[3.7] Diabloyd's Avatar of Voidforge Berserk Cyclone / 6~8K HP / 5~8M+ Shaper DPS / 2 Variations

Hi, if you're interested, please check out my Jugg version of this build!

[3.7] Diabloyd's Avatar of Voidforge Jugg Cyclone / 7K+ HP / 3~4M+ Shaper DPS
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2544743
3.7 Diabloyd's Frenzy Void Slayer / 3~4M Shaper Dps / 8 Endurance Charges / Very versatile
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2586812
3.7 Diabloyd's Icy Cat Flicker Raider / 5M+ Shaper DPS / Sword & Shield / Fast & Boom
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2595368

I did mention that I was playing Berserker initially but I found the AoE being too small. I kept that thought until I've encountered the 5-way Legion Battle, then I realized, I need MOAR DAMAGE.

Here's a GIF showcase(videos are below).
1.5 sec Chicken Nugget Guy, 8M true DPS.

The basic concept of the build is using Avatar of Fire and the underrated Voidforge, with some damage conversion and tons of fire resistance reduction, dealing decent damage without investing in any crazy expensive shit.
And, at the same time, being a THICC BERSERKER.

Wait...how is Berserker Thicc? see below

There are 2 variations of this build, one is very tanky, just like a THICC JUGG.
And the other has very high burst damage (up to 10M with very good gears)

First one is my default version with higher damage:
With my current Legion character (level 95), I have:
- 8M burst dps to shaper/guardians/elder
- 6.3K HP
- 10% increased Fortify effect.
- 76% max fire res, 75 max cold/light res.
- 3 endurance charges (up all the time).

And my other THICC version:
- 5M burst dps to shaper/guardians/elder
- 7.8K HP
- 10% increased Fortify effect.
- 76% max fire res, 75 max cold/light res.
- 5 endurance charges(up all the time).
This version was my first attempt, but sadly I don't have any record nor do I have a PoB saved before I changed to the default version.

DPS note:
Spoiler
extra damage from Shock is NOT included here, so it's actually higher than the result of PoB shown.

In general, you delete most things in this game with a reasonable budget

Contents I've done:
Literally everything.

(oh except Uber Atziri...cause I'm not interested)

Videos:
Spoiler
Phoenix with the default version:
https://youtu.be/OphscPJL32E

Thicc version, tankiness showcase with 3-linked Cyclone, Minotaur:
https://youtu.be/tmi6j8dBxbM
Map mods: crits, power charges, more % life.

My PC sucks, so don't mind the quality and the occasional screen freeze.

Defensive Mechanics:
Spoiler
1, We have inifinite Endurance Charges and Frenzy Charges! By using Eye of Innocence, it allows you to "hit" yourself when you ignite an enemy.

And by using the new passive cluster "Charging Offensive" (near Vaal Pact), you have 20% chance to gain an Endurance Charge and a Frenzy Charge when hit while channeling.

Annnnd, Cyclone is now a channeling skill.

That means you can infinitely gain Endurance Charges and Frenzy Charges just by dealing damage.

Infinite Endurance Charges mean you have can always trigger the Immortal Call with maximum effect and long uptime.

2, In both versions, we use Phase Acrobatics, for uh, obvious reasons.

3, In the Thicc version, we also use the new passive cluster "Dazzling Strikes" to apply Blind to the enemies. Along with Phase Acrobatics, you have 40% attack dodge, 30% spell dodge, and 50% chance to evade.
Plus it has 5 end.charges with almost 8K life. I don't think anything in this game can kill you now (if you play normally).

Offensive Mechanics:
Spoiler
So we're using Voidforge and Avatar of Fire.
Let me explain:
1, Why Voidforge?
Cause it's simply good and associates very well with added physical damage (from Abyssus, for example.
2, Why Avatar of Fire?
Due to Voidforge's "random" element damage, it is hard to benefit from elemental resistance reduction. So we basically convert most of our damage to Fire, and benefit from the huge amount of fire resistance reduction. To do this, Pyre is a must, Call of the Brotherhood is optional (not recommended), and the passive "Winter Spirit" is also optional (also not recommended).
3, What fire res reduction?
With level 1 CWDT, link in Wave of Conviction, and the Combustion Support, these gems alone can lower the enemy 44% fire res. Also, we can get 15% fire penetration from The Wise Oak (you don't need to balance your res, just make your fire res the highest.)
4, But since we have damage avoidance (evade+dodge), how can we trigger the CWDT as fast as possible?
As explained above in the Mechanics, we "hit" ourselves when igniting the enemies, this also accumulates the damage threshold of CWDT and can easily trigger it even if you're not damaged by the mobs at all.
5, What damage can the ascendancy(Berserker) itself provide?
I mean, it's Berserker xD
6, What type of damage do we deal?
We deal pure fire damage, with crits.
7, We have Frenzy Charges all the time!

