Latency problems on Japan realm

I am from the Far East. On the login screen, ping to Japan 45. When I move to another location, ping 350+. After updating the location (with ctrl) ping again 45. Sometimes I update a location several times. This happens randomly. GGG, do something.
PS: sorry for my English.
"
AntonyR28 wrote:
I am from the Far East. On the login screen, ping to Japan 45. When I move to another location, ping 350+. After updating the location (with ctrl) ping again 45. Sometimes I update a location several times. This happens randomly. GGG, do something.
PS: sorry for my English.

See the posts above yours.

TL'DR - It's because GGG use Google Cloud for additional server capacity. The ~350ms latency happens when you get a location being hosted on Google. Right now, for me anyway, it happens a lot, makes the game unplayable.
"
Kellog wrote:
"
"
Check the IP address of the instance with the ~400 ping. If it's googleusercontent.com it's the problem described above.

so what? Is there no solution, and you just have to endure? when can the server be unloaded, I understand correctly?

The best solution for all of us in the Far East is what you're asking for in your signature, a return of a localised server, either Khabarovsk or Vladivostok. I wrote to Chris a couple of weeks ago and he asked for details of hosting providers here. He said GGG would investigate.

Same problem. Played from Vladivostok, Primorskiy Krai, Russia.
Normal ping in Japan realm = 45-50, but on different location ~400.
Russian Heisenberg
"
Win32Trojaan wrote:

Same problem. Played from Vladivostok, Primorskiy Krai, Russia.
Normal ping in Japan realm = 45-50, but on different location ~400.

I've had to stop playing for now. Never knowing whether the next instance will be 40 or 400ms is just not working and playing on Moscow with ~120ms the game just feels 'sticky' and unpleasant.
Hi2all. Any solutions?
Russian Heisenberg
Lots of latency issues here as well on the Australian realm. 35ms is the norm for me. I get that in some areas, but in other areas the latency spikes to ~170ms and spikes over 400 when in combat.

The game is frustrating to play at the moment as there is alot of rubber-banding.
"
Win32Trojaan wrote:
Hi2all. Any solutions?

Wait for lots more people to stop playing the league (fewer people playing = fewer Google connections) or play Moscow.
waiting for people stop playing is not solution imho
Russian Heisenberg
Japan has been unplayable for the entire league, we must stop purchasing supporter packs until GGG actually makes the game playable.
"
Win32Trojaan wrote:
waiting for people stop playing is not solution imho

It's not, but unless GGG either stop using Google or set up regional load balancing for Google cloud in Europe, we're stuck with it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info