[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
Schultzy0123 wrote:
Was curious if anyone has been running a mapping version of this while they scale up to the BiS items in POB...in harvest League?

Would be super helpful for me, and greatly appreciated.

Hi,

Yeah, I've been running white maps in amost literal SSF, and everything went fine. You have a lot of innate resists from your skill tree, so it's very easy and cheap to get capped, and you don't really don't need much to scale your minions' damage. Just use Dominating Blow until you can afford Arakaali's Fang, and you'll be okay. And after that, it's pretty much "steamroll everything" anyway. Also, having some Zombies with Meat Shield helps with survivability before having good chance to block + Aegis Aurora.

Cheers!
"
Vatinas wrote:
"
griba wrote:
"Cast when Damage Taken Support" does not support "Tempest Shield".

"
That might come from the fact that your Tempest Shield is too high level, leave it at level 1 and see if it works better. :)

Thanks works perfect :)
Last edited by griba on Jun 22, 2020, 10:32:41 AM
"
griba wrote:
Thanks works perfect :)

I'm glad to hear it! :) Feel free to ask if you encounter any other issue.
"
Vatinas wrote:
"
Schultzy0123 wrote:
Was curious if anyone has been running a mapping version of this while they scale up to the BiS items in POB...in harvest League?

Would be super helpful for me, and greatly appreciated.

Hi,

Yeah, I've been running white maps in amost literal SSF, and everything went fine. You have a lot of innate resists from your skill tree, so it's very easy and cheap to get capped, and you don't really don't need much to scale your minions' damage. Just use Dominating Blow until you can afford Arakaali's Fang, and you'll be okay. And after that, it's pretty much "steamroll everything" anyway. Also, having some Zombies with Meat Shield helps with survivability before having good chance to block + Aegis Aurora.

Cheers!

Which character are you doing that with? I want to mimick it in POB.

"
Schultzy0123 wrote:
Which character are you doing that with? I want to mimick it in POB.

It's WaningFaith in Harvest, but I've bought quite a lot of items already, so I don't think there's much left to mimic. Let me know if you need some advice. :)
"
Vatinas wrote:
Just to clarify one thing, it's true that HoP sentinels spawn on kill, but they also have a 20% chance to spawn on hit against unique enemies, so they're just as easy to summon versus boss fights without adds. :)

This makes a LOT of sense. I was trying to figure out how long it would take me to kill something on my own by spinning into a pack of white mobs and I would randomly get a Sentinel. I was going nuts trying to figure out what I was killing.
Exile

"Bullshit, you get the game for free."
-Qarl
"
GingerBeast wrote:
"
Sedorian wrote:
Sitting out a few leagues but still messing around in standard from time to time and wanted to give this a shot with HoP after alot of HoA in the past. Feel like I am missing something because the survivability is 100% there but with 20 spiders, 4 HoP, using the buffs actively, I just dont feel like the damage is happening. Anyone notice where I might have missed something in setup or gear?

I don't see anything missing from your gear. Assuming your tree is set up the same as the PoB, I would bet it is a playstyle thing. Not saying you are doing it wrong, just that the...damage progression...is a bit different.

That's the biggest difference I have noticed so far between the two. A close second differences is the massive increase in survivability with CI.

Anyway, eventually I will type up a post comparing the two from a playstyle point of view instead of just looking at the PoB, but in the meantime:

One of the largest advantages I think HoA has is that you don't actually have to kill anything to summon the agony crawler. Simply inflicting poison stacks gets it up and running.

HoP, on the other hand, requires you to kill something before any Sentinels spawn; and I don't think that Worms do the trick. This makes me a bit nervous for fights without adds, like Sirus.

So I think that what this means, is that during normal play, the initial damage output is lower for HoP because it takes longer to get 4 sentinels spawned than it does a single agony crawler.

Other than that, there is certainly more "work" involved with getting the most damage out of the HoP version. Making sure that you have Rallying Cry and Spirit Offering up as much as possible is more of a chore than just the standard HoA style where you just spin to stack virulence and then face tank anything that does not melt right away.

TL;DR: All other things being equal, the DPS from HoP is higher than that from HoA. There is no question. I think the way the builds play out are just different enough to feel like it isn't as much because it takes longer to ramp up.

The more I think about it, I would agree 100%. Played the original HoA setup till level 98 in League and now reviving this guy wanted to give HoP a try. The ramp up of getting everything going has a different feel from the crawler always doing its thing.
Is POB the same for LL HOP version?
"
Pharcayd wrote:
Is POB the same for LL HOP version?

Hi,

Yes, it's the same, except that you don't have to travel all the way to CI. You can use the points you gain however you prefer, but I think that grabbing Spiritual Command and Righteous Army would be a good use of points. :)
Hi Guys! :D playing ur HoP Build this league because i had a blast with HoA in Delirium League and wanted to see the difference. Do our Spiders and Sentinels profit from Grave Intentions because when i skill it in PoB it doesnt change anything for their dps :o Ty <3

Short Edit: I find HoA superior for Legion Encounter, Incursions, Map Clear (because of HoA+Pierce) and for NoAdds Bosses so far. But ill give HoP a try and can later reroll for HoA because we use nearly the same key items anyway :)
Last edited by Anena on Jun 23, 2020, 7:57:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info