Legion Class Statistics

"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Natalia_GGG wrote:
Cyclone league in effect!

Fixed that for you.

7 years of PoE and it's finally achieved its goal of being the second coming of Diablo 2.

If this is not sarcasm than I should probably play. I enjoyed old cyclone and it sounds like new one might be better?
S L O W E R
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
Ushela wrote:
Should work on buffing the classes that no one obviously cares about, lol...
Make a more balanced game imo.

'Balance' is not the sole reason for some of those classes. For instance, the Guardian consistently comes bottom of the list league after league, but that isn't because he's weak - in fact, he's very strong at what he does. It's because what he does are archetypes that most players don't find appealing to play (for instance, support builds / aurabots) and so they'll always avoid using him. Similarly, both Saboteur and Necromancer are tied to specific playstyles that aren't everyone's cup of tea and so only show highly at times when those builds are heavily promoted (such as in Incursion).

Contrast this with much more generalist ascendancies like Raider and Assassin, and you know which ones are actually underperforming. So I'd say we ought to be careful judging by these stats - some ascendancies just aren't ever going to be top dog, and that's both expected and okay. They only need to be good at their particular niche in order to be balanced.

Is this a joke? Do you know how many people played saboteur when arc traps were a thing? Do you assume that the most OP skill wont also be the most played one because somehow it is unappealing?

Also your assessment of guardian is completely wrong. He is not played that much because he is expensive.
Last edited by Johny_Snow on Jun 24, 2019, 9:26:41 PM
"
Natalia_GGG wrote:
Melee league in effect!

Oh would you STOP with the nonsense for a SECOND please ?

This is not the melee league, this is the CYCLONE league ffs.
By utterly breaking the balance and making cyclone ridiculously OP, everybody is playing it.

Other melee skills though ?
Let's check the HC Legion stats :
Cyclone ( + vaal cyclone ) = 38 %
ED : 13%
Blight ( + vaal blight ) = 10 %
Ancestral warchief ( + vaal AW ) = 5%
Earthquake ( + vaal earthquake ) = 5%
Herald of Agony = 3%
Bladestorm = 2%
Scourge arrow = 2%
Elemental hit = 2%
Righteous fire = 2%
Spectral shield throw = 2%
Tornado shot = 2%
Blade flurry = 1%
Lacerate = 1%
Techtonic slam = 1%

There you go, the first actually melee-like skill comes at 5th position with 5% usage.

NICE MELEE LEAGUE

And the fact that GGG is pretending that this is actually people playing melee characters is ..... well, let's not go into needlessely negative qualifiers I guess.

*sigh*
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Jun 24, 2019, 10:20:27 PM
Only One Melee skill is the meta.

I wish you can see the legion chests etc on map so the weak waveclear builds can go to them instantly (ofc not showing chiefs on either side).
Last edited by Lucifer1122 on Jun 24, 2019, 11:03:10 PM
"
Molochmane wrote:
Berserker 9.7722%

YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Great International Zerk-off represent!
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
POOR Raider/Pathfinder...

BERSERKER ->>> MORE MORE MORE DMG, DOUBLE DMG, RAGE triple quadruple, MOARRRRRRRRR
Raider ->>> small increased dmg, frenzy duration, evasion, MORE durations... thats all, go play class with 50%++ LESS dmg if you want.

edit: if you follow GGGs marauder/duelist logic Raider/Pathfinder should be at least 30% more elemental dmg. And everything else should have "more" instead small tiny mini increased dmg nodes. 6% chance to dodge... wtf is this 6% chance to dodge for major node.
Last edited by Joleco on Jun 25, 2019, 12:31:26 AM
I had just started playing near the end of last expansion and elementalist fitted the style I like in other games. I've been playing that this season as well, but when I play with my friends at lower level than I was with worse gear doing much better in maps, I can understand this picture. You went too far with nerfs.
GGG don't do balance, they force metas
"
Antikristoff wrote:
Would be REALLY great for now on that we get a more balanced league where melee to caster, slayer to elementalist, are all used a bit more evenly, balance changes have been way to aggressive and binary to see real diversity.

Well, first, I think actual diversity is impossible to have, since people will, no matter how blanaced it is, go towards the newest skills.

That being said, it's true that all updates destroy the previous OP class and create a new one... it looks like GGG doesn't even try to balance actually, they just try to create new shiny OP content so people keep playing.
I mean, I don't blame nerfs or buffs or new content. You would have been right to nerf Occultist, but instead you destroyed it. You were right to buff melee, but not to create the most OP builds PoE has ever seen (compared to the required amount of currency required).
Eventually, you were right to add new content on unpopular classes, but you didn't have to push people towards it by making it OP - new content naturally attracts players.

I'm sure you know this better than I do, after all this is your job - that's why I can only explain some of your patch choices by a greedy player attractivity-oriented mentality. I guess next league, cyclone will be hard nerfed and... bows? will be OP.

I don't know what it would be worth rentability-wise (or, I know it would certainly be terrible) - but as a player, I'd like you to consider a more stable developpement for PoE. Instead of always making players rush towards brand new OP builds, and brand new broken leagues, maybe you should consider (as many players aldready suggested) 4-month leagues, or a legacy league instead of a new one during the winter holidays (which wouldn't alter your income from supporter packs). Maybe you should also consider a more stable way of balancing, so players have the choice between everything, rather than feeling pushed towards one or two builds.

As for ED/Contagion popularity due to its interaction with Legion, I guess that can hardly be avoided so... that's not an issue.

Thanks for everything (is I criticize so much, it's also because I have high expectations from your game, and I know you'll try to listen to your players) :)
"
Dedisdead wrote:
So the slayer meta shows that all the people who were winning about the overleech nerf, constantly yelling "OMG slayer is dead GGG learn to balance your game", were wrong all along.
You mean when a class gets 2-3% base crit out of nowhere which is more than Assassin provides and 50% aoe it's a matter of leech? Half the slayers don't even spec into leech anymore just culling / crit / aoe nodes.

"
Fruz wrote:
There you go, the first actually melee-like skill comes at 5th position with 5% usage.

NICE MELEE LEAGUE
You forgot to bolden the bladestorm, but anyway, if we substract cyclone and essence drain / blight (it's basically the same spec just some have ED on 4 link / pseudo 4 link and vaal blight on 6 link) then we get EQ on the rise, it used to be tornado shot / toxic rain / scourge arrow after these top 2 builds, but it seems EQ and spectral shield throw are catching up or even overtaking it. Ancestral Warchief totem is mostly used as a supplementary skill in other melee builds, you'd have to separate people who play it as a main skill (like some chieftains) and everyone else.

But yeah, the league mechanic is fairly melee unfriendly, you need a lot of screen clear and also the legion mob damage on 13+ rank maps is extremely harsh for characters that can't clear the archers and vaal mages off screen. You can have 7k hp 10k armor fortify and molten shell and still get ripped to shreds by legion mobs.
Last edited by Viktranka on Jun 25, 2019, 6:47:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info