[3.9] Nickonasty's Modular CoCpri Ice Nova Assassin - Shaper/UElder Viable

"
Iceblaze23 wrote:
Is this a build I can easily switch to from my current setup (https://pastebin.com/g6NhtXwu)? I'm pretty interested in the way that you have your build set up. For reference, my max budget is around 3-4 exalts.

Hi you could definitely pull it off with that much currency!

I did some work with another user yesterday on improving some of his gear and he's kindly posted his summary earlier in the thread be sure to take a look at that! Here's his PoB, I modified it a bit by making his gems LVL20, and his stats are pretty disgusting: https://pastebin.com/vfim0ZJW

I'd be happy to help you fill out the rest of your gear, but it will have to wait a few hours as I'm going to turn in for the night soon.

"
clintmega wrote:
Jesus Christ this guide is comprehensive, thanks for putting the effort in! I cleared shaper with basic gear yesterday and I’ve been looking at ways to increase the survivability, this gives me a ton of options. I am hesitant to swap out herald of ice but what you mentioned about the cheaper watcher’s eye really makes sense.

Thank you!

PS light of lunaris is so damn good with arcane swiftness, I had forgotten about this interaction.

Light of Lunaris certainly works very well with the extra block chance and spell damage you get. You could still use a Hatred/Zealotry Watcher's Eye and only swap to Zealotry when you're running a boss. I've found the clear doesn't suffer as much from the loss of HoI explosions due to Ice Nova's already massive AoE from all the increased area of effect picked up on the tree and my stubbornness not to use Concentrated Effect.

"
Khanye614 wrote:

What level would you swap to this build? at 46 without the items/stats it just doesnt proc enough imo. wondering if cast while channeling would be better until a higher level and gear. Or just use different gems for dmg and swapping to this once I have the items and tree filled out more.
Normal mobs it mows down fine..its the yellow mobs and bosses that I just dont have the dmg/leech yet

I've linked some of the gear I used for leveling when I swapped to CoC from Storm Burst.

Leveling Gear

You can fill your resists and get some flat life from your other ring slot. This setup lasted me through all of story and into some early mapping while I sorted out my gear.

Make sure you have Cruel Lab and a Diamond Flask before you swap over to CoC though.

Your tree should look like this. We skip the Spell Critical Multiplier nodes and Heartseeker because it's useless going over 300% Multi with Maligaro's equipped, this lets us emphasize life and other utility while we level and increase our survivability.

For links run:
6L: Cyclone - Inc Crits - Cast on Crit - Frostbolt - Ice Nova - Life Leech
4L: Lightning Spire Trap - Added Lightning - Advanced Traps - Trap and Mine Damage

At this point you can run Hatred/HoI or HoI/HoT if you want to scale your Lightning Spire Trap.

To be honest, once I set up my 6L CoC I never used Lightning Spire Trap because I shredded literally everything but you can use it as an insurance policy.
noot noot
Last edited by Ralign on Jun 20, 2019, 11:52:04 AM
I found it pretty easy to level with Storm Brand + Lightning Spire Trap until blood aqueducts.
Super newb question, but I can't figure it out. How are you generating frenzy charges?
IGN: Flickinboogers
"
skuterpie wrote:
Super newb question, but I can't figure it out. How are you generating frenzy charges?

I snagged this for 30c when I decided to design the build.

noot noot
Last edited by Ralign on Jun 20, 2019, 4:04:29 PM
how should i go about crafting the vaal regalia?
"
Iceblaze23 wrote:
how should i go about crafting the vaal regalia?

So if you have a 6L regular vaal regalia:

Use a Pristine fossil. If you need a specific resistance on your chest to fill out the rest, use that element's fossil (Metallic for Lightning, Frigid for Cold, Scorched for Fire) as well. You can also use a Sanctified Fossil to try for higher tier mods in fewer attempts.

Chaotic Resonator spam the chest until you get a high flat Life + the Subterranean flat Life/% increased Max Life hybrid and your desired resistances.

Hopefully if you hold ALT on the piece you have an empty prefix. If you do have an empty prefix craft Gain (9-10%) of maximum Life as extra maximum Energy Shield.

Then you're done!

If you're crafting a 6L elder vaal regalia:

Alt spam until you hit T1 Life or Attacks have +X to Critical Strike Chance.

Aug when applicable then regal if you get a good on the aug. When you have desired mods, multimod and craft %life/%mana and Gain (9-10%) of maximum Life as extra maximum Energy Shield.
noot noot
Last edited by Ralign on Jun 20, 2019, 4:43:39 PM
how do you get the life as extra max energy shield mod? i'm assuming it's a veiled mod? i have a somewhat decent vaal regalia 6l now and turns out i dont have that craft.
Hey, So I've been looking for a Vaal Ice Nova build for general mapping + legion encounters (currently toxic rain, not bad but not great at clearing the full encounter) but it's been a right pain finding one I feel like trying given the variety in play styles + ascendencies and most builds are out of date.

I figure I'd also want to try out a CoC build at some point and before I start sinking currency into a build like this,I was wondering does the Vaal Ice Nova in the chest setup feel like it clears out most legion monoliths pretty well even without a full damage setup? I can live with it freeing everything but the rares since it's easy enough to just go round and focus them off.
Took me a while to 6L the chest but im pretty happy with the result since I got those 3 mods with only 5 chaos spam and 1 annul, now time to divine it

"
Carrmatt93 wrote:
Hey, So I've been looking for a Vaal Ice Nova build for general mapping + legion encounters (currently toxic rain, not bad but not great at clearing the full encounter) but it's been a right pain finding one I feel like trying given the variety in play styles + ascendencies and most builds are out of date.

I figure I'd also want to try out a CoC build at some point and before I start sinking currency into a build like this,I was wondering does the Vaal Ice Nova in the chest setup feel like it clears out most legion monoliths pretty well even without a full damage setup? I can live with it freeing everything but the rares since it's easy enough to just go round and focus them off.

Vaal Ice Nova in the chest works fine for white/magic legion mobs in T16s. Depending on the location of the monolith and layout you may see varying results if the packs are too far apart; this can be resolved using INC AOE in your links. For rares I just leap slam around to free them and the build also frees generals extremely quickly.

noot noot
Last edited by Ralign on Jun 20, 2019, 6:53:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info