[3.9] Nickonasty's Modular CoCpri Ice Nova Assassin - Shaper/UElder Viable

Hello.

Ive gotten 14 icrs on boots, and i have 7.14 AS, This is good right?

Also how do i start craft the Vaal regalia, do i alt spam a 83ilvl chest and hope for the best? How rare is is life+increased crit chance? Or is there some fossil thingy?

Cheers for the help!
"
Cyterizz wrote:
Hello.

Also how do i start craft the Vaal regalia, do i alt spam a 83ilvl chest and hope for the best? How rare is is life+increased crit chance? Or is there some fossil thingy?

Cheers for the help!

Fossil = annul

alt spam is best way. It took me like 1k alts to get 90+ life with tier crit
"
Hi there, just a bit of insight concerning Steelskin/Immortal call.
Since we have enough strength to level Steelskin to 20+ and don't have endurance charges, it's actually better to level Steelskin and cast it manually when you enter into a pack.
Since the cooldown is pretty low, it acts like a buffer and protects from those damn one shots way more reliably.

If i'm not mistaken IC procs AFTER receiving the CWDT-triggering hit, so it doesn't prevent from being one shot by a legion mob right off the bat.

That aside, I have a question concerning resists if you pick Atziri's acuity, and with damage mitigation in general. How do you cap your resists efficiently ? I had some issues even with the gloves, and since we have to reserve 2 jewels to proc the other ailments, the room for improvement is really low.

Same question for accuracy, how do you manage to get decent hit chance without lycosidae ? I had 10% increased accuracy on a ring and ended up at 70% hit change +/-, with precision lvl 1. Sure, there is poacher's mark, but it still felt like missing a lot of hits.

Good insight on CWDT, it doesn't proc until after a triggering hit so if you get 1 shot from full it's not much use. This doesn't happen much though in maps; only boss attacks like Minotaur dig and Shaper/Elder slam one shot.

Resists just require you to get a good ring and if needed pick up Alira. I've found most people have success with a 110 or so total resist elder ring, then crafting a resist on their boots and body armour like I did in the original version. If you still need additional resists corrupting a soul tether with +14-16 all resistance is also a possibility if you want to refrain from getting any resists from your jewels.

The tempered mind jewel gives us about 1500 accuracy when placed in the witch start, this combined with our dexterity and picking up the Precision notable on the tree and running a LVL1 Precision puts us at 100% for most enemies.
noot noot
"
Cyterizz wrote:
Hello.

Cheers for the help!

Hi, 14 iCRS is perfect, and 7.14 AS is good, if possible try and push it closer to 7.5, this is the easiest way to increase your DPS.

If you don't have an iLVL 86 elder chest, use fossils (pristine + your element choice) on an iLVL 86 NON-ELDER that is 6L. The damage you get from increased crit chance on an elder chest is minimal and the roll is mostly there for luxury.

The NON-ELDER chest will be pretty easy to craft as you only are looking for good life, some resistances, and one empty prefix (mandatory). This will let you craft GAIN % of MAX LIFE as ES.

Hope this helps.
noot noot
I am not really sure why we are taking corrupted soul. Maybe I missed something? I just keep getting one shot by things while still having energy shield. Having a great time with this build otherwise though!
Agreed with both points above, this build is great fun AND I get one-shot by Legion often enough to be annoying. I did chequ's build last league (same as this but with pandemonious and loreweave) and while that one was tanker it was also about 10 ex more expensive, or more!

I've removed precision and slotted in flesh and stone for the blind and less damage taken from range to try and be a bit tanker. I don't feel the build needs any more damage so I'd be ok with dropping herald of ice for something more defensive but I don't know what really.
Hey!

So I have a 9% ias Cospri’s and a Starkonja’s Head with the default 10% ias but I end up haveing 8 APS on my cyclone.
The only other thing which gives me attack speed is the Retribution Node – but removing it leads to a longer way to the life nodes aswell as a huge dps loss.
I am running with a lvl 19/23 quality Vaal Ice Nova.
"
krytonsmith wrote:
I am not really sure why we are taking corrupted soul. Maybe I missed something? I just keep getting one shot by things while still having energy shield. Having a great time with this build otherwise though!

