[3.15] 82% Block Dual Strike Impale Gladiator - 6M after 3.15 nerfs

"
DistantDream wrote:
Thank you for build. Strong and underrated :) Any suggetions to super minmax this? (push to the limits)

Thanks for the kind words! I would recommend reading both the post and item list just above this, as they're some pretty good items to strive for. Try to identify where you are struggling and work on it, be it % block chance, degen killing you a lot, or just straight dps. You can use poedb to look at crafting options for each slot of the build in case you find a replacement for a slot that works much better for you! Something to consider is a Hunter body, though its very hard to roll well, which can with a very good roll get equal to if not more health than a belly of the beast as well as much more life regen, _1-1.5% BASE crit chance for attack, and even +1 curse!
"
"
Brenugae wrote:
Liking the build, haven't had too much issue at endgame other than the odd one-shot, but it seems to be a pretty common thing with everyone this league, so not sweating it.

Curious what the next step should be, have a sword ready to be crafted, but am also missing the 6-link. I have a 40/14 6 socket BotB I could try and go for, or finish off crafting the sword, thoughts?

Also been keeping a steady eye out for Dual Strike Abyssus, haven't seen one yet on PoE trade.

Chances are your one shots are to large chaos damage hits from metamorphs thanks to oskarm pulling you down to -77% chaos res. Aside from this you're using war banner as opposed to dread banner which if I'm not mistaken means you only total an 80% impale chance (your character page is private so if you have a pride watcher's eye then this point is redundant but I can't verify this myself).

As for gear its definitely a hard choice, but personally I'd choose to either get a cinderswallow with crit to replace the silver flask, 6l the belly, or invest in some new boots/rings. Some suggestions on those is that a warlord ring can roll crit multi and vuln on hit, allowing you to grab +1 frenzy charges on your gloves (or if you wanted to go crazy you could anoint whispers of doom for 3 curses and get temp chains as an implicit). Boots on the other hand, if you didn't run vectors, can roll % life regen as well as +1 endurance charges with warlord influence which helps with our biggest weakness of life degen.

Cool, I'll bite the bullet and grab a Cinderswallow then, was hoping they'd go down a bit, haha.

Cheers.
Hey,

about this gem link
"
Blasphemy-Vulnerability (or curse of your choice)-Ancestral Protector-Berserk

is it usefull to link the totem and berserker with the curse? it doesnt seem to work together when I try
"
Mordakst wrote:
Hey,

about this gem link
"
Blasphemy-Vulnerability (or curse of your choice)-Ancestral Protector-Berserk

is it usefull to link the totem and berserker with the curse? it doesnt seem to work together when I try

Blasphemy turns vulnerability into an aura that reserves mana, the Berserk and Totem are just there for efficient socket usage. Thank you for bringing that to my attention though, as that gem setup has changed substantially now as our aura setup has since become Dread Banner, Pride and Flesh and Stone with Maim Support. You should try to get the curse as part of a glove corruption or a ring mod!
Cuz I running out of money, I thinking if I changed Scaevas to Ahn's Mights, are those weapons good with this build or should I continue with Scaevas?
Last edited by Tsiganisti on Dec 19, 2019, 5:47:43 PM
"
Tsiganisti wrote:
Cuz I running out of money, I thinking if I changed Scaevas to Ahn's Mights, are those weapons good with this build or should I continue with Scaevas?

Personally I don't find Ahn's Might to be a particularly strong weapon with this build (at least in comparison to Scaeva), not only because it provides substantially less dps both with the removal of a frenzy charge and the generally lower crit bonuses, but also because they have no additional block chance.

If you intend to change weapons I would recommend getting a Redeemer influenced Jewelled Foil to replace the off-hand Scaeva, as it can roll block chance in addition to the usual mods, allowing for a solid craft or multimod once you have the budget.
do we want 3 white sockets on both our scaeva's or what are we looking for ? cuz 48% defense looks insanely good to me
"
Ruggeprikker wrote:
do we want 3 white sockets on both our scaeva's or what are we looking for ? cuz 48% defense looks insanely good to me

The sockets you go for is dependant on your other items. You need a blue socket if you have no other sources of mana leech (e.g. a ring), and other than that we are really looking for 5 green sockets. You could also include a red in order to socket leap slam-faster attacks-power charge on crit. Equally you could decide to not get a blue if you have a mana leech ring and instead go for culling strike in place of power charge on crit.

You could try out some white sockets, but with a large phys reduction already, fortify with increased effect, resists and 82% block chance, the dps generally feels like a more worthwhile decision. The most important part about 48% increased global defences is to consider the diminishing returns provided by armour. By having 6 white sockets we gain 48% increased armour, however we actually only gain a 3% increased physical damage reduction from this. If you intend to add some more defence to the build, I would personally recommend a Basalt Flask in place of the Sulphur Flask currently included in the build!

Thanks!
do i still run abyssus on metaHC ? or do i find a diffrent helmet if so wich 1?
"
Ruggeprikker wrote:
do i still run abyssus on metaHC ? or do i find a diffrent helmet if so wich 1?

You could still use it though obviously you know the risks. Otherwise I'd recommend either any usual helmet people use on generic builds (Stark, Devoto etc.) or roll a nice rare helmet. A rare with a lot of life is possibly the best option here, especially as you can recoup some of the otherwise lost dps through conqueror influence. There are a few notable influence mods on helmets, Redeemer has chance to gain power charge on kill, reduced mana reserved. Warlord has +maximum power charges, crit multiplier, accuracy or % life regen. Once you have a lot of currency to burn, I'd recommend a warlord base to craft on, then use a redeemer's exalted orb to go for the power charge roll (prefix).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info