[3.7] Essence Drain/Contagion Trickster (the best one)

"
randagast wrote:
wait, so i have a perfect form (and an essence worm) and yet when i use arctic armour i get a little of my mana pool reserved. Isn't supposed to be free with perfect form or is essence worm causing this mana reservation?
same goes with despair and impresence

what am i missing?

Yes, Essence Worm causes Arctic Armour to have a cost as well as increasing the cost of all other aura gems
"

The next best build I've seen is essentially what I'm running but the Low Life (LL) version.

Actually, yeah, one of those is what I was considering when I mentioned spiritual aid. Iirc, at least a couple of the pain attunement builds use that.

I guess in the end I don't entirely know WHAT I want content I want to run so I am trying to build a nice middle ground. I was thinking the pain attunement model with a dash of AOE so I can effectively do low level legion, Delve and T15. If I am not good at farming shaper/elder, that's ok.

Legion seems too good NOT to run. And I have never really 'gotten' delve but this seems like a good build to learn it with.

Btw, I want to thank you again for really complete and thoughtful answers. Understanding your thought processes helps a lot.

I am currently at the early stages of end game. I have the diadem, 6l Bow and some random items I have essenced. I am not that efficient at farming but I have about 5-6 Ex and 200 C to play with, plus a lot of sellables that I haven't marked down to sell fast since I didn't have a plan.

This is where I am at now.

Edit: I am using 3 auras atm, Malevolence, Flesh and stone, and Zealotry. Did you also test Zealotry? It's a pretty big boost to Essence Drain with my current gear.
Last edited by Kelmain9 on Jul 15, 2019, 1:10:33 PM
"
anyone else tried Doryani's Glorious Vanity?

50% of Non-Chaos Damage taken bypasses Energy Shield
Gain 20% of Maximum Life as Extra Maximum Energy Shield
(Comes from Glorious Vanity when sacrificed in the name of "Doryani")

pretty insane as your ED regen can be applied to HP
beats speccing into both MoM/EB imo

I have added it to my build. The benefits are amazing imo. Mine gives

~1700 ES
27% spell damage
34% chaos damage
33% damage over time
4% life
2% movement speed
14% lightning resistance
8% chaos resistance
5% block
and a few other things for 16 points.
"
matt__ wrote:
"
randagast wrote:
wait, so i have a perfect form (and an essence worm) and yet when i use arctic armour i get a little of my mana pool reserved. Isn't supposed to be free with perfect form or is essence worm causing this mana reservation?

what am i missing?

Yes, Essence Worm causes Arctic Armour to have a cost as well as increasing the cost of all other aura gems

so i'm using arctic armour (with perfect form), despair (with impresence), malevolence (on essence worm) and flesh and stone.
i end up having my 65% of my mana reserved which means that with mom and without eldritch battery i end up having no mana to cast. how do i solve this? any solutions?
"
randagast wrote:
"
matt__ wrote:
"
randagast wrote:

what am i missing?

so i'm using arctic armour (with perfect form), despair (with impresence), malevolence (on essence worm) and flesh and stone.
i end up having my 65% of my mana reserved which means that with mom and without eldritch battery i end up having no mana to cast. how do i solve this? any solutions?

Don't use MoM. Don't use Essence Worm. My gear is MF now in my profile but with Perfect Form + Impresence I can run Arctic Armour, Malevolence, Flesh and Stone and Despair, I have 4.7k HP + 1.9k ES + 200 mana left to cast, and I did all content with no problem, T16 legion, guardians, Red Elder, Shaper, etc. I didn't try Uber Elder because Is tarted to farm form a HH, but I'm sure it's doable.
"There's no thing like random one-shots in this game. You only die because you take 353,456,237 hits in 0.2 seconds."

"The best items in the game should not be crafted, they should be TRADED." - Cent, GGG
Hello boyz, just finished uber elder (well in facts I did it 2 times to check if it was luck)

That's the first time ever I tried it, I killed him with 4 deaths

One being due to the fact that I forgot that shaper could TP+oneshot after phase 1
2 of them because of laggs/freezes
And 1 because of missplay/lack of attention

The second times I made it more secured: I added this
to the CWDT setup
And this
in the build (replacing temporal chain aura) + a taste of hate

I also have a question: what modifier should I prioritize on a future watcher's eye, the non-ailment chaos damage is mandatory, but if you could fit one more "while affected by malevolence" modifier, which one would you choose?

immune to bleed? faster recovery? or faster expiring dot on ennemies?

