[3.24] Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - Fast, fun to play

"
Xelzach wrote:
I am leveling this build right now and i like it a lot but i see differnt people are having totaly different experience with it, one says "i melt down metamorph", other says "I cant do enough boss damage", what now :) ? I would like to do also bosses with this build,is that possible?

markuskanada has made a valid point already. A lot of people complaining are missing some key pieces and its one of those builds were its not about 1 or 3 amazing components that make it work but rather a fully rounded build where levels, equipment and skill-usage compliment each other and have multiplicative benefits.

The build is easily strong enough to do all bosses in the game. There's a learning curve though since there's a bit of ramp-up involved with poison builds. To get your full damage rolling this build has quite a view conditions (wither stacked/stacking, despair on enemy, plaguebearer and coralitos active while full channeling) and theres a huge difference between an Awaker/UE where you manage to hit/create windows to do so vs. just running around and letting mirage archer do the job.

Same is true for metamorphs - if you start them with a stacked plaguebearer, wither and flask they will start melting aber 3 seconds (as long as you're geared enough for the content you're playing). If not you might have to kite for thirty seconds and wait for the first wave of ads to get your damage rolling.

All in all its been my favorite build in the last few leagues - despite the heavy buffs to map and endgame bosses. CoC Ice Nova Assassin had slighty better single-target damage but worse clear, winter orb in synthesis was comparable in clearspeed, Ice-Scourge Arrow Raider had as much damage/speed but was much squishier. But none of those was as well rounded for all content though.
Last edited by Cottonz on Jan 15, 2020, 12:14:49 PM
hey guys i loaded this build to PoB but where i can see bandit choices?
i see dropdown menu where just all buffs from them listed
"
QuadroTony wrote:
hey guys i loaded this build to PoB but where i can see bandit choices?
i see dropdown menu where just all buffs from them listed

2 Points

btw... i have 2 Quiver now.. wich one is better?

Last edited by DuschtGernNackt on Jan 15, 2020, 12:56:25 PM
why 2 pointsa better?
"
QuadroTony wrote:
why 2 pointsa better?

because its not the best crit build of the world. You have a crit chance by arround 13-20% and a Crit Multi by arround 150-250%
Thats not the best crit stats so the investment of 2 points gives you more then alira wich some crit multi and resistance ( IN MY OPINION :)
Gear finished, just need to get Fenumus Weave with +2 to aura/aoe gems and then I don't think I'll be able to reasonably improve gear anymore (without spending hundreds of ex).

Spoiler

I upgraded to a 6 link Darkscorn to be able to fit Empower + Enhance to my Despair/Blasphemy setup. As a result, despair gem is now level 25 and I can clearly feel the difference from a level 20 one. I had to sacrifice Increased Area of effect support but since my plague bearer also gets the +3 from empower it's not a big deal.

Final POB Shaper DPS is 4.65M.

Every thing gets absolutely destroyed, map clearing is insane, Shaper/Elder are a joke, Sirus 8 isn't a problem anymore, fantastic build. Thanks a lot for the guide, it's a blast !
Last edited by Papr1kaa on Jan 15, 2020, 1:52:08 PM
"
Papr1kaa wrote:
Gear finished, just need to get Fenumus Weave with +2 to aura/aoe gems and then I don't think I'll be able to reasonably improve gear anymore (without spending hundreds of ex).

Spoiler

I upgraded to a 6 link Darkscorn to be able to fit Empower + Enhance to my Despair/Blasphemy setup. As a result, despair gem is now level 25 and I can clearly feel the difference from a level 20 one. I had to sacrifice Increased Area of effect support but since my plague bearer also gets the +3 from empower it's not a big deal.

Every thing gets absolutely destroyed, map clearing is insane, Shaper/Elder are a joke, Sirus 8 isn't a problem anymore, fantastic build. Thanks a lot for the guide, it's a blast !

Commenting particularly on "Final POB Shaper DPS is 4.65M.":

A) Is it only the thorn arrows or also including addition for Mirage Archer?

