3.7| Stress Free PoE - COLD HEARTED CURSER |Clear the Atlas w/ YOUR Items @ YOUR Pace (SSF & Co-op)

"
Besides that I decided that I wanted to try your marauder build aswell for this season. I'm already so advanced with the witch that I'm positive to reach the endgame with her within the next two or three days. I'm up for new stuff! Also, I am super excited for your upcoming two builds! I'll keep myself updated on those aswell!...
Sweet! I hope you like it! The Block Happy build is going SOOOOO much better than I thought it would. It's so mindless and strong. At level 78, I couldn't die in T15 maps...I couldn't kill anything mind you as I need a big weapon upgrade...but I'm excited to get the guide out. I'll likely wait until the next league to get the Caustic Arrow character going. I want to see what the Raider changes will be in 3.8.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Risenzealot wrote:
Thanks so much for the build and guide it's really sweet! I'm probably a moron and it's covered in the guide but I did have a question about damage.

Normal and blue mobs die pretty fast but yellow mobs can take a minute. Granted I'm only level 43 right now and haven't even ascended once. I'm also still using a unique weapon I found levels ago.

What I'm wondering about is how to do you increase the damage to Vortex? Do I just need to level the gem or will getting a newer weapon with better damage stats affect it?

Sorry I'm just a little confused with PoE and how weapon stats affect spell damage, be it damage over time or instant.

Thank you guys and gals!
Hey Risenzealot,

You're very welcome! I'm glad you like it. If you have suggestions for it or if it's missing anything, please let me know.

You're not a moron at all. This build specifically gains a HUGE % of damage from the Ascendancy nodes you mentioned. Vortex does get really strong as it levels. But you'll likely run into similar situation against rares once mapping too (though not as bad). That's because when I saw how good the damage this build does with all the Ascendancy nodes working together, I was able to put a lot more ES% on the passive tree instead offense.

Make whatever changes you feel are fit though. Everyone has different playstyles and preferences. I focused this build around Vortex's Damage Over Time damage. So even though the initial explosion Vortex does damage you'll benefit more from gear that helps the DoT of Vortex.

So look for items that Increase Cold Damage, Increases Spell Damage, Increases Damage Over Time, Increases to Cold Damage over Time Multiplier...etc. (Something that Adds Cold Damage is only for Attacks even though it doesn't specify. Adding Cold Damage to Spells does apply to spells, but only applies to Hits the spell does. Which isn't our focus. So look for INCREASES, not ADDS.)

Does that help?

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Jun 19, 2019, 3:15:21 PM
"
JavierDark wrote:
Hello there. I am a new player that started this league. I love this build (bcs I am a lazy bastard) and its going good. 3 labs later and almost 6k es I feel pretty good with this but I have no idea to which weapon I should upgrade. I use Spine of the first claiment + es shield and I don't know for which stats I should look for that are better than that scepter. Would love the help!

Cheers.
Sweet! Hey JavierDark,

Welcome to PoE. It sounds like you're doing really well for a lazy bastard ;)! I'm glad you're liking the build! I hope you learn lots from it. If you think the guide is missing anything, let me know.

In terms of damage, I focused this build around Vortex's Damage Over Time damage. So even though the initial explosion Vortex does damage, you'll benefit more from gear that helps the DoT of Vortex.

So look for items that Increase Cold Damage, Increases Spell Damage, Increases Damage Over Time, Increases to Cold Damage over Time Multiplier...etc. (Something that Adds Cold Damage is only for Attacks even though it doesn't specify. Adding Cold Damage to Spells does apply to spells, but only applies to Hits the spell does. Which isn't our focus. So look for INCREASES, not ADDS.)

Your weapon is pretty strong for sure but it could be improved upon as well. So just keep your eyes open for a wand (or 2 if you want to dual wield) that deal more than the 50%+35%=85% increased damage your weapon does.

Does that help? If I missed the mark, let me know and I'll try again.

Thanks for the kind words.