Gears and Items I'm using, with explanations:
Spoiler

1, Unique Helmet (Optional)

Estimated cost: 2-4 Ex

Ofc an Armour or Evasion base would be the best enchant helm ,but those are too expensive and I bought this ES Cyclone Enchant Helm with 1 Ex.
Use Scorched Fossil to get "-9% fire res" on your helm, and don't forget to get as much life as you can.
Use Pristine Fossil too if you want more life.

2, Unique Body Armour

Estimated cost: 3 Ex

500 Life, up to 40% fire damage. Why not?

3, Unique Weapon

Estimated cost: around 1ex (excluding the 6L cost

Well, it's 10 times cheaper than Starforge.

4, Unique Amulet

Estimated cost: 1 chaos

You use these to gain infinite charges.

5, Unique Ring

This ring, along with Voidforge and Avatar of Fire, provides a huge amount of damage.

6, Unique Ring (Optional)

This allows you to ignite yourself, thus providing lots of damage. And can also make use of the damage provided by Eye of Innocence.

However, this is optional, see below for more detail.

6, Rare Ring (Optional)
Estimated cost: ???

I don't have a link to this, but please get any ring with decent Life/res, and if possible, a "-X mana cost" craft would be nice.

7, Rare Gloves

Estimated cost: 10-40 chaos

Something like this, get a good one that you can afford.
You'll need:
-25% Phys to Cold or Fire.
-An open prefix to craft "+1 weapon range".

You can use Hrimburn as well, but it's a straight loss for life/res, I personally will not consider it.

8, Rare Boots (Optional

Estimated cost: 20+ chaos

The only important thing is to get 30% movement speed, you'll need it.
And don't forget to get enough Int on your rares.

9, Sunspite (Optional

Estimated cost: 1~20 chaos

Use this to replace the Mokou Ring. It has decent movement speed and life regeneration, and most importantly, it allows you to ignite yourself.

The best enchant for boots are:
-10% ele penetration if haven't killed recently, for single target boss dps.
-16% attack speed if killed recently, for general mapping.
-2% life/mana rengerated when hit, for general recovery buff.
-8% spell dodge when hit by a spell recently, for general defensive buff.

10, Rare Belt

Estimated cost: ???

Something like this, Stygian Vise is recommended.

10, Unique Jewel 1

Estimated cost: 10-15 chaos

Put this jewel in the socket above the notable passive "Juggernaut". It provides 70% crit multiplier. It's optional, but strongly recommended.

11, Unique Jewel 2

Estimated cost: 3-4 Ex

What we need is the crit chance with Hatred. It's optional, but strongly recommended.

12, Flasks

These are merely some examples, the flasks' combination is totally up to you. The only expensive one is the Lion's Roar, cost me 60c to buy it.
My personal preference is:
Diamond Flask + Wise Oak + QuickSilver + Blood of the Karui.
The last one will be:

-Lion's Roar for end-game boss
-Silver Flask for general mapping.
Estimated Cost:
Wise Oak: 15-30 chaos
Lion's Roar: 40-60 C
(excluding the normal flasks since you basically craft them yourself)

13, Legion Jewel. This might be a special one, in case you want to use the exact same setup as mine, find a Legion jewel called "Lethal Pride", with 10614 under Kaom.
Check the "Passives" below for more information.

14, Jewels
Estimated cost per jewel: 10-40 chaos

I'll just list the stats you need on the jewels:
-Life
-Critical strike multiplier (Global, or other types of Crit multiplier.
-Attack speed.
-Res (if you need)

Here's an overall view of my gears:
Spoiler

Gems & Passives (Default Version):
Spoiler
Gems
Spoiler
Body Armour:
6L: Vaal Cyclone - Fortify- Elemental Damage with Attacks - Rage -
Infused Channelling - Melee Physical Damage / Pulverise

If 5L:
Vaal Cyclone - Fortify - Elemental Damage with Attacks - Rage - Infused Channelling

Explanation:
Spoiler
- A normal Cyclone can do just well, I use Vaal Cyclone for the lazy one button clear.
- Fortify is in a very good spot, although it does not provide the most damage, it can be very comfortable to use, and since you don't need to "leap slam" to keep up the fortify buff, it buffs your dps indirectly.
- Infused Channelling is the most busted gem here. The damage buff itself and the "Infusion" buff it provides gives you roughly 52% more damage, AND it gives you 8% phy damage reduction for free.
- Use Pulverise instead of Melee Physical damage if you want more AoE.

