[3.7] Spectral Shield Throw Gloomfang Cold Crit Deadeye

why dont you get the fangs of frost node wouldnt that be a big dps upgrade?
"
lodgedogg wrote:
why dont you get the fangs of frost node wouldnt that be a big dps upgrade?

Those nodes give 2.5% more dps each, which is pretty average, but the extra proj speed is pretty good. I think I'll eventually drop some damage nodes for more life in the final 90+ tree.
on initial it seems impale might be good, but in the end it doesnt help with bossing much since this build just isnt built for it.

what it IS GOOD for is to stack damage conversion
Last edited by fuxxnuts2 on Jun 17, 2019, 11:10:23 PM
This is interesting. I have always wanted to try out gloomfang, but magma orb feels really slow clearing. This might just scratch the itch for me.

The top dps in poe ninja are going EO instead of crit. I havent played this build, but why is that? Wouldnt going crit be better dps pretty much most of the time?

Also, what is the shield progression? Just get max armor/eva?
discord id: dejuvenate#5828
Guides
[3.13 Ritual] Flameslinger - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3009295
[3.5 Betrayal] Brutus AW Chieftain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2320224
[3.4 Delve] Toxic Rain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2207700
Build feels and plays great but your level 30 and 60 trees seem to be using a broken tree.
Leveling this build right now, it's really fun! I've been having mana issues though, and I wonder how you fix that problem?
Also, which pantheons did you choose?
So, can you solve those solo bossing issues with vaal breach? this build has a lot of potential and i always liked sst, there must be a way to make this powerful af :)
Are you sure the Threshold Jewel is placed right? THere is only 10 STR in radius.

Wait, now that I'm thinking - it's not 40 str and dex it only has to total up to 40.
Yeah sorry, I got stupid for a while there.
Last edited by werchiel on Jun 19, 2019, 9:23:19 AM
"
aitalar wrote:
So, can you solve those solo bossing issues with vaal breach? this build has a lot of potential and i always liked sst, there must be a way to make this powerful af :)

the vaal breach isn't really needed unless you're on some non-phased map boss with no adds and u want to kill it instantly. my single target damage with no chains is around 1.1 million, which is fine. if you really wanted to farm u elder with this build, there are still plenty of big dps upgrades available, namely a 3k armor rare shield & a shaper stat stick.

actual dps in a situation with multiple targets is very good (aka vaal temple trio fight, acid caverns boss, city square etc). if u want to math out damage its basically like doing factorials, where u add shield damage from first hop plus shard damage from 2nd hop etc etc until you run out of chains. On each hop, you lose MORE multiplier from the deadeye ascendency & gain MORE from gloomfang. tldr: your real world damage is not represented by the tooltip.

HOWEVER, you will never be able to do uber atziri without investing in a reflect immune setup, so IMO, there are much better options for boss killing builds in the current league.
Last edited by GOB3 on Jun 19, 2019, 2:08:40 PM
What was shaper like? was it hard, did you need vaal breach for it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info