3.7| Stress Free PoE - COLD HEARTED CURSER |Clear the Atlas w/ YOUR Items @ YOUR Pace (SSF & Co-op)

Hey there!

Just wanted to keep you up to date about my progress. I had a bit of trouble with my resistancies after killling Kitava for the 1st time but now I'm okay with most of them and just successfully mastered the cruel lab for the 2nd two ascendancy points! I can now curse hex-proof enemies, yay! ^^

As a whole this build works really, really well! I got two of three curses set up including the spells and it's working perfectly now. I get one-hitted from time to time when I manage to blink myself into the middle of a crowd of enemies that deal elemental damage but thats more my own incapability in play style than a problem of this build. xD I'm also a bit low on life yet but that hasn't been much of a problem so far.

Gee, that's it from me for now. I'm in act 8 now looking forward to act 9.

Cheers, mate! Keep up the good work! :)

P.S.:
About the Chaos Inoculation node on the skill board... take it as soon as possible or better keep it for later? And also, why the Clarity auro not above level 4? Because of mana reservation?
Last edited by PrincessOfAsgard on Jun 17, 2019, 5:29:12 PM
"
Hey there!

Just wanted to keep you up to date about my progress. I had a bit of trouble with my resistancies after killling Kitava for the 1st time but now I'm okay with most of them and just successfully mastered the cruel lab for the 2nd two ascendancy points! I can now curse hex-proof enemies, yay! ^^

As a whole this build works really, really well! I got two of three curses set up including the spells and it's working perfectly now. I get one-hitted from time to time when I manage to blink myself into the middle of a crowd of enemies that deal elemental damage but thats more my own incapability in play style than a problem of this build. xD I'm also a bit low on life yet but that hasn't been much of a problem so far.

P.S.:
About the Chaos Inoculation node on the skill board... take it as soon as possible or better keep it for later? And also, why the Clarity auro not above level 4? Because of mana reservation?

personally I switch to CI when I have about 4k ES. try allocating it, and if you realise you're dying MORE than if you're not, just de-allocate it ^^. as for clarity, are you referring to when it's equipped as a LL version? if yes, then the level of clarity just depends on how much life you have left to reserve (blood magic + 50% aura like male/hatred + clarity). if not to be used for LL, then probably it's levelled to a point where it doesnt reserve too much mana (allowing for other skills to be used), but also high enough to provide sufficient mana regeneration (in a case where it's better than not having clarity).
"
spudboy1999 wrote:
First off, thanks for all the work you obviously have put into this build. If possible, could you break down the choices on the tree by levels? What I mean by this is lvl 30 looks like this, lvl 50 looks like this and so on. I am really enjoying the build so far and this would help me alot. And yes, I know its spoon feeding, but it would help me and hopefully others out alot. Thanks again for all the work you've done.
Hey spudboy1999,

Thanks for the thanks! It is a lot of work but it's great to see it being helpful to some...and enjoyable for others.

I don't typically do tree breakdowns cause I kinda want new people to read the nodes as they come and pick what they think works for them. They have the tree but they can also live and learn. But I'll meet you halfway ;). My personal path is this:

I take every nodes in the sections I pass. I don't save any for later or rush to any early. I even take CI as soon as I come by it.

I do the middles section first, then the East side, then the North, then the South (saving the Foresight cluster for last).

I know this isn't what you were looking for but does it help somewhat? Some guidance, some choice. And thanks again for the thanks.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
SonsOfKorhal wrote:
"
Chokiito wrote:
"
Merilia wrote:
I've been enjoying this build a lot. One thing I struggle with a bit is activating the big general dudes who like to live towards the edge of the armies when you activate monoliths (the league mechanic). Generally by the time I get to the outer edges and even find them, I have only a few seconds left, and it's difficult to damage them quickly enough. The fact that they're frozen (not triggering any curses) is probably not helping me. How do other people deal with this issue? Am I missing something obvious?

The build its just not good for the league mechanics(monoliths and timeless conflicts), it's a slow and countinuos damage dealer.
Honestly it's a good league starter and great for some Endgame grinds, but not fast enough for this league.

if you stack enough damage on vortex itself it's definitely not an issue. I just turn on vaal cold snap and run around and everything melts. (although at this stage of the league for the rare mobs in the monolith I have to put a vortex down. if I used my synth character there's definitely enough dps).
Hey Merilia,

This build does have slow damage when we don't have our curses on the enemies. I typically play Standard and don't plan any of my builds around league mechanics. So in a league where we aren't getting hit for a timeframe, it does kinda suck when you finally find a General.

The above suggestions were good. Another way to improve damage quickly with this build is to dual wield wands. You could also replace your weakest gem in your 5/6 link (Hypothermia or Arcane Surge) with Concentrated Effect Support. You damage would go up substantially. Just make sure you're staying alive.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Spoiler
"
SonsOfKorhal wrote:
"
Hey there!

P.S.:

personally I switch to CI when I have about 4k ES. try allocating it, and if you realise you're dying MORE than if you're not, just de-allocate it ^^. as for clarity, are you referring to when it's equipped as a LL version? if yes, then the level of clarity just depends on how much life you have left to reserve (blood magic + 50% aura like male/hatred + clarity). if not to be used for LL, then probably it's levelled to a point where it doesnt reserve too much mana (allowing for other skills to be used), but also high enough to provide sufficient mana regeneration (in a case where it's better than not having clarity).
Hey PrincessOfAsgard,

Thanks for the update and the thanks! I'm glad it's going well!

