(Retired Thread) Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems

"
AgumoPL wrote:
Increased effect of curses give us extra dps?

Yes it will do providing you are using either Frostbite or Projectile Weakness. It's probably not worth heavily investing into curse effect though as it's likely that there will be more efficient nodes to boost damage.
"
Dmillz wrote:
"
grishak1 wrote:
Doing good time with this setup, congartz. I'm kinda lazy and wanted to see how I'll do with ancestral bond as soon as possible. FP totems are kinda shit in boss fights until you get your second lab and two first snows but I just finished a no preparation whatsoever run to blood aqueduct and got there in 4.5h which kinda surprised me. That's not too bad and definitely an option too. But i'm curious about your OoS setup and think will try it to compare.

Wow that's a pretty good time tbh. I doubt I would make that time going totems right off the start haha. I look forward to hearing how you think the OoS/Wave setup feels in comparison!

Edit: Threw up a quick video of clearspeed + A5 Kitava kill so people can see what it looks like.

Finally got time to do the run. It's definitely better, no wonder it's used by racers. Did a little worse than you, 35lvl Malach kill in 1.45h, but still better by far than on my totem run (I think I was at 2.30h at around this time). Next time should be better as I know the ropes of it now and hopefully I get move speed boots faster than on this one :P.
Last edited by grishak1 on Sep 5, 2019, 3:14:11 AM
"
grishak1 wrote:
"
Dmillz wrote:
"
grishak1 wrote:
Doing good time with this setup, congartz. I'm kinda lazy and wanted to see how I'll do with ancestral bond as soon as possible. FP totems are kinda shit in boss fights until you get your second lab and two first snows but I just finished a no preparation whatsoever run to blood aqueduct and got there in 4.5h which kinda surprised me. That's not too bad and definitely an option too. But i'm curious about your OoS setup and think will try it to compare.

Wow that's a pretty good time tbh. I doubt I would make that time going totems right off the start haha. I look forward to hearing how you think the OoS/Wave setup feels in comparison!

Edit: Threw up a quick video of clearspeed + A5 Kitava kill so people can see what it looks like.

Finally got time to do the run. It's definitely better, no wonder it's used by racers. Did a little worse than you, 35lvl Malach kill in 1.45h, but still better by far than on my totem run (I think I was at 2.30h at around this time). Next time should be better as I know the ropes of it now and hopefully I get move speed boots faster than on this one :P.

I'm testing the OOS/Wave/etc build out too for time. Any chance you can shed more light onto it? Are you both just switching in act 5 over to totems/bond?
Anyone tried this on HC? How durable is it?
"
grishak1 wrote:

Ugh I feel you, I think I was mid 20s before I got my first movespeed boots that run. I'm hoping for good RNG for us tomorrow!

"
illuminate89 wrote:
I'm testing the OOS/Wave/etc build out too for time. Any chance you can shed more light onto it? Are you both just switching in act 5 over to totems/bond?

Way back on page 33 I posted a guide. You'll want to power through Cruel Lab before switching. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2547296/page/33

"
4nthraxx wrote:
Anyone tried this on HC? How durable is it?

This question has been asked every 2-3 pages in here. It's very durable, OP only died 3 times on the way to 100 on SC. Definitely HC viable.

@Wallach, small nitpick in the new Oils section, Frenzy charges give 4% increased cast speed, not more.
IGN: Dmillz
Last edited by Dmillz on Sep 5, 2019, 10:27:03 AM
Isn't it better to level this as holy flame totems? Especially if you go league start, you will not have first snow jewel until a5. This skill seems quite a bit stronger, especially vs single target, and thats exactly where freezing pulse is lacking initially.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was better route until quite late, swapping to freezing pulse once you have like at least 4l soul mantle, rings, and unique jewels.
Last edited by aerial on Sep 5, 2019, 11:12:31 AM
In regarding the word count limit: Just move the whole Act 1-10 Leveling Section into a second post. Only very new players will need that anyways, so they can scroll down and read it there, while expercienced players can read the actual build stuff in the mainpost.
Loved this build last league and am going to league start with it tomorrow. Solid build at all stages of the game and really well done guide Wallach. Appreciate you taking the time to update for 3.8 already.

"
Isn't it better to level this as holy flame totems?

You can definitely go that route. I think freezing pulse is fine even without good gear, but may end up doing something similar.

"
In regarding the word count limit: Just move the whole Act 1-10 Leveling Section into a second post.

If you plan to keep this guide updated for a few more leagues you may just want to start a whole new thread and reserve the first 3-4 posts so that you have room to grow for future purposes. I feel like most things can get overwritten each league, but a change log is really nice to answer questions league to league.
"
jddc78 wrote:
You can definitely go that route. I think freezing pulse is fine even without good gear, but may end up doing something similar.

I tried both, and without any uniques, it is night and day, flame totems feel much stronger during leveling.
"
aerial wrote:
I tried both, and without any uniques, it is night and day, flame totems feel much stronger during leveling.

Way back on page 33 I posted a guide on speed leveling. You'll want to power through Cruel Lab before switching. OoS + Wave of Conviction is significantly faster than any totem setup. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2547296/page/33
IGN: Dmillz
Last edited by Dmillz on Sep 5, 2019, 1:20:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info