[3.24] Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - Fast, fun to play

"
Zac89 wrote:
Edit: Updated Quiver. Yeah though, boss dps doesn't feel the greatest. May look into applying wither with blast rain.
Spoiler

Working on getting new quiver, once I sell old body armour. Anyone know how I can get my dps higher? Once I've gotten enough levels, I'll be removing the thread of hope and just get the nodes outright. Wondering if I should make some swaps and get another HoA ring. Wave 20 kosis was unkillable for me. Didn't see what the mods were though.

https://pastebin.com/dzQpsVs2

Can you help me understand why you would use precision when you use Coralito's Signature flask? Wouldn't the flask effect saying "crit strikes don't deal extra damage during flask effect" negate the "increased crit chance" of precision?
Could one use Maloney's with Frenzy socketed instead of trying to craft a frenzy quiver?
"
Deg916 wrote:

Can you help me understand why you would use precision when you use Coralito's Signature flask? Wouldn't the flask effect saying "crit strikes don't deal extra damage during flask effect" negate the "increased crit chance" of precision?

You need Precision to get to 100% hit chance generally.
"
Throttlezz wrote:
Could one use Maloney's with Frenzy socketed instead of trying to craft a frenzy quiver?

Yes, but that is much worse than simply having frenzy quiver.
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
For those having difficulty crafting the quiver using the fossil method, there is a faster and easier option: Use an Awakener's orb. Buy the two bases that you need (Elder with frenzy and Hunter with T1 chaos DOT). Make sure those are the only elder and hunter mods on the quivers. Then use the Awakener's orb to create a new quiver with both the frenzy and chaos dot mods. The rest of the mods on the quiver will reroll, so you might not get an amazing quiver, but I ended up with better results than my fossil crafts every time.

I crafted three of these this league and it was easy to sell the ones I didn't use for a profit (one sold for 20ex). The bases were very cheap. Awakener's orbs are expensive right now (~400c), but if you just want to get those two mods this is a safe and easy method. It does give you a big DPS boost if you don't want to run blood rage.

I ended up finding one on trade that better fit my build for around 3ex, but they are few and far between:

Last edited by Sabbea on Apr 17, 2020, 9:16:42 AM
I had a nicely rolled Dendrobate drop earlier in the league that I am trying out.

I am still leveling right now, level 72, but I have a question on the gem setup for SA.

The recommended set up is:

Scourge Arrow, Added Chaos Damage, Unbound Ailments, Deadly Ailments, Mirage Archer, Infused Channeling

In playing around with POB last night, I saw that Vile Toxins was giving me a much higher DPS than Added Chaos damage.

Is there a reason I am missing beyond just DPS why Added Chaos is better than Vile Toxins?

Here is my POB setup, in case I made a mistake:

https://pastebin.com/2VxxRJM1
My first small upgrade will be getting a corrupted Embalmer with Despair on hit. Those look affordable.

What should I look to put in place of Despair in the gem set up? I am using a curse on hit set up that I only use on bosses that I think can be replaced once I get the corrupted gloves.
"
My first small upgrade will be getting a corrupted Embalmer with Despair on hit. Those look affordable.

What should I look to put in place of Despair in the gem set up? I am using a curse on hit set up that I only use on bosses that I think can be replaced once I get the corrupted gloves.

Side note, temporal chains is also a dps boost and a lot cheaper. You also get the added benefit of slowing mobs down. If you wear your despair gloves during boss fight, you're just going to be replacing the higher lvl one with the lower level one, every time you hit it. If you don't use the gloves on bosses, higher lvl despair is better.
Great build but now i'm done, selling my gear for 60 ex, do look at the megalomaniac too

I hope it is ok to write a little bit of a review to this build and guide. I started playing POE in rampage league, played a few but not too many bow builds. Never played a poison build before.

The facit first: This build is very much recommendable and hell, it is a lot of fun to play! It might not be the strongest build possible in any regard, but what makes this build very well is the fact that it is good to very good in every situation.

League start:

It is absolutely viable as a league starter (I used it to start Dilirium and sticked to it) as the core setup is pretty cheap, 10c for a Tabula, a Lioneye's Glare that just need a couple of sockets, not being linked and some links for wither totem and you are ready to go.

Transition into midgame:

As the guide states, the spore pot helmet makes a lot of a difference. While it is tricky to get one with the -chaos res mod, one without it and some life and res is pretty cheap, The Embalmber with the correption can be hard to get within the first week, should be a priority as it brings a lot of quality of life and cursing everything is just a big boost of dps against mobs.

Late game content:

As many people mentioned boss dps could be better. However there are a couple of options: The helmet mentioned above, Dark Scorn, replacing The Embalmer (probably Fenumus Weave) at least for boss fights with some way of applying lvl 20 dispair (either frenzy + gmp + curse on hit + dispair in bow or Impresence + awakened blasphemy + lvl 20 dispair + enfeeble/tempchain) and read the last update of the thread opener regarding cluster jewels. Of course the next and maybe last option will be the Watcher's Eye with malevolance, this is where my street heads to at the moment. Regarding boss dps and the fact that you will burn a lot of exalts to get it really hight I would still not rate this guide too bad in this regard because I think most builds that are not really boss killer builds struggle here unless you are willing to spend a lot of currency.

Breakdown:

Fun: 9/10

Not gonna lie. Poison prof in conjunction with SA and plague bearer melts down mobs. Just really satisfying to play. The guide stated that relying on dot it can happen that we get severe hits and die from time to time, this can be a little bit frustrating, so one point subtracted. Still, awesome to play.

Kill speed: 10/10

Not much to say here, pathfinder, I think I played more maps in this league than in any other before, thanks to poison prof I bearly miss something. The build also fits extremly well into the concept of Delirium, who needs the orbs? Our biggest problem is to not outrun the circle (yeah, you can do that).

Boss dps: 7/10

As mentioned before: Not the best, still pretty much ok. Not being at the end of the road I managed to kill Sirus A8 (even if I absolutely hate that boss) in acceptable time.

Survivability: 7/10

Somewhere you have to accept some downside. There is a reason why the build shows a lvl 100 character in path of building. For me being lvl 94 I skipped a few life nodes because removing the chaos dmg nodes make me die even more times than lacking 600 hp. This is pretty much a personal thing, for me the only defense mechanism in this game worth mentioning is the revive button anyway. But yeah, that's the downside of a dot build.

Cost efficiency: 9/10

As mentioned before, to get the boss dps up it gets expensive, yes. But this is not unique for this build. The overall cost efficiency is great, you will always find something to improve that is affordable and I like to have far shot goals as well.

Build guide: 10/10

Not much unnecessary information, precise, gives a lot of options (I agree to remove the other paths, that was too much and the one left over was the best anyway) and what I liked the most: The section how to craft your own gear. That's actually why I picked the guide, I love reasonable crafting. Just well done! Could be my strategy in the next league as well, playing a build twice is something I don't do without a very good reason.

Overall: 9/10

Go for it, enjoy it, scourge arrow pathfinder with plague bearer and poison prof is great and a lot of fun. As mentioned in the beginning there is almost no situation where this build is really bad. Maybe if some metamorph is partly stuck in a wall then it is hard to get some poison stacks on it, this happened to me one time this league. It is well balanced and very stong overall.
Last edited by plieschn on Apr 18, 2020, 1:35:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info