[3.15] 82% Block Dual Strike Impale Gladiator - 6M after 3.15 nerfs

"
it should be best in slot for any dual wield melee skill

I have the same thoughts, but as we know dual strike have issue with attack range (you can be too far and still attack, but skill won't hit your target). We need to see, will the reflections actually hit close enough to deal damage with this skill. If yes, I did my theoretical build:

1) The Saviour (with mod 100% more damage, because we will have 2 reflections 50% of our damage each). As I think, doesn't matter, mainhand or offhand. I prefer mainhand because scaeva in offhand gives block chance bonuse.
2) Dropped rage support and berserk skill because I think this is too weak - long rage stacking, fast spending with berserk. Too short burst windows.
3) Mods on Abyssus:
- 59% more melee damage and 10% increased melee damage (close combat support simulation and quality);
- 11% chance to deal double damage (pride watcher's eye mod simulation, just 2ex price. Nice one. Phys damage on pride is too weak, Impale chance is useless with Impale support gem and weak even without Impale support. Impale lasts 2 hits more is too expensive but top dps);
4) Some corrections on tree due to gear changes;
5) The Anvil Anointed - Allocates Gemini. Way less expensive than corruption, but instead of just 4-5% block chance we get same block chance and even more damage.
6) Some gear changed to rare one (a bit more expensive, but just better overall);
7) Belt changed to monstrous phys dps belt ingame - Ryslatha's Coil. And we can apply quality catalyst from metamorph to increase damage even more (up to 48% more maximum phys damage). Less minimun phys damage should be as low as possible.

https://pastebin.com/dxiHdQ0p

If you have enough currency to buy rare hight dps foil instead of Scaeva, this build can be even more powerful.
Last edited by DistantDream on Dec 28, 2019, 10:39:09 AM
"
Great build. Just a question. Does the defensive variation meant to not have any Impale chance/effect? It doesn't have any in the passive skill tree nor does it have any support gems. Thanks.

Regarding the defensive setup, its actually pretty outdated and I need to change it to reflect impale existing, apologies for that! I'll update it soon.

Thanks
So, with endless budget we can push build to the limits with more than 20m dps and not suffer survivability - awakened support gems + strong top dps foil + better minmaxed rares.
Last edited by DistantDream on Dec 28, 2019, 11:03:39 AM
"
DistantDream wrote:
So, with endless budget we can push build to the limits with more than 20m pds and not suffer survivability - awakened support gems + strong top dps foil + better minmaxed rares.

Quite possibly, this update has really brought a lot of crazy new stuff in for phys and dual wield builds especially. I will have to look more into saviour as I've been out of the loop a bit this league since before the first saviour was even dropped!
"
Quite possibly, this update has really brought a lot of crazy new stuff in for phys and dual wield builds especially. I will have to look more into saviour as I've been out of the loop a bit this league since before the first saviour was even dropped!

Check my PoB link, what do you think about it?)
"
DistantDream wrote:
"

Check my PoB link, what do you think about it?)

Its definitely some nice changes, I've been considering whether rage is worth our time for a while thanks to its poor feel after you berkerk, so I think that is a pretty good change. I had also already considered Ryslatha, but decided that I personally prefer cyclopean just for the extra life and stat fixing.
Eureka! Can we fix a bug with dual strike hitting out of it's range if we won't take "Master of the Arena" node? Other way will take few more points, but maybe this is worth it?
"
DistantDream wrote:
Eureka! Can we fix a bug with dual strike hitting out of it's range if we won't take "Master of the Arena" node? Other way will take few more points, but maybe this is worth it?

There are a few nodes which could do that, but we already take master of the arena so that seems a bit redundant. If you want more range, you could go for Brinksmanship or the mod from one of the influence types, I think its warlord gloves maybe.
"
but we already take master of the arena so that seems a bit redundant

I'm talking about not to take any weapon range nodes to fix range bug, not about taking more of them)
"
DistantDream wrote:
"
but we already take master of the arena so that seems a bit redundant

I'm talking about not to take any weapon range nodes to fix range bug, not about taking more of them)

Oops I absolutely misread that, I son't think that's how it works, but you're free to give it a try. Do the clones even struggle with range at all?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info