An Update Regarding Delve and Betrayal Content

I guess this is how they tell us that lag will be here in 3.7
Glad to hear you're planning on a 3.8... I'd be tempted to say "to hell with all you all."
"
Rawrasawr wrote:
Please don't screw up Delve...best part of POE.

Also please don't screw up Betrayal, best part of PoE (for people who don't like to trade just to play the game).
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on May 29, 2019, 8:08:27 PM
Should just give a players to opt out of intervention encounters.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
So for Betrayal that means it won't be included right? Since its laggy and broken and boring as fuck?

Put the recipes in Delve, hell put the old masters back in and it would be far better.
Page 4!
didnt think delve had any issues guess there will be more issues to come. betrayal is ok no problems either except when u say u fixed some latency issues with betrayal but was only after the patch , just need betrayal of syndicate encounters to be more frequent for players that have lives outside the game it is near impossible to get crafts needed for a build that is decent. so making a build to reach endgame and to triumph over endgame content requires too much from syndicates they just dont spawn enough and they dont reward enough so the crafting recipes is the reason to even succumb to there encounters at all. alva is just a side quest mission type thing its a pain and great for experience but rewards are like nothing to be all hyped about, delve is slow but works great just need more niko encounters to sustain but experience doesnt feel all that great for how difficult it is compared to alva. i do respond like this take time to do it right and make it pleasant to play rather than a rush i can handle big download update than ruin my play time with latency and encounter spawn rates , just makes it frustrating. in the end i say this hype for the taking of time to address all issues and improve game play along with quality
https://www.twitch.tv/bigbubbajukes
crap time to play a block build again to survive betrayal shit
my english sux.
"
DonTheMage wrote:
I was really hoping the fix for Betrayal was getting rid of it. I hate it with the fire of a thousand suns, and it gets forced on you when you don't want it in the first place.

Please, please, please give us an opt-out to the Betrayal mechanics/content. I can choose not to Delve ... but I can't choose not to get lagged to death, sucker punched and generally locked out of a quarter of some maps due to the Betrayal mechanic.

I really liked it back in the league when you quit going into the hideouts, you could just ignore it. Bring that back ... please!

It really is crap... It adds nothing not sure why they keep forcing it on us. When you ask people who defend it all they can point to is the recipes and loot drop - as if that couldn't be moved to something else.. If you look at every single league they are all far more interesting or straight forward then suddenly a few months ago they drop the shitty board game and death penalty league.
I really appreciate the honesty. My favorite part about my current job is how much our director prefers honesty.

With that said, can you please allow us to favorite a master? I really think this will solve all issues.

By favorite, I mean the following. If I recall correctly, the 5 masters have a 8% chance to spawn in a map (ignoring dailies). If we favorite Alva, it would up her chance to spawn to 20% and the remaining masters would be reduced to 5%. This way the total remains at 40%. The numbers can certainly be adjusted to whatever people at GGG feel is needed to keep things balanced. Furthermore, reducing the total chance to something below 40% as a "penalty" for favoriting a master would also be acceptable.

Issues it solves:
1. People complaining they are having trouble unlocking betrayal-based recipes (this ups the spawn rate and thus also items to unveil).
2. People complaining about betrayal lag, this reduces the number of encounters (an extra solution would be to make the favorited master show up 30% of the time and 0% for all others, thus completely removing betrayal for those that really despise it or the lag).
3. Makes all the div cards, that spawn in the temple only, to be more properly target-farmable.
4. People who want to delve more without having to deal with trading for sulphite scarabs (without ruining the market for them).
5. Minor rant: I REALLY miss the old bestiary where we could target farm some beasts. This would at least allow us to focus more on beastcrafting recipes.
6. People having trouble progressing though maps could favorite Zana.

If my original numbers are off, just adjust them.

Other people have had a similar idea, and I am a bit confused why this hasn't been implemented yet. Seems like a quick solution that has little to no downsides, and the economy can even things out if need be.
Last edited by Deadseeds on May 29, 2019, 8:26:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info