Boss Fight Improvements in Path of Exile: Legion

Kitava NEEDS to scream louder
"
FourthSnake wrote:
And what about rewards?
Bosses have to be the most difficult part of a map, and 99% of times we don't get rewarded to kill them.

The new mobs drop loot when killed.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
My prayers have been heard!
I'd asked for these maps to have these changes long ago when they changed the boss fights for Desert Spring and Summit!
While many people are claiming that they should just remove the phases, I disagree. Variety is good, choices are good. The problem was that maps with phases were strictly worse, but now that they have a reward for the long boss battles you can make a meaningful choice.
If you want a map with no boss phases just Shape/Elder your favorite.
phase bosses fine,
adding mobs - sure ok

but the big problem with bosses is that they do not drop enough loot to begin with.

they need a massive increase in loot potential and many more good uniques need to be added to the game and put behind a boss.

they also need to give much more experience
Last edited by nadakuu on May 24, 2019, 7:24:26 AM
"
nadakuu wrote:
phase bosses fine,
adding mobs - sure ok

but the big problem with bosses is that they do not drop enough loot to begin with.

they need a massive increase in loot potential and many more good uniques need to be added to the game and put behind a boss.

they also need to give much more experience

This !
PoE is getting beautiful again.
Buff map drops from bosses 500% nerf map drops from other mobs 40%. This fixes everything. If you want loot you kill the mobs on the map if you want xp you kill the mobs in the map. If you want to sustain you kill the map boss. No one is running to the boss just to get a map drop and skipping everything else which is what GGG is afraid of.

And then I would see a map drop off of a boss more than once every 200 maps.
I would like to see more unique items get buffed and only dropped from certain bosses. So that the boss fights are more rewarding, and unique are not just thrashes like in current situation.
First time I have ever been suprised by you GGG!
Yummy flask charges! :D
:O

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info