[3.7] Essence Drain/Contagion Trickster (the best one)

"
Garou23 wrote:
New player here, been playing for a few weeks and I would love to try your guide in Blight, if something you use doesn't get nerfed heavely.

Is it possible for you to make this guide a little bit beginner friendly? Adding some notes to the PoB for how to go through the first 10 acts and showing progression for the skill tree, like get these points with your first 25 levels etc.

Hi there

For beginner guide you can look at ghazzy's. I wouldnt touch it with a 10 foot pole, but basic explanation is kinda nice there. I would recommend to rlauren to keep this guide as a semi advanced guide.

@cyrkules

I travelled down the right side of scion and grabbed the jewel socket next to harrier (be sure to take the attack speed path, NOT the spell dmg path). Drop unnatural instinct there.

With all that adjustment I am at 65%ish inc movement speed in town.

My trickster is dejuvcastinmeleeleague if u wanna see it.
discord id: dejuvenate#5828
Guides
[3.13 Ritual] Flameslinger - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3009295
[3.5 Betrayal] Brutus AW Chieftain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2320224
[3.4 Delve] Toxic Rain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2207700
"
Ellipsist wrote:
Since the global gem level changes remove the crafting recipe for +1 to level of socketed chaos gems, could you update what mods we're looking for when multi-modding a bow, if a bow is still an optimal choice? Thanks, guide is excellent!

The changes making local gem mods into global ones only affects caster weapons. If I've read the manifesto/patch notes correct (big if), our bow craft should actually remain unchanged. I believe bows will still be able to roll all of the same local modifiers that they currently do.

That said, it's quite likely that the optimum setup in Blight will change from a bow to dual wield wands and your 6-link ED in chest. Wands should be able to roll both +1 to all spell gems and +1 to global chaos gems. They can also naturally roll chaos damage over time multi, although getting all three of these mods naturally would be insane. With a corrupted chest +2 to duration/projectile/AoE gems (or a double corrupted chest for the uber wealthy), you can climb even higher in gem level.

21 gem + 4 (dual wands) + 3 (empower 4) + 4 (double chest corruption) = level 32 ED possible, a big boost from what the bow can currently achieve.
"
dejuvenate wrote:

@cyrkules

I travelled down the right side of scion and grabbed the jewel socket next to harrier (be sure to take the attack speed path, NOT the spell dmg path). Drop unnatural instinct there.

With all that adjustment I am at 65%ish inc movement speed in town.

My trickster is dejuvcastinmeleeleague if u wanna see it.

thank you
Last edited by Cyrkules on Sep 5, 2019, 3:00:54 PM
"
rlauren2 wrote:
"
Ellipsist wrote:
Since the global gem level changes remove the crafting recipe for +1 to level of socketed chaos gems, could you update what mods we're looking for when multi-modding a bow, if a bow is still an optimal choice? Thanks, guide is excellent!

The changes making local gem mods into global ones only affects caster weapons. If I've read the manifesto/patch notes correct (big if), our bow craft should actually remain unchanged. I believe bows will still be able to roll all of the same local modifiers that they currently do.

That said, it's quite likely that the optimum setup in Blight will change from a bow to dual wield wands and your 6-link ED in chest. Wands should be able to roll both +1 to all spell gems and +1 to global chaos gems. They can also naturally roll chaos damage over time multi, although getting all three of these mods naturally would be insane. With a corrupted chest +2 to duration/projectile/AoE gems (or a double corrupted chest for the uber wealthy), you can climb even higher in gem level.

21 gem + 4 (dual wands) + 3 (empower 4) + 4 (double chest corruption) = level 32 ED possible, a big boost from what the bow can currently achieve.

Well let's see the drop rates, but first I'll go for the bow, since it's the most expensive item you'll need. The bow alone costed me 6 exalteds...

Legion was a heavy currency drop league, because it was fast-paced. Blight is go slow, so I don't think the influx of currency will be the same.

Hope the currency rewards are also insane, the potential of well crafted dual wands can go is also insane.
"There's no thing like random one-shots in this game. You only die because you take 353,456,237 hits in 0.2 seconds."

"The best items in the game should not be crafted, they should be TRADED." - Cent, GGG
This build is still viable in 3.8, right?
"
Shakmin wrote:
This build is still viable in 3.8, right?

Sure, some minor nerfs but still pretty viable.
"There's no thing like random one-shots in this game. You only die because you take 353,456,237 hits in 0.2 seconds."

"The best items in the game should not be crafted, they should be TRADED." - Cent, GGG
Bump.gif

Will we have an updated version? I'm still following and it is still amazing!!!

Hope someone can show the dual +3 wands in action, if that is possible.

Does Hunter's Gambit passive benefit Chaos DoT wielding Bows?

Also, what are some good anointment targets for Blight? Do Avatar of the Hunt or Aspect of the Eagle benefit bow cast spells? Constitution seems GG but expensive.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info