The Frontier Mystery Box

MTX are fine.. but please stop with the gambling-loot-boxes.
You are a part of a biiig problem.
Stand out from the crowd, and stop putting money before the well being of your fans/players.
https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/21/loot-boxes-part-of-growing-child-gambling-problem-reveals-uk-study-8164308/
Last edited by Eliasdk on Jun 12, 2019, 3:19:52 PM
Just bought 12 boxes for support and stuff but also was expecting some new cool shiny pixels. Sadly, I literally got the Wild Dash effect 4 times (!!!) and the Gold Rain hideout effect three times. I know it's RNG and all but I now feel really demotivated to ever buy another Mystery box for the sake of supporting GGG, as there isn't any way I could exchange all my duplicates.

Feeling scammed in a way, although I realize it's my own responsibility. Won't touch Mystery boxes anymore.

Edit: Typos
Last edited by roboqrt on Jun 16, 2019, 6:56:25 AM
"
MackBesmirch wrote:

But I'm not really seeing another Wraeclastian civilization drawing heavily on North American indigenous motifs in a way that would justify feather headdresses and dreamcatchers in-game. Like I have no problem with fictional civilizations taking inspiration from real-world cultures -- be it Maori to Karui or Ancient Rome to Oriath -- but the North American First Nations inspired stuff feels a little tone-deaf to me... additionally, as stated above -- the context is also problematic.

Always remember: GGG is not north-american but resides on the other sides of the world. What is tone-deaf for a north-american might be good natured fun on the other side of the globe.
2 boxes = 2 scorpions
rip
2 boxes = 2 scorpions
rip
I know this is quite late and most likely no one will read this, but I wanted to say thank you to everyone at GGG for this HUGE update to mystery boxes.

The original idea of combining separate sets into a "chase" third set was a good idea to combat the issue of duplicates but exacerbated the issue that many people suffer from, gambling. Also this idea allowed you to convert your first (1) duplicate by sacrificing another item (0).

This new form not only takes care of duplicates with a less aggressive incentive to gamble (by simply changing the color of the item), but ALSO makes it so that your first (1) duplicate creates a new item! That means that your second (2) duplicate will be the original item again which you no longer have. You would have to get three (3) duplicates, FOUR (4) of the same item to actually land a duplicate!

One thing that I didnt notice until last nights stream is that the combined items are the color scheme of the opposite armor set!!! Meaning if you are missing the helm of one set and have two (2) helms of the other set, you can combine them to match! This really seems simple, but this is an amazing idea.

Low key though, Im not sure if anyone there considered gambling addiction outside of legal repercussions, but I love that instead of triggering people with a "chase" set to increase your revenue, you convinced the rest of us to buy more mystery boxes due to making the chances of getting something we want higher =)

Im really proud to tell people that GGG is my favorite company and that Path of Exile is my favorite game. I really am!

D_Dae
this is one of the best best music i ever heard in my life
"
Ant1m1nd wrote:
"
SunsetVista wrote:
"
Well, putting Native American cultural imagery in gambling loot boxes is a bold move in 2019. Good luck.

This. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised after the Nazi-themed Oriath box. Pretty bad taste. Doesn't make me want to give you money, GGG.

This, very much this. My family's culture is not a costume. What's next, a blackface MTX? It's exactly the same thing. Even worse in the "cowboys and indians" setting. What gave you folks the impression that genocidal MTX is ok? Because you did it before and you got away with it so why not do it again!

Are you guys serious? You're complaining about "genocidal MTX" in a game about slaughtering literally everything you interact with? If you don't want to play a game where the bad guys wear costumes that are slightly reminiscent of nazi costumes, then you should probably stay away from all war-inspired games. Why not complain about how poorly they are represented in other media? They need to find inspiration for costumes somewhere, they don't just come out of thin air. Why anyone is offended by this is honestly beyond me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info