Boss Fight Improvements in Path of Exile: Legion

I still feel that multi-phased bosses should be reserved for 'significant encounters' like act bosses, special rare content like unique maps, or built-up apex content at the end of a process like shaper or atziri - but have no place in 'routine' grind-based content like regular maps that make up the core base-level gameplay loop.

Phased content is supposed to be special. Having to face something going all one-winged angel, but in a generally unthreatening yet annoying way, every time you try to cross the street to pick up a jug of milk is just poor game pacing. I really don't understand how the devs don't see these bosses as a game tempo/pacing problem at a fundamental level for the content they are being used in.

But since GGG feels strongly about forcing these square pegs into the round holes of normal map boss roles, having rewarding add phases is certainly an improvement over the current abysmal state of affairs for them.
Last edited by GoldDragon32 on May 23, 2019, 10:03:28 PM
YES, BUT WHAT ABOUT SHAKARI?! She'd probably win any competition for the community's least liked boss, likely competing only with the Tormented Temptress from the Whakawairua Tuahu map.
Last edited by Exile009 on May 23, 2019, 10:12:01 PM
The best improvement would be to just remove immunity, it's an unnecessary waste of the player's time.
Immunity phases have no place in fast paced grindy game like POE.
the right solution to the problem is to just remove them for anything that isnt in the acts or endgame bosses.

immunity phases in T1-16 maps is stupid.
there is no challenge to kill the boss and no buffed rewards.
most people just ignore those bosses since the amount of time it takes to kill them is sometimes the same as running the whole map.

if you want to slow the pace of mapping, make the bosses more significant and harder to kill, with better rewards ofcourse.

another easy solution is to make the phases trigger by 2 conditions.
1. HP bar - what we have now.
2. time.

like, the condition to enter the phase will be:
HP hits 75% AND 5 seconds passed.

that way weaker characters wont really notice the difference but people that can kill the boss fast wont be locked into phases resulting in wasting time.
movement skills looks good for melee and a lot of attack speed.

But, casters will still have to only flame dash around? ¬¬"
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on May 23, 2019, 11:17:47 PM
"improves item rewards"

What is that? Oh yes its a joke as always.

Boss loot is terrible in POE
To Die Is Not An Option, To Fight Until DIESync Is The Only Answer. ☺☻☺

Happy Hunting Exiles.
"
HybridBoy wrote:

most people just ignore those bosses since the amount of time it takes to kill them is sometimes the same as running the whole map.

this
Mirror of Kalandra?
"
imLuCaSsS wrote:
movement skills looks good for melee and a lot of attack speed.

But, casters will still have to only flame dash around? ¬¬"

The new dash skill isn't tied to melee.
I really am getting amped up for the next league. The changes you have showcased so far are great!
If kitava (map version) still grabbing sin/innocence there is no improvement.

And make boss CWDT + Immortall Call to have cooldown.

Then it will be OK.
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
Last edited by wilcovie on May 24, 2019, 12:06:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info