[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
I too seem to have come unstuck with this build a little. I levelled as Dominating Blow and Herald of Purity and wanted to switch to something with CI and ran across this. I already had perfect mana reservation HoP rings, so barely cost anything to switch. The clear is great, but my single-target DPS is really lacking; I burned a Shaper set earlier just because I could not do enough DPS to even get through the first phase (though it was Maven-witnessed).

I've changed up some links to include some CwDTs, so I'd anticipate a small hit but it just seems really bad. Even if I fully level/quality my gems in PoB, I don't seem to get close to the numbers I'm seeing quoted in the thread. Is there anything obvious I've missed? PoB: https://pastebin.com/aWuCp9px

jewels are what really unleash this build. looking at your pob I was at the same spot a few days ago and really getting the cluster jewels is what makes the difference but it costs a few exalts to get there. check Zerber's build in last pages and get something similar. or check my build, its a bit more budget friendly (ignore the hubris it is not needed, no +3 chest, no insane rare gloves) https://pastebin.com/epUGSibA. everything besides the eternal hubris is around 50c-1ex per item.
Last edited by Sark0t on Feb 16, 2021, 1:42:38 PM
"
Malekai wrote:
Am i missing something here? Its a very solid build, but i dont understand the purpose of Summon holy relic, when it dies in less than 10 seconds in ANY combat in maps above yellow. This is with the Divergent Holy relic with max quality. It seems like these slots may have better use, or am i doing something wrong with keeping the relics alive?

it was the same for me. just remove the culling strike from cyclone and start using cast when stun with the relic.
"
Zerber wrote:
"
Sark0t wrote:

ps2: why take resolute technique?

I use those gloves its more ES and +2 duration gems buffs my offering/discipline/molten shell

I need resolute technique because I would have only 60% accuracy without the shaper gloves.

maybe noob POB question but where can you see the minion accuracy?
Hi there.

1st of all i'd like to say i am really enjoying this build.
For a long time i've been looking for good cyclone based build which would be enjoyable to play and i think i found it.So great job mate in creating and sharing this build. Finally i am happy with clearing speed and survivability of my character ( not even afraid of those nasty porcupines :P).
Jokes aside i am however having 2 issues i can't figure out myself.

1st. By following your build i have manage to get my sentinels to deal approx 800k damage max. How did u manage to make 1.7m+ ?? I can't seems to getting this high. What am i doing wrong.

2nd. My spell block chance is 62% when yours is 72%. Cant understand how?

Would you kindly help me out in here. Im posting my POB so you could have a look. Thank you kindly in advance. https://pastebin.com/cZBC4S6M
"
echevierra wrote:
get myself 4 node 160% minion dmg elegant hubris too.

How did you go about this in the end? Buy one and Divine spam? Buy a few until one works out and sell the others?

To validate, did you have to socket it in the tree or is there another way to see? Are there other things to check with these?

Sorry for the plethora of questions, never tried a timeless jewel before so no idea how to properly account for it.

EDIT #1:
"
Sark0t wrote:
maybe noob POB question but where can you see the minion accuracy?

FWIW I don't think either the Shapers Touch or the linked gloves would help with minion accuracy, they are more so that Fortify and Minion Summoning are reliable, from what I can tell.

EDIT #2:, one more question, since getting a +3 armor is way out of my budget, which is better for now:
1. 3R/2B/1G Loyal
2. 4R/2B Lords with Resolute Technique
3. 2R/2B/2G Loyal with +2 level of socketed gems?

I have all 3 for a relatively budget price, not sure which is best to stick with while I figure out how to get a +3 option. Will + level to gems always beat Skin of the Lords? The latter gives me the option to get more minion damage (save 2 skill points to put towards minion damage instead or change gloves to ones with minion damage, for example).
Last edited by King_Haart on Feb 16, 2021, 6:29:59 PM
"
Veni1979MC wrote:
Hi there.

1st of all i'd like to say i am really enjoying this build.
For a long time i've been looking for good cyclone based build which would be enjoyable to play and i think i found it.So great job mate in creating and sharing this build. Finally i am happy with clearing speed and survivability of my character ( not even afraid of those nasty porcupines :P).
Jokes aside i am however having 2 issues i can't figure out myself.

1st. By following your build i have manage to get my sentinels to deal approx 800k damage max. How did u manage to make 1.7m+ ?? I can't seems to getting this high. What am i doing wrong.

2nd. My spell block chance is 62% when yours is 72%. Cant understand how?

