[3.8]Champion Impale TS/Barrage | Leveling guide

"
Hi, I feel like my damage is low, could anyone see my character and tell me what is the problem? Now I know that my jewels are useless trash (for real) but atleast I got lioneye. And I am aware of last lab also helping because of the fortify skills on tree. Just wondering if there's anything else wrong with my char. Currently my goal is getting Rigwalds because I think fork will really help with clearing. If that shouldn't be my next bigger upgrade, let me know what should please.

my pob: https://pastebin.com/8d1tjst4

Dying Sun
no flat phys on jewelry

are the first things I noticed
Did anyone kill Aul with this build?
Hey, is it normal to strugle with clearing the trash mobs? Sometimes it takes me up to 3 hits to clear mobs (4-5 if magic) on not that high tier maps with weak mods.

I dont have the 6l TS tbh, but it feels like the damage isnt there.
Single target is a fiend though.

Thanks
Why is Predictive mode a must when we have fork?
How is this build for farming T14+ blighted maps in HC?

Also how is it vs T14+ map bosses?
"
fabiopa1n wrote:
Hey, is it normal to strugle with clearing the trash mobs? Sometimes it takes me up to 3 hits to clear mobs (4-5 if magic) on not that high tier maps with weak mods.

I dont have the 6l TS tbh, but it feels like the damage isnt there.
Single target is a fiend though.

Thanks

You're missing quite a lot of core damage multipliers. 6 link is a big one obviously but you also don't seem to have any curse (ass mark or vulnerability on hit, optimally both), no intimidate via jewels or tombfist gloves, no rigwalds is a major nerf to clear, no flat phys and crit chance/damage on rings and amulet, your jewels are very bad (you want flat added phys, increased crit multi or crit chance on all of them, in addition to +max life obviously), you don't have the second lioneyes fall nodes in the bottom left, just at a glance.

Also make sure to aim your initial tornado shot behind mobs if they're on the opposite side of the screen, because the piercing initial hit applies all curses while the exploding secondary projectiles benefit from cursed damage.
Last edited by heishe on Sep 25, 2019, 8:48:29 PM
How does this build do in delve. Can it make it to 600+ ?
"
Rossko wrote:
Could you (OP) maybe record some 3.8 videos?

Or someone else?

Some clearspeed (with average good gear /non mirror tier gear) would be great.
I think about switching to this from a wander but I am afraid the TS nerf is too bad for clearing...(I am kinda a speed junky and blight encounter are pretty tanky too.)

Thx in advance

Ps. Some written reviews would be great too but videos would be better ofc.

Not the OP, but I decided to try out this build.

Here's a video of me clearing Vaal Temple and a T16 Synthesis Map/Boss:

https://youtu.be/Jw3sXpcpcAo
https://youtu.be/InpfHLbk2E0

All in all, I am loving this build. The leveling process was smooth and I had made enough currency with my league starter to get everything I needed to make this build as powerful as possible. I still have some room for improvement, and once I hit level 91 or 92, I'm gonna take down the Guardians, Shaper, and Uber Elder.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2919821 - Impale Barrage Champion Build
-----------------------------------------
www.twitch.tv/madebyskinny
www.youtube.com/madebyskinny
Last edited by Hiroyama on Sep 26, 2019, 10:05:18 AM
"
jackietran24 wrote:
How does this build do in delve. Can it make it to 600+ ?

Currently I am 420 or so floors deep in delve and I am not running into any issues. That said I will be adjusting the build accordingly on my way down. I believe the build can comfortably go down to probably 700-800 possibly 1000+ depending on gear and delve pathing. Eventually there will be some issues, as the Impale mechanic relies on consecutive hits, so your damage is very high but you will not be one shotting the high defensive/ health pool monsters deep in delve.

All of that said, there are a lot of adjustments you can make to the build as you go to improve your delve performance, the default setup on the guide is more designed for a hybrid mapper/ boss killer, two things the build performs exceptionally well at.
"
vchintada wrote:
Did anyone kill Aul with this build?

I have seen kills of Aul with this build, but the first Aul I ran into was at 417 and he has 12% ele pen, 100% extra damage as fire, increased accuracy and 100% increased area of effect... so that likely isn't going to happen. I did manage to get the boss down to 25% health a few times (I have only tried 6 times so far), but with those mods he just 1 shots you if he hits you with basically any ability (aside from his non-crit melee attacks).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info