Thanks for the build, it's truly amazing
Last edited by SaintHammer on Jul 15, 2019, 6:33:35 PM
"
I've reached all my goals for this build so I figured I'd share. This is my high level content version of the ED Trickster. At lvl 94 I have 5800 health and 2k ES, 65% evade, 42% spell dodge and 1.5M Shaper dps. Here's the PoB: https://pastebin.com/F1ZPqCcE

Here's my gear:

I run two six-links, ED and Vaal Blight, along with 2 curses (Despair and Enfeeble), Aspect of the Spider, and Malevolence for 100% mana reservation. Contagion gets an AoE bump from the glove prefix so one-shotting legions is pretty easy. I've also done Uber Elder a dozen time deathless and am farming T15/16 maps with a sub 4 minute average time.

There's a few places I think the build could be even further min/maxed, like adding chaos % damage to the rings and belt, or getting something fun on the quiver (movement speed or increased AoE). And a double Malevolence WE with NaCDoT and life/ES rate would be really nice but super expensive. Same thing with getting 21/20 on all ED support gems or jewels with two damage mods and life. Each of the damage improvements I mentioned are between 10-25k dps, so if you did them all the total dps could go up another 100-200k.

Let me know what you think!

Great build! It's awesome to see the different variations possible.

POB: https://pastebin.com/R99H3AP6

I'm running a hybrid + evasion, frenzy/power charge focused build.
5.2K HP, 1.95K Evasion, No MoM/EB. 84% overall dodge (w/ flasks), 45% spell dodge. (and a additional bonus of having 61% Chaos resis)

Running Flesh+Stone (Sand), Malevolence, Artic Armor, Despair/blasphemy. leaving me with 25%//439 unresserved mana.

By not running MoM/EB, Im forced to be a bit more selective with my auras, but I think that Flesh+Stone is just as good as Enfeeble without having to spec into the extra curse nodes. Don't have the mana for Aspect of the Spider, but speccing Swift Killer over Prolonged Pain lets me have Frenzy and Power charges up during boss fights and most mob kills.

It does a little bit less damage than your build, 1.35M Shaper DPS, but overall I think the survivability is better with the CWDT // IC + higher evasion + flesh and stone.

Right now I'm still running a couple mana regen passives to ensure that I have enough mana to reliably channel blight, but as I test i might spec off those to some damage nodes (20-25% mana regen for 20-24% damage)

Still need to change my bow from arcane surge/chaos damage to Extra damage on Frenzy Charge (I get my arcane surge from contagion). But that would bring it to 1.4MM dps.

I'm also running a Brutal Restraint near MoM, giving me 80% spell damage and 50% fire resist. If I'm able to find Fire Resist elsewhere I could also respec those 2 points into damage nodes as well.

Here's my gear for quick reference:

"
musicesmelife wrote:
Spoiler
"
I've reached all my goals for this build so I figured I'd share. This is my high level content version of the ED Trickster. At lvl 94 I have 5800 health and 2k ES, 65% evade, 42% spell dodge and 1.5M Shaper dps. Here's the PoB: https://pastebin.com/F1ZPqCcE

Here's my gear:

I run two six-links, ED and Vaal Blight, along with 2 curses (Despair and Enfeeble), Aspect of the Spider, and Malevolence for 100% mana reservation. Contagion gets an AoE bump from the glove prefix so one-shotting legions is pretty easy. I've also done Uber Elder a dozen time deathless and am farming T15/16 maps with a sub 4 minute average time.

There's a few places I think the build could be even further min/maxed, like adding chaos % damage to the rings and belt, or getting something fun on the quiver (movement speed or increased AoE). And a double Malevolence WE with NaCDoT and life/ES rate would be really nice but super expensive. Same thing with getting 21/20 on all ED support gems or jewels with two damage mods and life. Each of the damage improvements I mentioned are between 10-25k dps, so if you did them all the total dps could go up another 100-200k.

5.2K HP, 1.95K Evasion, No MoM/EB. 84% overall dodge (w/ flasks), 45% spell dodge. (and a additional bonus of having 61% Chaos resis)

Running Flesh+Stone (Sand), Malevolence, Artic Armor, Despair/blasphemy. leaving me with 25%//439 unresserved mana.