Would you kindly help me out in here. Im posting my POB so you could have a look. Thank you kindly in advance. https://pastebin.com/cZBC4S6M

i saw your pob and i'm guessing you're more on following noice build. Here's a head up how he did it. 80~160% minion damage elegant hubris and for spell block, corrupted aegis (+4% spell block, +8% with glancing blows). Also your pob is not configured yet, i configured with right setup, with initial pride effect your HoP dps is 900k and max effect is 1.1m, i personally would be happy with this :D but idk if you're ok with 6,4k ES + 45k Armour cuz i don't, 55k armor + 7k+ ES should be gucchi.

"
King_Haart wrote:
"
echevierra wrote:
get myself 4 node 160% minion dmg elegant hubris too.

How did you go about this in the end? Buy one and Divine spam? Buy a few until one works out and sell the others?

To validate, did you have to socket it in the tree or is there another way to see? Are there other things to check with these?

Sorry for the plethora of questions, never tried a timeless jewel before so no idea how to properly account for it.

For timeless jewels there are several ways to get what you want:
1. yes, buy one and divine spam, hope get lucky but can get costly af (maybe more expensive than straight buy guaranteed one)
2. yes, buy multiple random elegant hubris and sometimes if you're lucky you can get the right one with less than exalt. Just a tip you should expect the node will be trash when the one sell it is using similar build (E.G, necro/elementalist/guardian minion, etc)
3. buy confirmed one from seller that tell you which node it gives and where to put, ideally for this build you want to put elegant hubris near pain atonement and at best get 160% for 4 node, 1 node for 80% is decent enough since i'm pretty much getting tight on skill-point just to utilize elegant hubris.

i personally would do no.3 if you get money, but usually getting to know the right #number that guarantee minion damage elegant hubris @ pain atonement and snipe trade (people that sell this for less than exalt) is the second easiest method.

edit: yes, you need to socket it in tree to see the changed node, if its bad = instant resell/divine. As i said, since ideally we want to put elegant hubris in socket near pain atonement, this is more RNG than other build that can put it in other jewel socket. If you can somehow solve it by putting it on another jewel socket then why not? less RNG :D

"
King_Haart wrote:
EDIT #2:, one more question, since getting a +3 armor is way out of my budget, which is better for now:
1. 3R/2B/1G Loyal
2. 4R/2B Lords with Resolute Technique
3. 2R/2B/2G Loyal with +2 level of socketed gems?

I have all 3 for a relatively budget price, not sure which is best to stick with while I figure out how to get a +3 option. Will + level to gems always beat Skin of the Lords? The latter gives me the option to get more minion damage (save 2 skill points to put towards minion damage instead or change gloves to ones with minion damage, for example).

i would personally go for 4R/2B and go vatinas original while you farm so you can afford more expensive one. Imo i don't think there's another green support gems that can do more dmg than red one even with extra gems level and in case you want to go impale, best paired with dread banner otherwise pretty low dps boost.
Last edited by echevierra on Feb 16, 2021, 9:16:25 PM
Hi there how do you use all the auras, I can use Herald of purity 5 link and the other auras but when I put empower lvl 4 on the sixth link it becomes 0 and I cant use clarity aswell.

I got both the reserve mana reduction nodes on tree and the herald reservation nodes with perfect rolled mana reservation on the guilty rings. im lvl 78 atm.
"
Frostlord10 wrote:
Hi there how do you use all the auras, I can use Herald of purity 5 link and the other auras but when I put empower lvl 4 on the sixth link it becomes 0 and I cant use clarity aswell.

I got both the reserve mana reduction nodes on tree and the herald reservation nodes with perfect rolled mana reservation on the guilty rings. im lvl 78 atm.

I looked at your build and you need to switch out melee phys in your HoP setup with ruthless because it has a less mana multiplier.
If you want to run a higher dps gem setup + another small aura like a banner you need to annoint charisma on your amulet.

"
For timeless jewels there are several ways to get what you want:

So im kinda collecting 160% minion damage Timeless Jewels:

Gem socket left of the witch start:
85900 Coins gives 160% for 4 points. (This one is really good because one of the pathing nodes is the small mana/life nodes that gets converted to mana with healthy mind so you could argue it only costs 3 points.

Gem socket right of the witch start:
27400 Coins gives 160% for 4 points.
84820 Coins gives 160% for 5 points.

Im constantly spamming divines on those jewels cause I want to find one with 240% for 7 points. Im like 70 divines deep... should be really hard to get.
Last edited by Zerber on Feb 17, 2021, 3:50:23 AM
I decided to record a fight against Sirus A7 to show how easy (not fast) the fight is. This is my third kill with this build, i'm more a casual player, so kill or progress speed is secondary to me.
Anyway here is the yt-link: Sirus Awaken 7
can some one please tale a look at my character. do I missing anything I got most of the main gears for the build but my ES and my armor is pretty low and very easy to die suddenly

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info