4L,:
Cast When Damage Taken(lvl 1) - Wave of Conviction (under level 7)
- Assassin's Mark (level 5) - Combustion (lvl 19)

Explanation:
Spoiler
You use lvl 1 CWDT to trigger the Wave of Conviction for easy -25% fire res.
And combustion for -19% fire res.
-Use Assassin's Mark for more damage.

2L,:
Cast when Damage Taken(lvl 10-ish) - Immortal Call (lvl 12-ish)

Auras/Mana reservation skills:
-Hatred
Good damage buff, especially with the Watcher's eye.
-Blood and sand
Use blood form for more damage, and sand form for more AoE.
-Precision
You need this for almost 100% chance to hit.

Other skills:
-Berserk.
Your Ultimate.
-Leap Slam
A good travel skill, you can also use other ones like Dash or Frostblink.
-Vaal Ancestral Warchief.
Why not Ancestral Protector? Because the Vaal Warchief can jump and move itself, suits better with the Cyclone playstyle.

Bandits & Pantheons:
Spoiler
I recommend Kill all. You can swap to Alira if you want.
I use Lunaris for general mapping, and Solaris for bossing (and maps with crit mods).

Passives:

Ascendancies:
Spoiler
You'll need:
Rite of Ruin >> Flawless Savagery >> Pain Reaver or Blitz.

I would recommend Pain Reaver. If you're using Blitz, make sure you get 0.4% life/mana leech on the tree.

Gems & Passives (Thicc Version):
Spoiler
Gems
Spoiler
Body Armour:
6L: Vaal Cyclone - Fortify - Rage -
Infused Channelling - Combustion- Elemental Damage with Attacks / Pulverise

If 5L:
Vaal Cyclone - Fortify - Elemental Damage with Attacks - Rage - Infused Channelling

Explanation:
Spoiler
- A normal Cyclone can do just well, I use Vaal Cyclone for the lazy one button clear.
- Fortify is in a very good spot, although it does not provide the most damage, it can be very comfortable to use, and since you don't need to "leap slam" to keep up the fortify buff, it buffs your dps indirectly.
- Infused Channelling is the most busted gem here. The damage buff itself and the "Infusion" buff it provides gives you roughly 52% more damage, AND it gives you 8% phy damage reduction for free.
- Use Pulverise instead of Elemental Damage with Attacks if you want more AoE.

4L,:
Cast When Damage Taken(lvl 1) - Wave of Conviction (under level 7)
- Assassin's Mark (level 5)

Explanation:
Spoiler
You use lvl 1 CWDT to trigger the Wave of Conviction for easy -25% fire res.
And combustion for -19% fire res.
-Use Assassin's Mark for more damage.

2L,:
Cast when Damage Taken(lvl 10-ish) - Immortal Call (lvl 12-ish) - Increased Duration

Auras/Mana reservation skills:
-Hatred
Good damage buff, especially with the Watcher's eye.
-Blood and sand
Use blood form for more damage, and sand form for more AoE.
-Precision
You need this for almost 100% chance to hit.

Other skills:
-Berserk.
Your Ultimate.
-Leap Slam
A good travel skill, you can also use other ones like Dash or Frostblink.
-Vaal Ancestral Warchief.
Why not Ancestral Protector? Because the Vaal Warchief can jump and move itself, suits better with the Cyclone playstyle.

Bandits & Pantheons:
Spoiler
I recommend Kill all. You can swap to Alira if you want.
I use Lunaris for general mapping, and Solaris for bossing (and maps with crit mods).

Passives:

Ascendancies:
Spoiler
You'll need:
Rite of Ruin >> Flawless Savagery >> Pain Reaver or Blitz.

I would recommend Pain Reaver. If you're using Blitz, make sure you get 0.4% life/mana leech on the tree.

[Trivia]
-Path of Building (my current character).
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/dVWKQE06
Voidforge is not properly calculated by PoB (it won't recognize "random element"). So you'll have to edit it yourself.
Add these mods to your Voidforge:
Gain 100% of Weapon Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage
Gain 100% of Weapon Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage
Gain 100% of Weapon Physical Damage as Extra Lightning Damage

Legion Jewels are still unavailable, so I've added a jewel myself with all the stats on it.

