrike support there. The attack speed is insane now and maps clear in no time. Also switched pulverize to ruthless taking dps even further with some loss of AoE. AoE is still huge though.

Made some changes to passive tree with more endurance charges for survival, here's my PoB at lvl95:

https://pastebin.com/TU49cdfb

Life slightly under 7k and total dps inc. impale ~4,36 million.

Still the most fun build to play. Just leap in and smash everything to death. Probably my fastest build for clearing, even faster or at same speed than deadeye. Could have slightly higher single target dps though. I mean T15-16 map bosses melt quickly even juiced up but guardians, elder etc. take some time and skill.

Watcher's eye with +2 impale would be nice but costs 17 exalts in standard. I've been grinding elder trying to get one but it's not an easy task :)
Last edited by patouskii on Apr 14, 2020, 7:30:00 AM
I've continued to min/max the build. Got better axes with 420-440 pdps and 1,8-1,88 attack speed. Changed my other ring also for more dps and crafted it with damage while leeching. Not sure if it was right move since we aren't always leeching and don't have any item with overleech mod. Anyway the biggest change and massive boost to dps I got by changing vaal haste to berserk. I had ~5,5 million dps with all buffs, totems up, leeching etc. before but switching this one game took it to ~7,4 million. If leeching damage from ring isn't counted it drops to slightly over 7 million. The build is getting seriously strong and bosses start to melt super fast.
Passive Tree Question - The ascendancy circle is blocking the Health/Constitution links. Does this build use the entire Constitution/health circle?

Also, how much life should you have around Lvl 75? I was dying a lot to Kitava.
Not sure which Mana Reservation set up I should be using right now.

Seems best survivability = Herald of Purity, Blood/Sand, Flesh/Stone, Dred banner.

I take a lot of damage using the Pride set up.

P.S Really fun build so far!
"
Passive Tree Question - The ascendancy circle is blocking the Health/Constitution links. Does this build use the entire Constitution/health circle?

Also, how much life should you have around Lvl 75? I was dying a lot to Kitava.
Not sure which Mana Reservation set up I should be using right now.

Seems best survivability = Herald of Purity, Blood/Sand, Flesh/Stone, Dred banner.

I take a lot of damage using the Pride set up.

P.S Really fun build so far!

Directly where the ascendancy circle and class circle connect is a little button you press to hide the ascendancy circle. We do take the entire constitution circle.
If you reserve too much of your mana you could run out before the leech takes effect which means there is a delay between attacks. That may be your issue when you're dying while using pride. Drop herald of purity and either blood and sand or flesh and stone, pride is the strongest reservation we have and should be prioritized.
At level 75 I think im around 5k life if Im using no uniques and have life on most pieces. Taking life nodes first can keep you from dying which will let you level faster and get the damage nodes relatively quickly.
Im new player on Xbox and can only find Belly of Beast with 5 linked sockets. Which support gem would you drop? I don't think I have enough orbs to buy a 6 socket and get 6 links.

Thoughts?
"
Im new player on Xbox and can only find Belly of Beast with 5 linked sockets. Which support gem would you drop? I don't think I have enough orbs to buy a 6 socket and get 6 links.

Thoughts?

Drop Pulverize support, it gives the least damage of any of our links currently.
Hello,

Is it possible to have this build with one handed massues ?
Hi,
Which option is better:
Using a tabularasa or dropping a gem and some dps for a 5 link belly of the beast?

Last edited by TIZIO123 on May 7, 2020, 1:26:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info