[3.24] Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - Fast, fun to play

what can i do best on my set?
I'm trying to craft my frenzy quiver.
This hard to get frenzy + good life.
Quick update on gear progress:

I picked up a malevolence watchers eye and a corrupting blood jewel to get a curse immune quartz flask. Grabbed an awakened added chaos for leveling.
Maloney's is amazing for charges on bosses and cull - very hard to beat.

Currently about 4mill poison dps :)

Any suggestions appreciated.
Miss my old buddies, but life be life sometimes.
Not sure how to transition from starter gear to work on end game gear. Only put about 25c into current gear. Thinking Devotos helm and stats on my body would be good. Not sure other than that. I've got almost 2 ex saved up rn.

Last edited by Trapsin on Jan 2, 2020, 7:02:09 PM
"
kcomeby wrote:
"
artradis wrote:
"
kcomeby wrote:
[..]

I mean if this is a glass cannon build why do we even bother with Darkscorn? Because it doesn't even help.

Have you capped your chaos resistance? I'm way tankier after I got Darkscorn and Divine Flesh.

Yeah, I have. Problem is it is almost impossible to say if you are tankier or no because of the random modifiers on maps. In the end if you still get one shotted, you are not tanky enough. Because only thing bad about dying for me is losing XP, if I'm going to lose XP anyways why bother with being tankier? I can die, respawn and kill stuff faster with my other bow.

In my experience this is anything but a glass cannon build, and I have been very rarely dying myself since I got darkscorn/divine flesh. I just had a look at your character in PoB though, and it looks a bit focused on damage at the cost of defense (so arguably a more glassy approach).

Possibly consider one or all of the following:
- [Damage/one-shot mitigation] Using an amulet annointment that is defensive-based rather than offensive-base. I use hardened scars myself (see my post above for details).
- [Evading the one-shots] If you use a jade flask, use one of reflexes (increased evasion) rather than of adrenaline (movement speed).
- [Evading the one-shots] Consider replacing your life flask with forbidden taste for an additional 10% dodge; this might require a cannot be inflicted with corrupted blood jewel corruption to work smoothly though.
- [General survivability] Wont help against one-shots, but consider getting a 3% life cinderswallow urn instead of your atziri's.
- [General survivability] Also, you do not seem to be using blood rage?

We are both at the same level (and have similarly kind of low health, 5.3k-5.5k is a bit low), whereas I experience this as a very high survivability (and damage) build, so maybe you can compare with my flask/gear/jewel/skill tree setups.
Last edited by artradis on Jan 2, 2020, 7:27:24 PM
Hello, loving the build, couple questions.

-Should I be trying to craft the quiver on a broadhead arrow hunter base? Or will that be too hard?

- I have seen players using spike point arrow quiver- any ideas why?

- Consensus over ballista's vs withering totem?

- How to use withering step? Just pop it next to boss so they get the 6 wither debuff?

Cheers.
Last edited by lesgrossman on Jan 2, 2020, 9:49:11 PM
"
artradis wrote:

In my experience this is anything but a glass cannon build, and I have been very rarely dying myself since I got darkscorn/divine flesh. I just had a look at your character in PoB though, and it looks a bit focused on damage at the cost of defense (so arguably a more glassy approach).

Possibly consider one or all of the following:
- [Damage/one-shot mitigation] Using an amulet annointment that is defensive-based rather than offensive-base. I use hardened scars myself (see my post above for details).
- [Evading the one-shots] If you use a jade flask, use one of reflexes (increased evasion) rather than of adrenaline (movement speed).
- [Evading the one-shots] Consider replacing your life flask with forbidden taste for an additional 10% dodge; this might require a cannot be inflicted with corrupted blood jewel corruption to work smoothly though.
- [General survivability] Wont help against one-shots, but consider getting a 3% life cinderswallow urn instead of your atziri's.
- [General survivability] Also, you do not seem to be using blood rage?

We are both at the same level (and have similarly kind of low health, 5.3k-5.5k is a bit low), whereas I experience this as a very high survivability (and damage) build, so maybe you can compare with my flask/gear/jewel/skill tree setups.

Hey, thanks.

I will use the Dirty Techniques annointment and that way I will be able to free 3 passive points, I will put those in defensive stuff, especially life. I'm just trying to find a good amulet because it costs like 50c to annoint it.

About jade flask, I didn't know that could roll, I will buy one now. Though I was using it to move fast in maps, maybe I will get another flask for it. I'm using a %40 damage increase flask I found but I'm not sure if that's a good idea.

I don't use blood rage yeah, I don't have a problem with sustain, I just get one shotted, blood rage won't help that I guess, if I'm not missing anything.
I got a question, on circle of nostalgia, instead of increased buff effect, wouldn't chaos resistance would be better? I mean it gives like %40 chaos resistance and that would allow us to buy another item without chaos resistance. For example I'm using 2 of my crafted stuff on chaos resistance for %30 chaos.

Any ideas?
"
lesgrossman wrote:
Hello, loving the build, couple questions.

-Should I be trying to craft the quiver on a broadhead arrow hunter base? Or will that be too hard?

- I have seen players using spike point arrow quiver- any ideas why?

- Consensus over ballista's vs withering totem?

- How to use withering step? Just pop it next to boss so they get the 6 wither debuff?

Cheers.

1. Broadhead Arrow Quiver with Hunter influence is the ideal base to craft with because you can get powerful hunter mods like +1% to maximum Chaos Resistance or #% to Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier. The downside is that you'll dilute the pool with extra mods if you're solely aiming for the frenzy charge mod.

2. If you crit you'll do 1.5x poison base damage but for this build our crit is too low to make a difference that the base damage from Broadhead Arrow Quiver is more optimal. Personally, I use Fire Arrow Quiver as a source of ignite for my Cinderswallow Urn.

3. I've tried Siege Ballista and Ballista Totem + SA in 6L setups and in Embalmers Gloves. With 6L, You can get up to 1mil poison total poison DPS on POB per ballista, however there are some issues: a) They die too fast with 3k~ hp which will feel like you're placing more totems than shooting your SA, b) 25% chance to Wither on hit isn't very reliable.

I use Wither totems linked with Faster Casting and Multiple Totems. One cast places two totems and they reach 15 stacks very quickly. At 7 Withered Stacks (from Withering Step), I lose 700k dps compared to if there was 15 Withered Stacks. I believe that it's more effective to multiply your own damage than to have additional dps but ultimately it's personal preference.

4. Yes, you'll see a green ring around you when you activate Withering Step and when an enemy is inside they ring they'll turn green which will indicate that you've successfully applied Withered.
Last edited by ryiochi on Jan 7, 2020, 4:06:47 PM

which one should I use? The base elder has no prefix to deal overtime damage, but has +1 level socketed gems
i have darkscorn and everything but my poison dps is about 400 000. what am i doing wrong?

https://pob.party/share/aresekikoyousa

and another question: where do i get divine flesh?

thanks for help!
Last edited by IkaPic on Jan 3, 2020, 5:46:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info