no

Why is Impale support listed as 6th, aka least important gem in a 6-link setup? I've read about all the craze about impale, and even you said that it is great, so it is surprising to me that you listed it as last.
thank you! very nice build!

i'll keep checking this thread.
"
Volband wrote:
Why is Impale support listed as 6th, aka least important gem in a 6-link setup? I've read about all the craze about impale, and even you said that it is great, so it is surprising to me that you listed it as last.

I believe other gems are more useful for general clear (impale doesn't really scale well while clearing packs) and provided more utility.

Close Combat gives us faster leap slams,

Fortify gives us a defensive boost,

Multistrike helps with attack speed.

Accidentally answered twice.
Last edited by UlyUly on Jun 7, 2019, 4:30:19 AM
"
Volband wrote:

Impale is ~32% more damage from the impales, but over time, add the 15% more to that from the gem itself and you get 47%. Melee physical is 49% more damage instantly. Which is better? And melee phys is not even used yet in the suggested links. Actually impale, if you dont scale it more from ascendency or other nodes/items, should be like the 8th or 9th gem. Impale is alos terrible on mapping.

I would use Blade storm -> brutality | pulverize | melee phys | multistrike | fortify.

If you dont want the more defensive fortify, you should replace it with close combat. Impale, no.
Last edited by Timmen00 on Jun 7, 2019, 6:11:30 AM
"
Timmen00 wrote:
"
Volband wrote:

Impale is 40% more damage, but over time. Melee physical is 49% more damage instantly. Which is better? And melee phys is not even used yet in the suggested links. Actually impale, if you dont scale it more from ascendency or other nodes/items, should be like the 8th or 9th gem.

I would use Blade storm -> brutality | pulverize | melee phys | multistrike | fortify.

If you dont want the more defensive fortify, you should replace it with close combat. Impale, no.

Our basic impale is equal to 24% more damage (dread banner + impale on weapons, 40% chance 20% impale effect)

With Impale support, our overall impale damage rises to 72% (80% chance, 79% impale effect).

172% / 124% = 1,38 -> therefore we get 38% more damage because of the 'increased effect of impale' and 'chance to impale' from that support.

It also has 15% more physical damage on it, which means: 1.38 x 1.15 = 1.59 -> overall damage increase from using this gem is 59% More Damage for our build.

Last edited by UlyUly on Jun 7, 2019, 6:13:19 AM
"
UlyUly wrote:
"
Timmen00 wrote:
"
Volband wrote:

Impale is 40% more damage, but over time. Melee physical is 49% more damage instantly. Which is better? And melee phys is not even used yet in the suggested links. Actually impale, if you dont scale it more from ascendency or other nodes/items, should be like the 8th or 9th gem.

Our basic impale is equal to 24% more damage (dread banner + impale on weapons, 40% chance 20% impale effect)

With Impale support, our overall impale damage rises to 72% (80% chance, 79% impale effect).

172% / 124% = 1,38 -> therefore we get 38% more damage because of the 'increased effect of impale' and 'chance to impale' from that support.

It also has 15% more physical damage on it, which means: 1.38 x 1.15 = 1.59 -> overall damage increase from using this gem is 59% More Damage for our build.

Hey thanks for responding. I see the 20% from dread banner, you get an extra 20% from weapons you say? Where can I see that?

EDIT: I guess you mean only with the crafted weapons. Ofc when u count those, and count 100% uptime on dread banner, impale does become better. But even then it is pretty darn close to melee phys damage. 49% always or 59% when u do 5 more hits. Is really only good for bosses.
Last edited by Timmen00 on Jun 7, 2019, 6:32:12 AM
Dont you think slayer is the better choice ?
"
Timmen00 wrote:

Hey thanks for responding. I see the 20% from dread banner, you get an extra 20% from weapons you say? Where can I see that?

EDIT: I guess you mean only with the crafted weapons. Ofc when u count those, and count 100% uptime on dread banner, impale does become better. But even then it is pretty darn close to melee phys damage. 49% always or 59% when u do 5 more hits. Is really only good for bosses.

Yeah, I assumed the crafted weapons.

Dread Banner is permanent to be honest, as we never intend to place it.

I don't think this build needs clear damage since white monsters will likely get one tapped anyway, so I went for the more single target damage.
"
arcadiyan wrote:
Dont you think slayer is the better choice ?

Well, that's up to you. I prefer Berserker because of high speed and leech.
Slayer has better Area of Effect and Slayer Cull, which is a nice thing to have. I wouldn't say any of these is better, they are different.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info