[3.7] Cyclone CwC Blade Vortex CI Trickster

"
thedeathbeam wrote:
"
Frascione wrote:
Damn... I've always kept the supporting skills with the same lvl req as cdwt :S.

Anyway do u think Immortal Call is still the better choice for cwdt with the changes?

Yeah, it is still basically 25% damage reduction for 2 seconds, so its pretty good.

Is steelskin potentially better? Immortal call doesn't seem nearly as strong anymore now that it doesn't block 100% damage; death comes from one shots not sustained damage. Steel skin should give a bit of buffer as you leech / regen from consecrated ground.
Hi! Thank you for this awesome build.

This is just an idea, but what would you think about getting rid of the whole "Foresight" route after "Energy from Within" jewel and three skill points for "Utmost Intellect".

Instead, we put these points in "Charisma" and "Revenege of the Hunted" + the skill slots near "Charisma" for another "Energy from Within." We also take each mini node right after "Soul Thief" and "Revenge of the Haunted".

We don't lose much ES, but we can put another aura or Herald of Ice for more DPS and +6000 Evasion. we end up with 10001 ES from your PoB.
Is this degen from siphonic charges DoT damage?
"
imaikenta wrote:

This is just an idea, but what would you think about getting rid of the whole "Foresight" route after "Energy from Within" jewel and three skill points for "Utmost Intellect".

Instead, we put these points in "Charisma" and "Revenege of the Hunted" + the skill slots near "Charisma" for another "Energy from Within." We also take each mini node right after "Soul Thief" and "Revenge of the Haunted".

We don't lose much ES, but we can put another aura or Herald of Ice for more DPS and +6000 Evasion. we end up with 10001 ES from your PoB.

Well thanks, might do something like that but instead of herald of ice i would like to use flesh and stone. i feel like the damage is nice i'd rather have the defence from that one. allso having smashing strikes feel very nice if you ask me the endurance charges are very welcome, but doing that as well will sacrifice about 1k ES. i don't know if it can work like that but i'll try atleast and see(still new to the game haha).
Last edited by Phrimo on Jun 16, 2019, 2:33:07 AM
could you explain to me how to craft that sceptre? it doesnt allow me to craft cold dmg % on it.

Rarity: Rare
Brimstone Smasher
Void Sceptre
--------
One Handed Mace
Physical Damage: 50-76
Critical Strike Chance: 6.20%
Attacks per Second: 1.25
Weapon Range: 11
--------
Requirements:
Level: 68
Str: 104
Int: 122
--------
Sockets: R-B R
--------
Item Level: 85
--------
40% increased Elemental Damage
--------
Gain 19% of Elemental Damage as Extra Chaos Damage
Can have multiple Crafted Modifiers (crafted)
49% increased Spell Damage (crafted)
Gain 4% of Non-Chaos Damage as extra Chaos Damage (crafted)
--------
Shaper Item

it tell me "this item already has a mod of this type"

the only other usefull prefix it lets me craft is 55-66% spelldmg
Last edited by greath555 on Jun 16, 2019, 3:38:05 AM
Swapped belt and shield to

and

respectively.

Pros: moar damage (but not as much as w/ pre-fix Light of Lunaris), moar move speed, moar es, no need to overcap resistances and curse maps don't bother you.
Cons: less block, no abyss jewel, price.
"
Phrimo wrote:
Would it be possible to implement Flesh and stone into this build, how would you go about this. nice build btw, have been having a blast although i have been having a bit of issues with survivalbility sometimes. i just went for the smashing strikes talent in the passive tree, gonna see how that goes.

TLDR: If you would implement Flesh and stone+Smashing strikes for staves how would you go about it?

I dont think Smashing strikes is worth it at all, i wouldnt go for it.

For some survivability improvments for the build, definitely check out Ekkekko's replies for HC modifications of this build, the changes he did are pretty good.

"
IFollowYou wrote:
"
thedeathbeam wrote:
"
Frascione wrote:
Damn... I've always kept the supporting skills with the same lvl req as cdwt :S.

Anyway do u think Immortal Call is still the better choice for cwdt with the changes?

Yeah, it is still basically 25% damage reduction for 2 seconds, so its pretty good.

Is steelskin potentially better? Immortal call doesn't seem nearly as strong anymore now that it doesn't block 100% damage; death comes from one shots not sustained damage. Steel skin should give a bit of buffer as you leech / regen from consecrated ground.

Nah, Steelskin is way worse, unless you want to self cast it. Low level Steelskin is basically unusable.

"
imaikenta wrote:

That sounds interesting, but for that, I would probably rather just drop minor nodes around Foresight, more evasion is not *that* valuable in this build. But the Energy from Withing and revenge of the hunted idea is still interesting, I will experiment with it

"
ILIAS wrote:
Is this degen from siphonic charges DoT damage?

It is physical DoT. So for example Ralakesh pantheon works really well to mitigate it a bit.

"
greath555 wrote:
could you explain to me how to craft that sceptre? it doesnt allow me to craft cold dmg % on it.

Rarity: Rare
Brimstone Smasher
Void Sceptre
--------
One Handed Mace
Physical Damage: 50-76
Critical Strike Chance: 6.20%
Attacks per Second: 1.25
Weapon Range: 11
--------
Requirements:
Level: 68
Str: 104
Int: 122
--------
Sockets: R-B R
--------
Item Level: 85
--------
40% increased Elemental Damage
--------
Gain 19% of Elemental Damage as Extra Chaos Damage
Can have multiple Crafted Modifiers (crafted)
49% increased Spell Damage (crafted)
Gain 4% of Non-Chaos Damage as extra Chaos Damage (crafted)
--------
Shaper Item

it tell me "this item already has a mod of this type"

the only other usefull prefix it lets me craft is 55-66% spelldmg

You are right, sorry, it was supposed to be `Add X cold damage to spells`. Updated the PoB.

"
Grizone wrote:
Swapped belt and shield to

and

respectively.

Pros: moar damage (but not as much as w/ pre-fix Light of Lunaris), moar move speed, moar es, no need to overcap resistances and curse maps don't bother you.
Cons: less block, no abyss jewel, price.

Honestly, the block part of the shield was never really a focus, Light of Lunaris is just damage :d

But yeah, Coward's Legacy + Reflection is definitely good damage combo for people who want to optimize the build's damage output.
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
So everything kills this character, poison, bleeding, ignite, physical damage, It is super squishy. The Staff build isn't good. I have 6200 ES and die on low lvl yellow maps, The ES leach is not enough to compensate.

Please check my items/build and tell me what can I improve.
"
fizo1 wrote:
So everything kills this character, poison, bleeding, ignite, physical damage, It is super squishy. The Staff build isn't good. I have 6200 ES and die on low lvl yellow maps, The ES leach is not enough to compensate.

Please check my items/build and tell me what can I improve.

You are not using Jade flask, what is pretty big for this build, because it improves ghost shrouds and also dodge chance.

Poison isnt doing anything to you because you are CI.

With Disintegrator, you should either self cast purifying flame or run it in CWDT setup.

Your arcane surge is level 19, what basically means that it is never active.

Chaos Golem will just kill you in maps that have monsters with extra chain unless you go with appropriate Pantheon.

If you are worried about survivability, you can switch to shield version, but, even the staff version should be more than fine on 6K ES.
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
Was putting together the staff version and ran into a possible issue

channeling cyclone doesn't seem to be generating or maintaining siphoning charges. I dont think im missing any skill that would be spammable while cycloning to generate charges but I could be wrong any advice?
Last edited by Pheerless on Jun 16, 2019, 2:41:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info