[3.15] Broodmother: Summon Spiders Necro | THE NEW OP SUMMONER | 8m DPS | 11k EHP

"
BowWizard wrote:
Hey Inkira - This is a fantastic build, one of the hidden gems. Been playing this build for quite a while (since 3.8 I think). The spiders just chew through most things without pausing, even in a T16. Apart from the usual silly mistakes my character does not die. I have no trouble spawning 20 spiders or respawning during fights (though that can be a bit hairy)

The only "issue" I think I have is that total DPS and DPS inc. Poison seems kinda low (74647 and 185296). When I hit bosses (maps mostly, rares are not really an issue except if they have weird stats) it can take quite a while to take them down. Is there something I can do to boost the dmg ? I'd really like to take bosses out much faster. Current POB looks like this - https://pastebin.com/s8C1B3RD

Would appreciate if you could take a look and let me know if you have any suggestions. I think my gear is fine but profile should be open if you want to take a peak there as well. Thanks for putting this build together and sharing !

Get a minion damage scepter, The Scourge shouldn't be your end game offhand. Anoint Ravenous Horde on your amulet, and get a pair of rare gloves so you can craft minion damage on them. A lot of your jewels are missing damage, the priority should be max life -> minion physical damage -> minion attack speed. You should also use a Stygian Vise for another abyss jewel socket.
My guides:
[3.15] Broodmother: A Summon Spiders Necro | THE NEW OP SUMMONER | 8m DPS | 11k EHP
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2540439
"
Inkara wrote:

Get a minion damage scepter, The Scourge shouldn't be your end game offhand. Anoint Ravenous Horde on your amulet, and get a pair of rare gloves so you can craft minion damage on them. A lot of your jewels are missing damage, the priority should be max life -> minion physical damage -> minion attack speed. You should also use a Stygian Vise for another abyss jewel socket.

Thanks for the recommendations. I'll work towards the upgrades !
Last edited by BowWizard on Jun 12, 2020, 8:39:34 AM
What about survibality?... You think its nice to get level 100 doing maps?... Thanks in advance...
"
BowWizard wrote:
"
Inkara wrote:

I now have gloves with minion damage, a sceptre with minion damage on it and a stygian vise.

I replaced fortify, whirling blades and faster attacks support with Dash+second wind and a portal gem in third socket of sceptre. The portal gem seems a waste of a good socket. Is there a gem I can put in to the sceptre that will boost overall dmg further ?

Also - is it necessary to get all three specs on jewels max life+minion phys dmg+minion attack speed or will max life+minion phys dmg be enough for increasing dmg totals ? Jewels with all three items (or that plus cast speed) are ex+ but max life and physical dmg are a lot more affordable.

On the POB links on configuration tab "Do your minions use Frenzy charges ?" is marked yes - where do the charges come from (if spiders don't frenzy then the dmg calculations in POB would be less)
Last edited by BowWizard on Jun 13, 2020, 12:03:42 AM
"
BowWizard wrote:
"
BowWizard wrote:
"
Inkara wrote:

I now have gloves with minion damage, a sceptre with minion damage on it and a stygian vise.

I replaced fortify, whirling blades and faster attacks support with Dash+second wind and a portal gem in third socket of sceptre. The portal gem seems a waste of a good socket. Is there a gem I can put in to the sceptre that will boost overall dmg further ?

Also - is it necessary to get all three specs on jewels max life+minion phys dmg+minion attack speed or will max life+minion phys dmg be enough for increasing dmg totals ? Jewels with all three items (or that plus cast speed) are ex+ but max life and physical dmg are a lot more affordable.

On the POB links on configuration tab "Do your minions use Frenzy charges ?" is marked yes - where do the charges come from (if spiders don't frenzy then the dmg calculations in POB would be less)

I used Enchance/Empower with my dash. If 3 mod jewels are too expensive, try just life + flat physical to minions. Frenzy charges come from your specters, in act 2 riverways there is an ape that gives allies frenzy charges.
My guides:
[3.15] Broodmother: A Summon Spiders Necro | THE NEW OP SUMMONER | 8m DPS | 11k EHP
"
Inkira wrote:

I used Enchance/Empower with my dash. If 3 mod jewels are too expensive, try just life + flat physical to minions. Frenzy charges come from your specters, in act 2 riverways there is an ape that gives allies frenzy charges.

Oh yeah I forgot about those. I'm running with two of the carnage chieftains and 1 host chieftain.
This build is really interesting, but can you, please, fix sockets in PoB? (i mean, sockets in `items` tab not suited for gem setup in `skills` tab... as example, there are R-R-B-G B-B in widowsilk robe, but meanwhile it must be something like B-G-B B-B-R). Thanks!
Hey, can I use this build in Harvest league or it's nerfed?
"
linarova wrote:
Hey, can I use this build in Harvest league or it's nerfed?

It didn't get touched by the patch so go ahead.
My guides:
I don't know what am I doing wrong, but I cant kill the worms with Bane. I can only curse the worms with Bane and since it has no on-hit effect the worms don't die, and I got no spider.

Been checking the patch notes and found no changes to Bane or Withering Jar. What am I missing? Currently I have to resort to Ball Lightning to summon spiders but I would love to get the benefit of Bane.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info