[3.9] 82% Block Dual Strike Impale Gladiator - 6M Shaper DPS on a budget

Been playing this for delirium, im liking it so far. Curious what others think about rage support. It does have good damage output, but it takes a bit to get to 50 stacks, especially when one shotting most packs. I wonder if melee physical damage or another support gem might be better overall? Even if it doesnt cap as high.
"
agm_ultimatex wrote:
Been playing this for delirium, im liking it so far. Curious what others think about rage support. It does have good damage output, but it takes a bit to get to 50 stacks, especially when one shotting most packs. I wonder if melee physical damage or another support gem might be better overall? Even if it doesnt cap as high.


I still struggle with this dilemma every time I look at the gems. Rage is definitely worse than Melee Physical Damage Support, even at 50 Rage it has little to no benefit over it. We have (had?) no other method of rage generation so it feels necessary for our bossing burst damage.

If you think Rage really feels too bad to use right now, you could try something interesting with the new Delirium Jewels. Put Enduring Cry on (this is also pretty great for survivability), anoint Battle Cry so that it is instant and then get a Cluster Jewel that has Mob Mentality on it in order to passively gain rage when using a Warcry. By doing this and using Enduring Cry every time it is off cooldown you should amass 50 Rage to still use Berserk by the time you reach map bosses, while still being able to use Melee Physical Damage.

Thanks for playing the build, I appreciate it!
Using an annointment on anvil would be better than using block corruption ?
Last edited by FictionRIP on Mar 26, 2020, 7:41:40 AM
"
FictionRIP wrote:
Using an annointment on anvil would be better than using block corruption ?


Can technically do both, just that your vaal orb then can brick your annointment too. I don't know what the right combo would be. When I played block bladestorm last league, I used gemini annoint on a non anvil amulet. Though my max was 79%.
Last edited by agm_ultimatex on Mar 26, 2020, 2:22:46 PM
"
Krumplefly wrote:
"
agm_ultimatex wrote:
Been playing this for delirium, im liking it so far. Curious what others think about rage support. It does have good damage output, but it takes a bit to get to 50 stacks, especially when one shotting most packs. I wonder if melee physical damage or another support gem might be better overall? Even if it doesnt cap as high.


I still struggle with this dilemma every time I look at the gems. Rage is definitely worse than Melee Physical Damage Support, even at 50 Rage it has little to no benefit over it. We have (had?) no other method of rage generation so it feels necessary for our bossing burst damage.

If you think Rage really feels too bad to use right now, you could try something interesting with the new Delirium Jewels. Put Enduring Cry on (this is also pretty great for survivability), anoint Battle Cry so that it is instant and then get a Cluster Jewel that has Mob Mentality on it in order to passively gain rage when using a Warcry. By doing this and using Enduring Cry every time it is off cooldown you should amass 50 Rage to still use Berserk by the time you reach map bosses, while still being able to use Melee Physical Damage.

Thanks for playing the build, I appreciate it!


Do you think berserk is necessary? Generating 5 rage per Enduring Cry would take some time to build up.

Also noticed in the PoB the abyssus has a 100% increased melee damage. Is this to cover some other stat that PoB isn't calculating?
Last edited by agm_ultimatex on Mar 29, 2020, 7:18:11 PM
"
agm_ultimatex wrote:
"
Krumplefly wrote:
"
agm_ultimatex wrote:
Been playing this for delirium, im liking it so far. Curious what others think about rage support. It does have good damage output, but it takes a bit to get to 50 stacks, especially when one shotting most packs. I wonder if melee physical damage or another support gem might be better overall? Even if it doesnt cap as high.


I still struggle with this dilemma every time I look at the gems. Rage is definitely worse than Melee Physical Damage Support, even at 50 Rage it has little to no benefit over it. We have (had?) no other method of rage generation so it feels necessary for our bossing burst damage.

If you think Rage really feels too bad to use right now, you could try something interesting with the new Delirium Jewels. Put Enduring Cry on (this is also pretty great for survivability), anoint Battle Cry so that it is instant and then get a Cluster Jewel that has Mob Mentality on it in order to passively gain rage when using a Warcry. By doing this and using Enduring Cry every time it is off cooldown you should amass 50 Rage to still use Berserk by the time you reach map bosses, while still being able to use Melee Physical Damage.

Thanks for playing the build, I appreciate it!


Do you think berserk is necessary? Generating 5 rage per Enduring Cry would take some time to build up.

Also noticed in the PoB the abyssus has a 100% increased melee damage. Is this to cover some other stat that PoB isn't calculating?


Berserk really lets us melt bosses but isn't necessarily vital. The Abyssus is simulating impale (I don't use the PoB fork)
How does dropping to 75% block affect this build? Woiuld like to try running it with savior sword for better clear
"
xaeror35 wrote:
How does dropping to 75% block affect this build? Woiuld like to try running it with savior sword for better clear


My concern with that would be abyssus. I'm definitely finding myself to feel a little squishy at times with using it, but i also can't really drop the damage right now. That said, last league I played a gladiator with using just one sword that had block, and another just high pdps sword. So with the ascendency, i would max out at 79%. Was still enough to be defensive.
i'm kinda new to this game but where can i find the skill tree(passives) ?

kind regards
Cules.
"
ImCuIes wrote:
i'm kinda new to this game but where can i find the skill tree(passives) ?

kind regards
Cules.


There's a section on the first page "PoB pastebin". Install path of building: https://github.com/PathOfBuildingCommunity/PathOfBuilding#download, and then you can import the details via the pastebin URL.

A lot of the community uses path of building as you're able to dive into more of the numbers for calculating damage, defenses, etc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info