[3.7] Reave/Bflurry Claw Berserker | Budget Friendly | Instant Leech | Uber Elder Vid Up!

"
rotheee wrote:
i played BF before but in that league its a pain !

if i mouseover a mob while BFing .. my BF stucks and it stops following my mouse

i have no idea why is that since 3.7 .. its not the known issue where BF doesnt stop to channel .. i just cant rotate anymore :(((

Yep, Bladeflurry doesn't work as smoothly as it used to, probably (hopefully) due to a bug. This league has been very buggy, so fingers crossed that GGG is able to fix things as the league goes on (and hopefully they don't take too long). Bladeflurry still works well enough for me however, you just need to forget about being able to rotate it just whirling blades to reposition (and in turn "rotating").

"
Is there any way to make this build tanky? Would using a shield help alot?

I find this build already quite tanky with instant leech, high asp, blind, enfeeble on hit (if you can afford the ~30c for such a tombfist) and a solid life pool (at lvl 92 with average gear, I'm at 6.4k). A shield would reduce our tankiness, as it would massively lower our damage/asp, which means killing hard rares/bosses slower, which means more likely to die.
I am sitting at 5.67k hp right now with a 5L Belly. Sitting at 4 attacks per second in hideout, in combat and mapping I've seen it up around 5.7aps. Still need to get that higher somehow.

I am able to facetank just about anything right now, but I just got into red maps, so some map bosses I do still have to dodge certain things.

I am unsure whether to go for the Tombfist with Enfeeble now or try and get better rings/amulets/belts first though since that would allow me to drop the 2 +30 int nodes and 1 +10 int nodes I have on the tree.

I am working towards the Forceful Skewering node right now as I've finished the scion life wheel and have Phase Acrobatics.
Last edited by Windfuriouss on Jun 14, 2019, 3:38:36 PM
"
Windfuriouss wrote:
I am sitting at 5.67k hp right now with a 5L Belly. Sitting at 4 attacks per second in hideout, in combat and mapping I've seen it up around 5.7aps. Still need to get that higher somehow.

I am able to facetank just about anything right now, but I just got into red maps, so some map bosses I do still have to dodge certain things.

I am unsure whether to go for the Tombfist with Enfeeble now or try and get better rings/amulets/belts first though since that would allow me to drop the 2 +30 int nodes and 1 +10 int nodes I have on the tree.

I am working towards the Forceful Skewering node right now as I've finished the scion life wheel and have Phase Acrobatics.

One thing I'd recommend you do ASAP is to roll your flasks. Try to roll a bubbling life flask of staunching on your life flask. What I recommend is to buy a bubbling life flask from poe.trade, then craft the staunching suffix using beastcrafting. Also, get freeze immunity on one of your flasks, either diamond or silver. The ideal prefix for those two are increased duration. Before rolling your diamond flask, make it 20 quality (use glassblower's on it while it's white). And remove the 2nd life flask and add in a jade flask, or a basalt.

Besides that, focus on removing the need to get int from the tree. Try to get a total of ~45 int from your amulet, and one ring with ~25 int. That should be enough. You don't need to spend much on these rares, don't worry too much about getting added phys damage/crit chance etc, just try to at least get 30% crit multi on your amulet as well.

Oh, and start getting jewel slots. Focus on getting the three jewel slots ASAP, and keep a live search open for decent jewels (I have a search in the guide that should work well). These jewels add both life and damage, and are the most efficient use of points.

On the attack speed front; according to your PoB, with blitz/Rage/silver flask your asp is hitting 9. Don't worry about tooltip stuff, your asp is more than fine. And with regards to your tree, I wouldn't go for forceful skewering quite yet, that's more of a level 95+ node to aim for. Path through to the Assassination nodes, there you'll get attack speed, crit, and life, much more important than more impale imo.
Last edited by an1drag0n on Jun 14, 2019, 4:24:34 PM
I finally can afford a Tombfist with Enfeeble. But I still have a 5L Belly, I'm wondering if a 5l belly is still better than a 6l rare that's okish, meaning 60-70c rare 6l. That 37% max life is kinda helping me reach 6.1k life right now.
Been having a lot of fun with this. The switchover from Cyclone to Reave feels really bad until you get Aspect of Carnage to improve kill speed and Whirling Blades + Blood Magic to improve move speed.

I was having a heck of a time with mana sustain... until I noticed I'd forgotten to take Soul Raker. Problem instantly fixed.
"
Windfuriouss wrote:
I finally can afford a Tombfist with Enfeeble. But I still have a 5L Belly, I'm wondering if a 5l belly is still better than a 6l rare that's okish, meaning 60-70c rare 6l. That 37% max life is kinda helping me reach 6.1k life right now.

A 6l chest w/ 80+ life roll worked really well for me.

"
AtlasJackson wrote:
Been having a lot of fun with this. The switchover from Cyclone to Reave feels really bad until you get Aspect of Carnage to improve kill speed and Whirling Blades + Blood Magic to improve move speed.

I was having a heck of a time with mana sustain... until I noticed I'd forgotten to take Soul Raker. Problem instantly fixed.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it!
Got a stupid question. It seems like the percent max life on Tombfist doesn't add all that much compared to my +84 life gloves. I'm at just under 6k life without my gloves on if I were to put Tombfist on.

Also, how would I tell POB to calculate the X level enfeeble corruption on Tombfist so I can see what the dps would be in there.
Hello,

I have read that you lose an impale stack if you hit an enemy with impale stacks but you don't apply impale with that attack. What I'm getting at is that with the blade flurry version of this build I was at 92% impale chance. I have changed the tree slightly to get 102% (The 2% is from banner with 20% quality) and some more impale effect nodes. Question is, do you think this is worth it?

It's hard to tell if it's worth it because PoB doesn't calculate impale.
"
_Midas wrote:
Hello,

I have read that you lose an impale stack if you hit an enemy with impale stacks but you don't apply impale with that attack. What I'm getting at is that with the blade flurry version of this build I was at 92% impale chance. I have changed the tree slightly to get 102% (The 2% is from banner with 20% quality) and some more impale effect nodes. Question is, do you think this is worth it?

It's hard to tell if it's worth it because PoB doesn't calculate impale.

Impale is definitely worth it, at least according to multiple calculators that I've tested out (here's one: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MXHOqMHwn377zP2tHFHQBbE9Fuxv7oYDiY6ezR2T_SU/edit?usp=sharing) download this and edit the copy, you can see how much impale increases your dps.

I myself have 100% impale chance & more effectiveness as well, due to crafting my claw with the impale veil & getting the two impale effectiveness nodes instead of the 10% chance to impale. Getting the claw craft means we don't need to grab forceful skewering, so I highly recommend trying to get such a claw for endgame.
Well I got lucky with picking up a jewel.

16% crit chance with 1 handed melee
10% melee crit chance
6% life
+2 life gained on hit

Finally got a Tombfist, was 80c and it's a level 11 enfeeble not 12.

I did go back to Impale support in my 6l so I'm at 90% to impale with main and off hands.
Last edited by Windfuriouss on Jun 17, 2019, 2:27:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info