The only time you should be dead while still having ES is if you die from chaos damage. It's literally impossible for you to be dead in any other scenario while still having ES unless your ES total is higher than your life. And in all cases if you aren't full life Soul Tether should prioritize your life pool so that never happens.

Corrupted Soul works by dividing your damage taken between ES and Life, this effectively departs from traditional hybrid builds which take damage from your ES first then when there's no ES left from your life.

The build doesn't really care about this distinction though, because your ES and Life leech aren't separate, Soul Tether leeches life to full, then ES to full so you don't need to worry about separate sources of leech for your ES and Life.

This means there is only a plus side to taking the node (20% Life as Extra ES), there is literally no downside.

I took a look at your build and gear and here's a list of things you can do:

1) Prioritize filling out the life wheels instead of getting damage wheels
2) Pick up the jewel slots and slot jewels with % increased max life
3) Exchange your Atziri's Promise for a defensive flask like a Basalt
4) Run a guard skill like Steelskin or IC
5) Try and get more life on your ring and gloves
6) Double check you're running defensive Pantheons
7) Examine your playstyle and make sure you respect Legion rares

P.S. This isn't a max block or dodge build so there's some degree of care that needs to go into gameplay.

The build boasts its high survivability in the sheer amount of life pool you can obtain, but you need to give it time to recover. If you want to push the build to the limits, and respect very little, you'll need to employ methods to very quickly recover your ES and Life pool between heavy hits. This leads to luxury gear like Acuity or Watcher's Eyes with ES on hit.
noot noot
I swapped from a cwc bv build to this and killed uber elder deathless today really enjoying the build but i wish i could pop the legion mobs a little more reliably. i'm using vaal vortex to do most the work then running around and popping as many as i can but i usually miss a fair amount. any suggestions?

Gear:

The chest piece is from my old build and i haven't made the regalia yet
All of my resists are capped at 90 without the extra 35 from wise oak

I'm running the tempered mind lvl 1 precision setup for accuracy and i have a zealotry/hatred watchers eye with 10% and 14% pen respectively

the 2 nodes in the radius of glorius vanity are a 4% life node and 17% mana regen node
Last edited by Numerouswaffles on Jun 25, 2019, 4:10:51 AM
"
m0onknight wrote:
Agreed with both points above, this build is great fun AND I get one-shot by Legion often enough to be annoying. I did chequ's build last league (same as this but with pandemonious and loreweave) and while that one was tanker it was also about 10 ex more expensive, or more!

I've removed precision and slotted in flesh and stone for the blind and less damage taken from range to try and be a bit tanker. I don't feel the build needs any more damage so I'd be ok with dropping herald of ice for something more defensive but I don't know what really.

There are a few suggestions in the response I made just now about ways to increase defenses. To further explain there are two big ways to increase survivability in this build: Acuity or Discipline + Watcher's Eye.

I've played the "Budget" version without Acuity and had no difficulty in T16s, I just needed to adjust my playstyle and respect mobs that could kill me with multiple medium-hits like Legions, so it's definitely possible to tackle endgame content with it.

That being said, if you want to play more HAM then that comes with at least some degree of investment, there are four "tiers" of investment with increasing cost and difficulty to balance:

1) Discipline + Watcher's Eye with ES on Hit is the least invasive solution. You don't need to change any of your gear, just run Hatred + Discipline with a Watcher's Eye that has the ES on Hit mod (1ex by itself, 3-4ex with a Hatred or Zealotry property as well).

2) Atziri's Acuity for VP. This will require you to re-examine resistances and typically leads to a cascading change in other rares in the build: Ring + Boot slot and potentially Jewels with resist. By itself, Acuity costs 7ex now with its rising price, and exchanging your other rares would probably cost an additional .5-1ex.

3) Discipline + Watcher's Eye + Zealotry. This requires you to get a reduced reservation enchant for either Hatred + Zealotry, respect into the Templar aura cluster, and craft a 15% reduced mana reservation of socketed gems shaped shield. The cost is further increased if you decide to get a 3 property Watcher's Eye with 2x Hatred/Zealotry and 1x Discipline property, these can get up to the 15-20ex.

4) You can combine 2 + 3 together. This will render you basically unkillable by anything that doesn't outright oneshot you.
noot noot
Last edited by Ralign on Jun 25, 2019, 4:17:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info