By not running MoM/EB, Im forced to be a bit more selective with my auras, but I think that Flesh+Stone is just as good as Enfeeble without having to spec into the extra curse nodes. Don't have the mana for Aspect of the Spider, but speccing Swift Killer over Prolonged Pain lets me have Frenzy and Power charges up during boss fights and most mob kills.

It does a little bit less damage than your build, 1.35M Shaper DPS, but overall I think the survivability is better with the CWDT // IC + higher evasion + flesh and stone.

Right now I'm still running a couple mana regen passives to ensure that I have enough mana to reliably channel blight, but as I test i might spec off those to some damage nodes (20-25% mana regen for 20-24% damage)

Still need to change my bow from arcane surge/chaos damage to Extra damage on Frenzy Charge (I get my arcane surge from contagion). But that would bring it to 1.4MM dps.

I'm also running a Brutal Restraint near MoM, giving me 80% spell damage and 50% fire resist. If I'm able to find Fire Resist elsewhere I could also respec those 2 points into damage nodes as well.

Solid build, I love the helm, chaos resistance, movement speed on the quiver, damage on the belt and unset ring! However I would urge you to check out swapping Atziri's step for rare boots with "10-12% Chance to Dodge Spell Hits". You can get more life and resists, plus some other solid mods in exchange for 4% spell hit dodge. That'll make your resist balancing way easier. Drop Fire Walker and use the points elsewhere.

For those of you following from my earlier post, this is a good version of my vanilla build with one curse and no MOM/EB plus charges. I agree that Flesh+Stone is just as good as Enfeeble. If you're not aiming for all the auras and Aspect of the Spider like I did, then not taking the curse/aura effectiveness and mana reservation reduction nodes balances the change in gem setup. However note that you end up spending a fair number of passive nodes on mana, whereas my build uses ES and 100% reservation.

Also swapping Devouring Diadem for a helm as nice as musicesmelife's is balanced by having to use Impresence instead of an amulet like mine. I'm not surprised that the dps ends up being pretty close since that seems like an even trade-off. Musicesmelife's version gets the benefits of charges too, but be sure you're ok with Ascendancy change his version requires.
Last edited by kevinbrightblade on Jul 15, 2019, 10:33:40 PM
"
"
musicesmelife wrote:
Spoiler
"

Here's my gear:

Spoiler

Solid build, I love the helm, chaos resistance, movement speed on the quiver, damage on the belt and unset ring! However I would urge you to check out swapping Atziri's step for rare boots with "10-12% Chance to Dodge Spell Hits". You can get more life and resists, plus some other solid mods in exchange for 4% spell hit dodge. That'll make your resist balancing way easier. Drop Fire Walker and use the points elsewhere.

For those of you following from my earlier post, this is a good version of my vanilla build with one curse and no MOM/EB plus charges. I agree that Flesh+Stone is just as good as Enfeeble. If you're not aiming for all the auras and Aspect of the Spider like I did, then not taking the curse/aura effectiveness and mana reservation reduction nodes balances the change in gem setup. However note that you end up spending a fair number of passive nodes on mana, whereas my build uses ES and 100% reservation.

Also swapping Devouring Diadem for a helm as nice as musicesmelife's is balanced by having to use Impresence instead of an amulet like mine. I'm not surprised that the dps ends up being pretty close since that seems like an even trade-off. Musicesmelife's version gets the benefits of charges too, but be sure you're ok with Ascendancy change his version requires.

I see the Devouring Diadem version as more of the mapping-centric build with the non-DD version as the "I also occasionally want to boss" version. The main differences are the helm, obviously, and the implications of having EB. The -9% chaos craft helm and the ability to trigger Arcane Surge by spending mana are both pretty oriented towards bossing. Additionally, you can opt to wear the elder amulet instead of Impressence and just hand-cast Despair onto end-game bosses. The DD version is the more mapping-convenience build. It has slightly easier mana management (though neither version really struggles), still gets arcane surge through the bow, can still kill everything without the nearby -9% chaos, and can run 3-4 auras. Aspect of the Spider is similarly more geared towards mapping.
Anyone tried this "Corrupting Soul" mod of the Doryani Timeless jewel?

Pumps up your Energy Shield but 50% of non-chaos damage hits your life...which makes me feel actually more fragile.

Thoughts?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info