Annnnnd

Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Jun 19, 2019, 3:23:45 PM
Cool, I thought the wording was important somehow. xD That clears it a little, I ll look for something. :) Thanks for answer and if I can bother you, on maps (t6-9) I sometimes take a lot of time to kill a boss, like a 1-2 min. I dont mind it but wanted to ask if it is normal or did I fck sth up?
"
JavierDark wrote:
Cool, I thought the wording was important somehow. xD That clears it a little, I ll look for something. :) Thanks for answer and if I can bother you, on maps (t6-9) I sometimes take a lot of time to kill a boss, like a 1-2 min. I dont mind it but wanted to ask if it is normal or did I fck sth up?
You likely haven't screwed anything up at all. This build's primary damage boost (besides weapons) comes from the Ascendancy nodes. So if you haven't killed any enemies within the last 4 seconds or don't have the boss cursed, it will take a little longer. That being said though, with this build's setup, if the enemy isn't cursed, it's because you're not getting hit. So that's good. if you like the setup of the build but still want more damage, dual wielding wands is the easiest change to make without sacrificing any concepts the build provides.

But make ANY changes you like. Once your 4th lab is done your damage will improve as well.

Annnnnd

Actually Raiz stream chat just explained to me that 5 levels of difference with yellow mods is not a good idea.. welp, I do white maps now and it is easy af. Guess I ll be a newbie a little bit longer. xD

Thank you very much for quick and amazing support. :)
apart from 5/6 linking vortex (and getting gems to lvl 21/20), a large proportion of dps also comes from your ancillary spells. they are: (i) bonechill (ii) frostbomb (iii) frostbite. the other 2 curses in this build are defensive in nature.

on item choices, for shield, a good ES shield is fine. for weapon, spine of the first claimant is a really good entry level weapon, I used it for awhile before getting a cheap "trigger socketed spell" rare, before moving onto a multi-modded end game wep.

trigger socketed spell is not compulsory for how wrecker plays his vortex, but for me, it's a QOL feature that helps apply other buffs/debuffs to myself/enemies. (I apply frostbomb and frostbite via this, and apply bonechill via cold snap, and gain EO+EE via storm brand).

sample of my legion wand and synthesis wand.

a rule of thumb for dps is that CDOT multipliers usually give the most dps (under similar tier of mod rolls). but as wrecker of days has said, in general just grab dps where you can get, and as you see fit, and after playing a lot more you'll have a better idea of how the build works and the mechanics behind them.
"
"
Risenzealot wrote:
Thanks so much for the build and guide it's really sweet! I'm probably a moron and it's covered in the guide but I did have a question about damage.

Normal and blue mobs die pretty fast but yellow mobs can take a minute. Granted I'm only level 43 right now and haven't even ascended once. I'm also still using a unique weapon I found levels ago.

What I'm wondering about is how to do you increase the damage to Vortex? Do I just need to level the gem or will getting a newer weapon with better damage stats affect it?

Sorry I'm just a little confused with PoE and how weapon stats affect spell damage, be it damage over time or instant.

Thank you guys and gals!
Hey Risenzealot,

You're very welcome! I'm glad you like it. If you have suggestions for it or if it's missing anything, please let me know.

You're not a moron at all. This build specifically gains a HUGE % of damage from the Ascendancy nodes you mentioned. Vortex does get really strong as it levels. But you'll likely run into similar situation against rares once mapping too (though not as bad). That's because when I saw how good the damage this build does with all the Ascendancy nodes working together, I was able to put a lot more ES% on the passive tree instead offense.

Make whatever changes you feel are fit though. Everyone has different playstyles and preferences. I focused this build around Vortex's Damage Over Time damage. So even though the initial explosion Vortex does damage you'll benefit more from gear that helps the DoT of Vortex.

Does that help?

Thanks so much I’ll look out for that gear and complete my ascendency!
Just want to let you know that I love your builds and realy hope to see some more of them!
Your Vortex build is so nice to play, just need to get better stuff with more ES. ^^
This looks like another interesting build from you. :)

1. What skill do you like to use before Vortex is available? I usually level with Firestorm but it looks like a cold spell would be better with your passive tree.

2. I've never played an ES build. Do you pick up most of the ES nodes first before getting CI and Wicked Ward?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info