I take CI as soon as I come across it. Really early. Most don't like to but it's fun and exciting :).

Clarity at level 4 because with no items equipped, our mana regen with Clarity 4 would be 65 mana a second. A 6 link Vortex would also cost 65 mana a second with a 1 second cooldown. So it works perfect.

I'm really glad you're liking it. Feel free to give suggestions or pointers to the build or guide! Thanks again for the kind words.

Annnnnd

Hey all,

I didn't see any in the last couple pages, but I did want to make a quick post for anyone that was struggling a bit. I love Wrecker's concept of letting people live and learn, but I was also struggling a LOT with that pesky time frame between damage and my ES recharge starting. I had way more deaths than usual (this is my first ES character ever, usually do life based) and found that I was really struggling with this difference between life regen that I'm used to and ES regen with the lag time...

so if you're struggling with this as I was, I will tell you that the Watcher's Eye with ES gained for each enemy hit while discipline is on was GAME CHANGING for me. It's a bit spendy, around 1.5-2 ex right now, but the rest of this build is so cheap, I felt fine splurging.

"
SonsOfKorhal wrote:

I'm not quite sure right now what "LL" means but yeah, it was about the mana reservation I figured. Thanks a lot for your very detailed explanation, mate! :)

"
Hey PrincessOfAsgard,

Thanks for the update and the thanks! I'm glad it's going well!

I take CI as soon as I come across it. Really early. Most don't like to but it's fun and exciting :).

Clarity at level 4 because with no items equipped, our mana regen with Clarity 4 would be 65 mana a second. A 6 link Vortex would also cost 65 mana a second with a 1 second cooldown. So it works perfect.

I'm really glad you're liking it. Feel free to give suggestions or pointers to the build or guide! Thanks again for the kind words.

Yes, that was it! Thank you so much! I'm not sure though if I'm going to take the CI node any time soon. The build works really awesome at the moment but my resistances aren't perfect yet and I might just want to keep it for later when I have more life on my character.

Besides that I decided that I wanted to try your marauder build aswell for this season. I'm already so advanced with the witch that I'm positive to reach the endgame with her within the next two or three days. I'm up for new stuff! Also, I am super excited for your upcoming two builds! I'll keep myself updated on those aswell! ^^

"
aces2323 wrote:
Hey all,

I didn't see any in the last couple pages, but I did want to make a quick post for anyone that was struggling a bit. I love Wrecker's concept of letting people live and learn, but I was also struggling a LOT with that pesky time frame between damage and my ES recharge starting. I had way more deaths than usual (this is my first ES character ever, usually do life based) and found that I was really struggling with this difference between life regen that I'm used to and ES regen with the lag time...

so if you're struggling with this as I was, I will tell you that the Watcher's Eye with ES gained for each enemy hit while discipline is on was GAME CHANGING for me. It's a bit spendy, around 1.5-2 ex right now, but the rest of this build is so cheap, I felt fine splurging.

Thanks! That's really helpful! I'll keep my eyes open for some watcher's eyes. :)
Last edited by PrincessOfAsgard on Jun 18, 2019, 4:57:11 PM
"
"
SonsOfKorhal wrote:

I'm not quite sure right now what "LL" means but yeah, it was about the mana reservation I figured. Thanks a lot for your very detailed explanation, mate! :)

LL means Low Life. this happens when you equip a shavronne's wrappings and DO NOT go CI.

you end up having life, while chaos damage does not bypass ES, and use that little amount of life (about 1.5k) to reserve (using blood magic) for auras (that boost your dps/survivability).

"
aces2323 wrote:
Hey all,

ES on hit watcher's eye used to be really really expensive, so to snag them at 2ex is cheap as hell. I currently am using a faster start to ES regen. when I started the build as an occultist I could stack it up to about 110%, meaning that the recharge would kick in after as short as 0.9s.

I would say the above would be BIS for dps builds, and if you're running LL, you want both hatred+malevolence. alternatively, (as I am playing trickster and will not be using shavronne's wrappings), you could use the following amulet (way more expensive but allows you to use any 6L chest - better min max

if you are concerned with ES regen/recovery, there are other ways to gain them (without using watcher's eyes), here are some suggestions.

the idea is to stack some useful enchantment lines that work well with your ZO (if you have it), as well as lines that help in regeneration/leech, or even straight up recovery on kill. this way you can free up your watcher's eyes mods if you wish to do so
Thanks so much for the build and guide it's really sweet! I'm probably a moron and it's covered in the guide but I did have a question about damage.

Normal and blue mobs die pretty fast but yellow mobs can take a minute. Granted I'm only level 43 right now and haven't even ascended once. I'm also still using a unique weapon I found levels ago.

What I'm wondering about is how to do you increase the damage to Vortex? Do I just need to level the gem or will getting a newer weapon with better damage stats affect it?

Sorry I'm just a little confused with PoE and how weapon stats affect spell damage, be it damage over time or instant.

Thank you guys and gals!
Hello there. I am a new player that started this league. I love this build (bcs I am a lazy bastard) and its going good. 3 labs later and almost 6k es I feel pretty good with this but I have no idea to which weapon I should upgrade. I use Spine of the first claiment + es shield and I don't know for which stats I should look for that are better than that scepter. Would love the help!

Cheers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info