[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

So in the conclusion so far what I've seen in comments; HOA is better then HOP? I've started with HOP but I'm only around lvl 60, does my POB change If I want to switch to HOA?
"
Pharcayd wrote:
So in the conclusion so far what I've seen in comments; HOA is better then HOP? I've started with HOP but I'm only around lvl 60, does my POB change If I want to switch to HOA?

It's really up to personal preference. I personally much prefer HoP; I feel like it's more reliable, doesn't require you to hit 100% of the time unlike HoA, and doesn't require Resolute Technique. Plus, it's true that they have less clear than HoA, but the spiders are more than enough to clear in my opinion. :)
I tend to agree with Vatinas. I think that there are a few pros and cons for each build and they pretty much cancel each other out.

I have been playing a different build in Harvest, but eventually I will get back to a direct comparison of the two.

I think one of the biggest differences is the survivability increase with CI over LL. I have not considered doing a CI Herald of Agony (not sure if it would scale the same).

To me:

CI/HoP has much higher defense and slightly less top end damage.

LL/HoA has less defense, but is easier to cap resists for, and has slightly higher potential damage output.

Maybe it was some changes along with the new patch but I spawn spiders easier with HoP and I spawn my Herald buff easier with HoA.

Finally, as Vatinas mentioned, for HoA to really out DPS HoP, you need to be at max Virulence stacks and this just isn't viable all if the time. So HoP might be less damage, but it is more consistent damage.

Also I'm lazy and I like to not worry as much about standing on chaos dots that I don't notice.
Exile

"Bullshit, you get the game for free."
-Qarl
Hey mate amazing build i follow HoA in delirium but now wanna try HoP do you have a video playing HoP ?

Thanks!
"
Pitopito wrote:
Hey mate amazing build i follow HoA in delirium but now wanna try HoP do you have a video playing HoP ?

Thanks!

Hi,

Not yet, sorry! I didn't play enough last league to record end game content, and I'm not there yet this league. I'm planning to record some fights when I get to Sirus and friends. :)

However, if you absolutely want to see HoP in action before trying that version, let me know and I'll record a random map run (it will most likely be yellow tier though, as I'm only this far into the atlas).

Enjoying the build! Went for HoA version since the ring was cheaper.
Still need to divine my gear for better stats.
Also I prefer using ball lightning with unleash to cap 40 virulence stacks on bosses and saves me 2 points from RT
Last edited by Jasonx3 on Jun 24, 2020, 2:30:22 AM
"
Vatinas wrote:
"
Pitopito wrote:

Thanks!

Hi,

Not yet, sorry! I didn't play enough last league to record end game content, and I'm not there yet this league. I'm planning to record some fights when I get to Sirus and friends. :)

However, if you absolutely want to see HoP in action before trying that version, let me know and I'll record a random map run (it will most likely be yellow tier though, as I'm only this far into the atlas).

Thanks for the answer! i ll start today the build if u can do the video on a random map (doesnt care if its a withe one :D) i would love it.

Thanks mate for this AMAZING build.

cheers
"
Pitopito wrote:
Thanks for the answer! i ll start today the build if u can do the video on a random map (doesnt care if its a withe one :D) i would love it.

Thanks mate for this AMAZING build.

cheers

Alright, will do! Plus, I'm slowly starting to reach red maps, so I should be able to record something that's not too easy. :p

And I'm really glad you enjoy the build this much! :) Have a nice day!
What wep is good to leveling 55+?
"
thedoldii wrote:
What wep is good to leveling 55+?

Like said in the leveling guide, any melee weapon (preferably mace for the attribute requirements) with good base physical damage and a bit of attack speed. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info