[3.13] Berserker Cyclone RT Axe Impale Full Physical - Cheap, SSF friendly

Where are you getting all your Int and Dex from?

Dex: 112
Dex Required: 155

Int:44
Int Required:117

How and where do you make that up? your skill tree doesnt touch any int or dex nodes?

EDIT: Alright i see the devotos, and +20 dex node, but still missing alot of Dex and Int.
Last edited by xBeWarned on Jun 11, 2019, 2:36:00 AM
I'm running a dual wield sword variation of this build. Can anybody look at my profile and recommend next upgrades, or changes I should make to my tree?

Thanks! I'm having fun and doing pretty good damage, just trying to figure out what I should do next, other than round out my life on the tree. I've got about 100c to spend.

Upgrading my weapons would probably be nice, but it's super hard to get rid of the 36% attack speed/+8 block chance on the prismatic eclipse, or the crit chance/multi on the scaeva. Maybe I don't need to yet, just wondering.
IGN: SirCritoris
"
xBeWarned wrote:
Where are you getting all your Int and Dex from?

Dex: 112
Dex Required: 155

Int:44
Int Required:117

How and where do you make that up? your skill tree doesnt touch any int or dex nodes?

EDIT: Alright i see the devotos, and +20 dex node, but still missing alot of Dex and Int.
That's an issue indeed. A bit intensive on the gear for that. I myself got a Daresso's Salute which doesn't help as the amulet is the best piece to get stats. You could even go with an Astramentis to be fine but that's not really reasonable. For the dex at least you can solve that easily. For the int, you'll have to get some on your items.
Not taking into account the amulet because the BiS is Daresso's Salute, you'll need either 2 t2 or at least 3 t5 int affixes. 3 t5 being easier because you'll be able to craft that. And if a few points are missing, you can still get a stat affix on a Jewel eventually.

For now, i had too weak rolls on my gear for the stats, so i took a few stats nodes in the tree.
"
Nahsil wrote:
... [see above]
Your best bet would be to check others guides going melee crit dual swords, i'm sure there's a few. I can't really help in there, i never did a crit build as a melee character afair.
Last edited by Harest on Jun 11, 2019, 4:58:55 AM
Btw, just realized you're recommending the use of Infused Channeling. This gem isn't working for physical damage at the moment, as you can check on the Known Issues forum thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1733474

It still provides defense, but doesn't seem like it's worth a gem slot in cyclone at the moment.
Chris Wilson took my soul
"
DanutMS wrote:
... [see above]
Hum, interesting. For what i read i thought it was an issue with the physical keyword and so only the part with Infusion and/or the defensive buff weren't applied.
The DPS tooltip in-game with or without Infused Channeling seems to follow that and it gets updated with the gem socketed. But when i've Infusion on, the tooltip DPS doesn't increase indeed.
It should be fixed soon anyway.
"
Harest wrote:
"
DanutMS wrote:
... [see above]
Hum, interesting. For what i read i thought it was an issue with the physical keyword and so only the part with Infusion and/or the defensive buff weren't applied.

Hmm, you might be right.
Chris Wilson took my soul
I like so much to play zerker(dunno why :D) but please tell me - why zerker instead slayer?
And what do u think about end game(shaper is possible obviously, what about uber elder and UZ)
"
slowhands wrote:
... [see above]
Berserker offers more damages, while Slayer offers more AoE. We already have several ways to get a decent AoE. It's personal preference.

Also, when you look at the Slayer, it's more based for crit builds, or at least non RT. You could take RT as a Slayer but you wouldn't use the Impact node fully.
As i said in a previous message when we asked me "why not Champion?", and one of the reason is i don't want to bother with accuracy and crit on gear, in SSF. We also already need quite some stats on the gear, atm i'm using 5 additional nodes to get them.

For the Uber Elder, it'll mostly rely on the current gear you've, decent life rolls or not, etc. And obviously if you know how to deal with it properly, it's not an easy fight without an insane gear.
Not sure what you're refering to with "UZ", maybe the Legion boss with the 5 armies? I have no info on this one yet.
Last edited by Harest on Jun 13, 2019, 11:17:01 AM
Thanks for the time and energy into making this build. It has been treating me well thus far! Cyclone is probably my favorite melee skill, and I needed an excuse to play Zerker.

I have to ask: why Vulnerability over Punishment? POB seems to think Punishment is better, the bleed damage increase isnt much, and we already have perma-maim.
Last edited by Kosmicosis on Jun 13, 2019, 11:30:55 AM
"
Kosmicosis wrote:
... [see above]
No problem. I'm also having a blast with the build. My first cyclone build was in Breach with Ngamahu and worked very well, i had the chance to loot both the axe and the blessing of xoph with xoph's heart. I later did a cyclone build but didn't work well, don't remember what i did wrong. But now with all the new gems we've, it's great even with not very good gear.

Good question. First i'm currently using Enfeeble because i feel like we're good damages-wise. But most importantly, back when i tried Punishment on another "melee" build (Reave i think?), i didn't get the Punishment enough to justify it. I wasn't getting hit enough while clearing. Punishment is for sure a far better option though on paper. The issue mostly come to the fact you need to be hit twice : one to trigger the curse, one to trigger the curse effect.
If you or anyone want to test this and tell me how it goes. Otherwise i can still add a note in the build for it.
Edit : I forgot one important thing which is also part of the Punishment issue, you get the buff from melee hits only.
Last edited by Harest on Jun 13, 2019, 12:05:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info