B) I'm a bit surprised, as your gear and particularly your gem setup looks superior to my own, but I'm at 5.2M Shaper DPS even without frenzy charges (only for the thorn arrows), 6.1M Shaper DPS once I take care of the latter (3 charges), and still without a Watcher's Eye. So either

- I have messed up my PoB, or
- my somewhat unconventional tree or makes a difference (Thread of Hope), or
- my strong Nostalgia implicits are contributing (also a better HoA buff effect increase explicit roll).

Would be interesting to compare more in detail and join the strong points of our two approaches for min-maxing (I really like your idea of 6L despair/blasphemy with high quality). The only other thing I see is that my jewels allow for a lower-res belt for me, in turn allowing including an increased chaos damage roll on the belt.

PoB pastebin link for my current build in case you are interested (note that I've had to tweak my PoB tree and Thread of Hope jewel to take into account passives reached from the latter - PoB is yet to support its "ring jumps").
Last edited by artradis on Jan 15, 2020, 4:37:24 PM
"
Papr1kaa wrote:

Spoiler

Insane setup dude! Kudos. I'm especially jealous that you're able to equip those 2 rings + amulet without losing your elemental resists. When I grow up I want to have a setup like yours :P
I was wondering what I should do with the extra open socket?

Also, I got some The Embalmers with Despair on Hit so what would be a good replacement for Despair gem?
"
artradis wrote:
"
Papr1kaa wrote:

Spoiler

Commenting particularly on "Final POB Shaper DPS is 4.65M.":

A) Is it only the thorn arrows or also including addition for Mirage Archer?

B) I'm a bit surprised, as your gear and particularly your gem setup looks superior to my own, but I'm at 5.2M Shaper DPS even without frenzy charges (only for the thorn arrows), 6.1M Shaper DPS once I take care of the latter (3 charges), and still without a Watcher's Eye. So either

- I have messed up my PoB, or
- my somewhat unconventional tree or makes a difference (Thread of Hope), or
- my strong Nostalgia implicits are contributing (also a better HoA buff effect increase explicit roll).

Would be interesting to compare more in detail and join the strong points of our two approaches for min-maxing (I really like your idea of 6L despair/blasphemy with high quality). The only other thing I see is that my jewels allow for a lower-res belt for me, in turn allowing including an increased chaos damage roll on the belt.

PoB pastebin link for my current build in case you are interested (note that I've had to tweak my PoB tree and Thread of Hope jewel to take into account passives reached from the latter - PoB is yet to support its "ring jumps").

First I have to correct my DPS figure, turns out I forgot about my Glorious vanity but still even after adding it my DPS only went up to 4.85M, started fiddling around with your items, adding them to my build and seeing the increase in DPS:

- Biggest DPS increase for me was equipping your quiver (Drillneck), it resulted in +270k DPS (5.6%) which put me at 5.12m, or roughly your figure
- For rings, your 3 implicit one also boosts dps similarly to the quiver (+5.6%)
- Belt wasn't such a big increase, +130k dps (2.7%)
- I only have 98% chance to hit, with 100% it was a net +100k (4.95M total)

With your quiver and two rings, DPS went up to 5.61M total and that's WITH frenzy charges.

My conclusion is that your gear is better than mine, also credit to your Thread of hope setup those +3 jewel sockets probably make a difference, I might try that out too! Only question I have is how do you generate frenzy charges ? Do you swap between Drillneck and Maloney's during fights ? Or do you just always keep Maloney's ?

All in all you have a very nice build! I thought my rings were good, turns out yours are insane! I should probably spend a few divines there or try to find better implicits. Here is my PoB (Pastebin) if you want to check it out and compare with yours to check if I've missed something.

"
Heysatan wrote:
"
Papr1kaa wrote:

Spoiler

Insane setup dude! Kudos. I'm especially jealous that you're able to equip those 2 rings + amulet without losing your elemental resists. When I grow up I want to have a setup like yours :P

Thanks! I'm quite happy about it too, I'm a fairly new player so I'm glad I got to this point. As you can see though there seems to still be room for improvement (which is also why PoE is so much fun I guess :p)
Last edited by Papr1kaa on Jan 15, 2020, 6:59:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info