[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
I am in no way recommending this but for those who want to experiment with more spider damage (at the cost of a ton of defense), the new shield released today turns our Spiders into a 6 link!

https://i.redd.it/1nphr3vtp2u71.jpg

I'm not entirely sure it will work, since "Raise Spiders" is a bit of a weird skill, but even if it does, it will break our survivability. It might be cool to try it for a completely different build, but not this one. ^^
"
Vatinas wrote:
"
I am in no way recommending this but for those who want to experiment with more spider damage (at the cost of a ton of defense), the new shield released today turns our Spiders into a 6 link!

https://i.redd.it/1nphr3vtp2u71.jpg

I'm not entirely sure it will work, since "Raise Spiders" is a bit of a weird skill, but even if it does, it will break our survivability. It might be cool to try it for a completely different build, but not this one. ^^

yup, that is why I said I am in no way recommending this. :)

From everything I have read on reddit, it is suppose to work with the Fang dagger FWIW. Who knows though.
Armour Mastery
* +600 to Armour while affected by a Guard Skill Buff
* You take 30% reduced Extra Damage from Critical Strikes
* 20% chance to Defend with 200% of Armour
* 50% increased Stun Threshold
* Determination has 25% increased Mana Reservation Efficiency
* Reflect Physical Damage equal to 500% of Physical Damage prevented when Hit

Couple juicy things to take. Maybe with determination mastery and cluster jewel you could free up enough mana to use tempest shield for 25% spell block and shock immunity. Plus you wouldn't need the blue nightmare, which frees up a jewel socket and saves some currency since its usually pretty expensive league start.
"
Vatinas wrote:
"
Hi Vatinas,

When you were discussing Tempest Shield in your 3.16 notes, you mentioned that Determination is only going to reserve 35%. I do not believe that is correct. Determination has received a large flat armor buff but it is still going to take the regular 50% reservation from my understanding.

The only aura reservation I believe that was changed in size was Purity of Elements, which was raised to 50%.

Indeed, I can't find it anywhere in the patch notes. It's weird, I could swear I saw something about Determination getting 35% somewhere...

Anyway, thanks for telling me :)

On this topic. The reason you got 35% is most likely from the aura/armor Cluster jewel that will give 50% increased mana reservation efficiency to Determination.
"
HatMatter wrote:
"
zcythustk wrote:
Looking from poe.ninja I've seen two main variants of the arakaali's fang guardian, namely, herald of purity and herald of agony, may I ask what's the different between them?

Having played (a variant of) the HoAg build and planning to play that one this league, here's my summary of HoAg vs. HoP builds: (if any expert has any more additions/clarifications, I'd appreciate that).

Similarities:

- both builds are mana guardians who stack up reserved mana, ES and Armour with the help of Radiant Faith, Memory Vault
- both builds have very similar defensis: loads of armour, 75% attack/spell block with Glancing blows and leverage the armour to get a lot of ES on block, CI, 10k Molten Shell
- both builds require the an amount of build enabling uniques (namely Memory Vault, Aegis Aurora, Skin of the Loyal/Lords, Synthesis Ring for Reservation - note that I do not count the fang to be build enabling, you'll just clear slower with a herald)
- both builds use a herald as main DPS, requiring you to enable it somehow by hitting mobs with an extra spell, which both benefit from gem levels and minion damage
- both builds are dealing mainly phys damage, getting some extra chaos damage from having spirit offering and withering touch on the spiders
- both builds have a minigame of "how do I reserve almost all of my mana and still am able to cast things" by reserving a 6L herald, Determination, Discipline (and whatever you want in addition)

Dissimilarities:
- HoAg needs some sustain of the Virulence (in particular if you want to keep it above 40), which works best with fast Ball Lightnings and Storm Brand, which makes 6L Elder Gloves a good gear choice. Cyclone is ok for cases where sustaining 35-40 Virulence is enough to kill mobs (in particular delve) - this is a huge playstyle difference
- HoP reuquires you to hit unique/rare monsters - cyclone is quite efficient here, but other skills are also possible
- HoAg gets a lot of power via cluster jewels which increase the max Virulence number
- HoAg can use sniper's Mark as a method to regain life flask charges during boss fights

Things which are not the same, but I think can be ported from one build to another:

- Shaper's Touch + Astramentis is a nice stat stacking package for either build on a budget (though not BIS for HoAg)
- Split Personality is great for stat stackers (all combinations of Int/Mana/ES/Armour do give a good bonus for this kind of build if you slot it near CI)
- at the cost of some of the stat stacking power, you could run Grace with Auls Necklace together with Iron Skin (from Skins of the Loyal) to further improve your Armour. This is done on some HoAg variants, but I believe this is not generally unfeasible for HoP either

Does the HoAg version differ significantly from the HoP version in terms of clear speed or single target? For example in this guide, it says that the build is suboptimal for blighted maps. And the HoAg guide says that version does pretty well in blighted maps.
Tree is out on POB Community... Time to think together guys !
Our radius jewels took a hit. Blue Nightmare can get an okay amount from the socket towards the scion side hitting the Sanctuary cluster, but it's down a significant amount. Easiest way to make up for the lost spellblock is the Arcane Guarding notable.

Worse is Healthy Mind. No longer reaches the Witch's life/mana, so it's probably worth looking at replacing that with a rare jewel (might still be good enough just hitting Cruel Preparation, but ehh).

Could possibly even be worth not heading into the Witch's area at all, pick up some other mana cluster(s) if possible. Just spitballing on that part, haven't even tried looking at how that would work out at all.

Also a thing to look in to: large Thread of Hope hitting Glancing Blows, Divine Shield and Sovereignty.
Last edited by Halinn on Oct 18, 2021, 9:42:23 PM
I added a temporary PoB with a possible passive tree and gem setup. It can be found in the "3.16 notes" section, along with comments on the changes.
On the updated PoB - you are using Herald of Ice as a substitute for tempest shield -> This results in incorrect mana reservation calculation as Herald of Ice is benefiting from Presage.

If you change to Arctic Armour, you end up with 0 mana.

Otherwise looks good. Got similar results.
The Memory Vault u are using in your POB also has a different Mod. It is 20% reduced reservation efficiency not -20%. We could fix this by using the Determination Mastery on one of the Armour nodes + annointing Charisma again instead of Soul of steel. Alternatively an lvl 3 enlighten instead of the Armour Determination Mastery. That Way we could still use another Mastery.
Last edited by L0r3nzo on Oct 19, 2021, 8:21:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info