[3.7] Assassin COC Ice Nova spam + Bonus Vaal Ice Nova // GREAT for Legion mobs! UPDATED

This will likely be a dumb question, but as I've never bothered much with Vaal skills or weapon swaps, why do you need two VIN gems?

Are you swapping to the staff just during legion encounters and using cospri the rest of the time for cycloning and triggering the other cold skills?

I mean, are you initializing the legion encounter, then swap to staff and pop VIN, the swapping back to cospri for cyclone?

Last edited by Lame Lock on Jul 6, 2019, 7:57:44 PM
Hi
I bought the stuff of your build, but i'm bloked. The Taryn Shiver, nobody sell it on 4 Blue 2 green.

Do you find an other staf since or not? i just bought, i don't have begin yet. So maybe until the level someone will go sell it.

Thank you
What did you do for bandits?
"
Lame Lock wrote:
This will likely be a dumb question, but as I've never bothered much with Vaal skills or weapon swaps, why do you need two VIN gems?

Are you swapping to the staff just during legion encounters and using cospri the rest of the time for cycloning and triggering the other cold skills?

I mean, are you initializing the legion encounter, then swap to staff and pop VIN, the swapping back to cospri for cyclone?


That's exactly what's happening. I only use VIN for legion.

I normally never use weapon swap either. But for legion, VIN is just too good.




"
moltess22 wrote:
Hi
I bought the stuff of your build, but i'm bloked. The Taryn Shiver, nobody sell it on 4 Blue 2 green.

Do you find an other staf since or not? i just bought, i don't have begin yet. So maybe until the level someone will go sell it.

Thank you


You can buy any non-corrupted Taryn's Shiver and make the right colors yourself. Just use normal chromatic orbs.


"
What did you do for bandits?


Killed them all for the extra passives. I've added this to the post.
IGN: SugoiNL
Can you explain why having more than 14% cooldown recovery is bad?

can't i have like, 30% total and so increase my attack speed to get more casts?

also i dont have 100% chance to crit, isnt that relevant while considering the attack speed?
Yes i know but i will wait the level 70.
Because you don't know me, but on loot EXA/doctor, or craft Jeweller/fusing, i don't have RNG.... i'm so bad luck
"
paleguy wrote:
Can you explain why having more than 14% cooldown recovery is bad?

can't i have like, 30% total and so increase my attack speed to get more casts?

also i dont have 100% chance to crit, isnt that relevant while considering the attack speed?


It's not bad to have more % cooldown recovery, but it won't help you get more damage from cast on crit. There are certain cooldown recovery breakpoints that you need to reach before you can increase attack speed.

This post explains the technical side of this; https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/ab2g9n/updated_cyclone_coc_discharge_proc_rate_now_with/

For crit chance; the higher the better ofcourse. But with your diamond flask up, you wil almost always crit. Of course it's better to crit 100%, but that would require much more investment in crit chance, and will cost more passives. It's more efficient to use those passives for other forms of dps, like cold damage and crit multiplier.
IGN: SugoiNL
ok i think i figured it out, so i'm at 8.85 atk speed with 32% cooldown recovery speed totaly (18 belt + 14 boots) which puts the cooldown to 0.11

as far as i understood going over 9.09 atk speed would result in heavy dps loss, while the more i get close to it the better

"
paleguy wrote:
ok i think i figured it out, so i'm at 8.85 atk speed with 32% cooldown recovery speed totaly (18 belt + 14 boots) which puts the cooldown to 0.11

as far as i understood going over 9.09 atk speed would result in heavy dps loss, while the more i get close to it the better


Sorry to say that it doesn't work that way. Because of a technical limitation, with 14% (or higher) CDR, cyclone should be just under 7.5 attacks per second. The reddit posts talks about server ticks, which is why more CDR doesn't help us.
IGN: SugoiNL
"
SugoiNL wrote:
"
paleguy wrote:
ok i think i figured it out, so i'm at 8.85 atk speed with 32% cooldown recovery speed totaly (18 belt + 14 boots) which puts the cooldown to 0.11

as far as i understood going over 9.09 atk speed would result in heavy dps loss, while the more i get close to it the better


Sorry to say that it doesn't work that way. Because of a technical limitation, with 14% (or higher) CDR, cyclone should be just under 7.5 attacks per second. The reddit posts talks about server ticks, which is why more CDR doesn't help us.


That's a lot of faith placed in an old thread by a single guy doing unseen 'testing.' A 33 tickrate makes no sense for a game like this. Without any actual evidence or a confirmation from GG, I'd be wary of such an assertion. Not to mention the fact that the recent change to how attack hitboxes work(they aren't a single instance anymore) throws off most of the attack speed ramifications of it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info