[3.7] Spectral Shield Throw Gloomfang Cold Crit Deadeye

"
nullusviscus wrote:
Any advise on crafting stat stick? Just alt spam until elemental as extra chaos?

Ideally you want ele as extra chaos AND phys as random element. You do not want cold as extra chaos, because this a craftable mod. What I did was alt roll for one good t1 mod, then regal. If you got a second t1 good mod on the regal, then try to annul off the bad mod & if u get lucky you can now start multi modding. Even if you don't hit the ideal prefix/suffix combo, you should be aware of what good mods are on a stat stick. If you hit something good but not ideal for this build, sell it & start over on a new base.

If you alt into one of the mods you want with an open affix, it may be worth it to create an imprint using beast crafting before regaling (this depends on the cost of the beast vs cost of alts).

I got kind of lucky on mine & ended up getting one mod with an open affix & regaling into the 2nd one after around 600 alts.

Also if you're really lazy & don't like pressing buttons, the 'trigger socketed spell' can be really good for cursing & frost bomb.
Hey!
Huge fan of the build that I'm loving it so far.
Even came up with the name Captain Primerica Just for this but I just had a question;

How come when I use Gloomfang my health depletes SUPER quick, even with Touch of Anguish as weapon?
The on-hit outshines the amount of Gloomfang so I'm just wondering if I'm doing something wrong. From the looks of your videos it doesn't seem like you're losing much health.

Thanks!
"
warxtreme wrote:
Hey!
Even came up with the name Captain Primerica Just for this but I just had a question;

How come when I use Gloomfang my health depletes SUPER quick, even with Touch of Anguish as weapon?
The on-hit outshines the amount of Gloomfang so I'm just wondering if I'm doing something wrong. From the looks of your videos it doesn't seem like you're losing much health.

Thanks!

I'm dumb & didn't actually test life gain on hit from a claw (its LOCAL to attacks with the claw & not global, so you don't get any benefit from offhand attacks. Updated guide to reflect this.
I've been using your build here as my first character for the league and I've been having a blast with it, so let me start off with saying thank you. Titicus to a 900ish defense rare shield has been more than enough to carry me to the mid 60's and act 9 so far, where I can now grind out some Chaos orbs and work on getting a Magna.

I'm at the point now where I'm looking to understand the damage interactions and refine the build a little more, so I was hoping that you could help me understand a few things. I'll number them for ease of discussing each individually.

1. Probably most importantly, what damage boosts should take priority? Cold/elemental, Physical, Damage with Attacks, Projectile Damage, Crit Chance, Crit Multiplier?

2. Is it not worth it to put some points over to get Longshot? Am I wrong in thinking that having both Far Shot and Longshot would completely remove the negative from Point Blank, making the damage modifier based on distance go from +50% to +20% instead of +50% to -20%?

3. Are too many things immune to Ignite and/or Bleed at the higher end to make it worth boosting them a little to help single target damage any? I'm curious about possibly going over to the Defiance, Retaliation and Command of Steel nodes, which combined don't only give 115% to 139% Attack Damage while holding a shield, but also Increased Damage with Ailments to boost damage from Cold can Ignite and to a lesser degree the Bleed from Rupture.

I think those are my big questions at the moment. I appreciate any help on figuring out all the interactions at work here, and thanks again for posting the build.
Last edited by Tenlaar on Jun 28, 2019, 11:51:16 AM
"
GOB3 wrote:
"
warxtreme wrote:
Hey!

Thanks!

I'm dumb & didn't actually test life gain on hit from a claw (its LOCAL to attacks with the claw & not global, so you don't get any benefit from offhand attacks. Updated guide to reflect this.

Thanks for clearing that up.

A second question; because of the ascendancy "Ricochet" do you recommend putting on Chain Support as well? by theory it would mean 20% more damage because of the "remaining chains" right? I also found for clearing and mono farming it's pretty smooth.
Hey very fun build but how are you surviving encounters? Outside of AoE im not leeching anything so im not sure how you are sustaining especially single target and no flask are up.
"
Tenlaar wrote:
1. Probably most importantly, what damage boosts should take priority? Cold/elemental, Physical, Damage with Attacks, Projectile Damage, Crit Chance, Crit Multiplier?

Crit multi is best, then probably attack speed, then generic attack/proj damage or cold damage. Cold penetration is weak (relatively) because it doesn't affect extra chaos damage. Install path of building to see exactly how much DPS you get from each stat.

"
2. Is it not worth it to put some points over to get Longshot? Am I wrong in thinking that having both Far Shot and Longshot would completely remove the negative from Point Blank, making the damage modifier based on distance go from +50% to +20% instead of +50% to -20%?

Longshot is a good 3 points but be aware that Point Blank is a MORE/LESS multiplier, while Longshot is INCREASED.

"
3. Are too many things immune to Ignite and/or Bleed at the higher end to make it worth boosting them a little to help single target damage any? I'm curious about possibly going over to the Defiance, Retaliation and Command of Steel nodes, which combined don't only give 115% to 139% Attack Damage while holding a shield, but also Increased Damage with Ailments to boost damage from Cold can Ignite and to a lesser degree the Bleed from Rupture.

These nodes just aren't efficient enough, considering that block & armor get penalized by Acrobatics. Also damage over time & mechanics like impale won't help the damage from gloomfang.

"
warxtreme wrote:
endancy "Ricochet" do you recommend putting on Chain Support as well? by theory it would mean 20% more damage because of the "remaining chains" right? I also found for clearing and mono farming it's pretty smooth.

If you want more clear, chain or fork is an easy swap for vicious projectiles, but will result in less damage for single target fights.

"
hsiegfried44 wrote:
Hey very fun build but how are you surviving encounters? Outside of AoE im not leeching anything so im not sure how you are sustaining especially single target and no flask are up.

Evasion & dodge combined with blind means I just don't get hit! I looked at your character sheet & you've got mostly armor...It may be worth it to drop acrobatics & invest in armor & block so that you can take advantage of molten shell.
How are you getting frenzy charges? Been looking at your PoB but can't find any reason as to how you generate any of them.
Think Farrul's Fur would be a good option? I've been thinking of running an SST crit build, and got really lucky and dropped the chest from the Farrul fight. Now I'm stuck with a great chest and not really sure what to do with it.
"
essbjorn wrote:
How are you getting frenzy charges? Been looking at your PoB but can't find any reason as to how you generate any of them.

Blood Rage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info