-Reddit post linked to this guide:
Spoiler
Not yet

-Some minor leveling tips (passive route):
Last edited by diabloyd on Jul 17, 2019, 10:49:23 AM
Last bumped on Aug 23, 2019, 10:38:34 PM
How do you find the Rage stacking, also what about Close Combat? it's loads of damage.
"
saizosol wrote:
How do you find the Rage stacking, also what about Close Combat? it's loads of damage.

Berserker itself can generate Rage stacking (with an internal cooldown of 0.3 sec), Rage support also generates Rage (with an internal cooldown of 0.4 sec).

These together can make the Rage stacking much faster.

Close Combat is good indeed, but I still don't really know the exact mechanic of this gem, like, does it work like Point Blank? at what range does the damage begins to fall? etc.

I've tried to ask Reddit, and even sent a message to GGG Mark, but no answers :(

Plus, the only one you can replace with Close Combat is Melee Physical Damage and Elemental Damage with attacks.

Elemental Damage with attacks has 54% more damage with no limitations of range.

Melee Physical Damage has 49% more, but this one is used to swap with Pulverise to have more AoE for clearing. (They're both red, and Close Combat is Green).

That's why I didn't choose Close Combat, hope this will answer your question :)
"
diabloyd wrote:
"
saizosol wrote:

Berserker itself can generate Rage stacking (with an internal cooldown of 0.3 sec), Rage support also generates Rage (with an internal cooldown of 0.4 sec).

These together can make the Rage stacking much faster.

Close Combat is good indeed, but I still don't really know the exact mechanic of this gem, like, does it work like Point Blank? at what range does the damage begins to fall? etc.

I've tried to ask Reddit, and even sent a message to GGG Mark, but no answers :(

Plus, the only one you can replace with Close Combat is Melee Physical Damage and Elemental Damage with attacks.

Elemental Damage with attacks has 54% more damage with no limitations of range.

Melee Physical Damage has 49% more, but this one is used to swap with Pulverise to have more AoE for clearing. (They're both red, and Close Combat is Green).

That's why I didn't choose Close Combat, hope this will answer your question :)

I see, yeah I was having major issues with my build tried so many different options, but after checking out eye of innocence, I was dumb found of how smart that was. I'm using Fleshripper so my build rather different but I've been taking ideas from yours, I've got no idea how to scale elemental damage id love to see if I can do it with that axe and just be good for once lol
How tanky is this build (thicc version) compared to your Jugg?

This one doesnt use abyssus, has the same hp and still 5 endurance charges for 100% IC.
Shouldnt it be better? Okay less range and unbreakable is missing.
"
Enterich wrote:

This one doesnt use abyssus, has the same hp and still 5 endurance charges for 100% IC.

I'd say it can be much tankier because it has dodge and blind.
I've updated a showcase video of the Thicc Version, go check it out ! :)
"
diabloyd wrote:
"
Enterich wrote:

Thanks for your response!

So for guys like me , which dont know all the monster abilities and when to dodge them its still the same or better in terms of survivibility? Tldr: mistake forgiving wise its the same?

Btw. are you streaming on twitch?
"
Enterich wrote:
"
diabloyd wrote:
"
Enterich wrote:

Thanks for your response!

So for guys like me , which dont know all the monster abilities and when to dodge them its still the same or better in terms of survivibility? Tldr: mistake forgiving wise its the same?

Btw. are you streaming on twitch?

Generally talking, yeah, this Berserker Version is tankier. But I think it still depends on the actual content you encounter.

The weakness of Berserker's tankiness is that you have to hit something first, you won't generate endurance charges automatically like Jugg.
Jugg also has larger AoE, which is an indirect buff for survivability since you won't need to stay too close to the enemy, thus safer.

Other than these, there's still the Rage stacks that you'll need to manage if playing Berserker. Rage stacks can be very strong for damage and tankiness, it makes your Berserk stronger (lasts longer).

There's always a downside tho: you'll need to stack the Rage first.

And no, I don't stream (just another normal guy xD)
Hey my gear is better than yours , what am i doing wrong? I cant 1.5 sec a minotaur..
"
UnwillingFate wrote:
Hey my gear is better than yours , what am i doing wrong? I cant 1.5 sec a minotaur..

Your gears are not actually better than mine.
Check the PoB, it has the items I have used when I was Berserker. You'll find out what you're missing.

(I've already changed to Jugg now so my profile is different).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info