[3.11] SUNDERMAN BUILD (Fast ClearSpeed + Labber + Super EZ + Endgame) (Gladiator)

So I'm not a total noob to POE but I do like to follow builds for a smooth leveling experience. Would you be kind enough to explain the lvl 45 passive tree a little bit? Like which are the important nodes to get and what order so we can rush those and get the secondary nodes after. The trees after that dont need much explanation.
Last edited by Vindicit on Sep 27, 2019, 5:58:26 PM
"
Vindicit wrote:
So I'm not a total noob to POE but I do like to follow builds for a smooth leveling experience. Would you be kind enough to explain the lvl 45 passive tree a little bit? Like which are the important nodes to get and what order so we can rush those and get the secondary nodes after. The trees after that dont need much explanation.

I edited lv45 passive tree a bit(Also lv60 one). I removed all the quest bonuses after act 4 for it and added a note under it. These new trees will be more realistic for levelling. It also has 14 nodes less now(don't have bonuses until act10).

For the important notables; the most important is Resolute Technique keystone for Sunder, because at lower levels its not easy to have enough accuracy, so RT will help a lot in that matter and make levelling much smoother. So we need to get there as fast as possible, of course having enough DPS and life nodes on the way. This new lv47 tree has important ones only until RT(eg. skipping way that leads to Constitution, skipping Blade Barrier, etc.) Other important notables than RT are: Art of the Gladiator because it ignores armor penalty and has good attack speed, Slaughter for Onslaught and extra attack speed. Here these attack speeds are important for improving Leap's speed as early as possible.
𝐀 𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒐𝒍𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠❢ 𝐡𝐭𝐭𝐩𝐬://𝐢𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐡𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐭.𝐧𝐞𝐭 🪽
𝐌𝐲 𝐇𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝: /𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝/𝟑𝟒𝟖𝟑𝟔𝟔𝟓
𝐌𝐲 𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝 (𝐔𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝑺𝒐𝒐𝒏): /𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝/𝟑𝟐𝟔𝟑𝟗𝟎𝟔
𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧/𝐋𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐛𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐝 | 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐝: 𝐩𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐬𝐮𝐬𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐇𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐈𝐫𝐨𝐧 𝐇𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝟓-𝟔-𝟕-𝟗 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐰 #𝟏𝟐: /𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝/𝟑𝟒𝟒𝟕𝟓𝟕𝟑
Last edited by PegasusRideR on Sep 29, 2019, 3:38:49 PM
HI =)

I love your Build, its simple and efficent, iam no friend of million interactions^^

I played more than 5 Caracters but this is the Best.

Your Description is straight and easy to understand, however i have 3 Noobquestions ><

1. I looked uo your SunderChamp and i found your SecondHand Weapons/Gems and i have absolutly no Clue whats the Sense/PLaystyle with it.

2. I bet its a stupid Question, but where is the Vaal Ancestral Warchief Spell?
I have no Gem Slot free and you have a "combo" Ancestral Warchief Gem.
i diddnt played 5 Leagues, did they fuse the gems or you only mean switch between regular and vaal version of this spell?

3. I said hello today in a corrupted yellow maze of the minotaur map ( fair mods nothing superevil thingy^^). Mobs melt down in 1 second ( cur have 860k dps) but i got 3 times oneshooted atboss and only had like 5 seconds to actually damage him and in this time he lost 40 % hp ^^ is there something you would suggest an noobplayer to switch in your sunderbuild to have a better chance against t16 boss? ( yes sir next time i will play with a little more braincell-action and dodge the spells ;D )

Whoever is slow or lazy , take this Build. Its Easy and a "No Brainer" but make a ton of fun ;D

i love this Build !

"
GarenSpin2Win wrote:
HI =)

1. I looked uo your SunderChamp and i found your SecondHand Weapons/Gems and i have absolutly no Clue whats the Sense/PLaystyle with it.

2. I bet its a stupid Question, but where is the Vaal Ancestral Warchief Spell?
I have no Gem Slot free and you have a "combo" Ancestral Warchief Gem.
i diddnt played 5 Leagues, did they fuse the gems or you only mean switch between regular and vaal version of this spell?

3. I said hello today in a corrupted yellow maze of the minotaur map ( fair mods nothing superevil thingy^^). Mobs melt down in 1 second ( cur have 860k dps) but i got 3 times oneshooted atboss and only had like 5 seconds to actually damage him and in this time he lost 40 % hp ^^ is there something you would suggest an noobplayer to switch in your sunderbuild to have a better chance against t16 boss? ( yes sir next time i will play with a little more braincell-action and dodge the spells ;D )

Hi. Many thanks for your nice words and glad you're enjoying the build! Just checked your char, it's going pretty good so far. Only need couple of changes. I'll try to explain questions one by one.

1) Weapon-wise, "Insufficient mana doesn't prevent your melee attacks" mod on Soul Taker gives us the ability to use all our 4 buffs(Hatred, Arctic Armour, Blood and Sand, Dread Banner) and still be able to attack indefinitely.
Gem-Wise, Blood Rage is kind of an active buff, which lasts 19 seconds with Increased Duration Support. It gives good amount of attack speed and life leech at the cost of little life degen, which we have no problems bc of having more than enough life regen.

2) You just corrupt a regular Ancestral Warchief gem or buy Vaal Ancestral Warchief gem from trade(all Vaal ones are "combo"). Vaal version itself gives both Vaal and normal versions of the skill. So you can put both to different buttons and use normal version when Vaal one is not available. Ofc Vaal version is on another level and will help a lot on bosses.

3) I think fights are getting too long that's the problem. Vaal Ancestral Warchief is really important on bosses and makes killing a lot faster. If still not enough, try to get some Physical Damage on rings and amulet. You can get a Steel Ring for double Physical Damage. But your DPS seems high enough for many of the endgame bosses. Also don't forget to keep Blood Rage on all the time(this is really important as you don't have life leech on gear) and be sure you're in Blood Stance when bossing. As well Sand Stance when clearing.

There is one more thing. you're using Meta Gear version's setup for Leap Slam and Ancestral Warchief gem setups but don't have Faster Attacks support neither on Gloves as Elder mod or as a support gem connected to Leap Slam. That and "More Attack Speed" elder mods(and little more from Culling Strike) grant the said leap slam speed difference in Meta Gear version. But here without having Faster Attacks, you're slowing down leap speed a lot. So you just need Leap Slam, Faster Attacks and Endurance Charge on Melee Stun support here(switch Leap to weapon), because you'll also be needing more Vaal Ancestral damage on bosses because DPS is still not super high. So 4-socket on Vaal Ancestral Warchief having Maim support added will help more there. After these changes, bosses will become cake for you:)
Last edited by PegasusRideR on Oct 5, 2019, 3:04:58 AM
Thanks a lot for helping out =)

i will improve all things step by step ^^

Now my Improvelist can go on and on, thanks Sir Sunder !

PS: ok iam sure i forgot to switch to bloodstance ><

PPS: What Spells you would advise in the switching weapon slots?
Till now i only have Portal for the laziness.
Do you have something else that you like to put in the bad weapons that can
be switched?

Just tried that Corrupting, thats really a nice "new" idea, didint heared of that because of that long break

OK switched Leap-endurance charge on stun+ faster attacks sup to weapon,
the vaal one with maim, but which other 2 support gems?
have ice bit culling strike bloodlust and melee physical damage.
Which 2 spells i use with vaal and maim?
I bet its logical to see but my small brain cant handle it
Last edited by GarenSpin2Win on Oct 5, 2019, 9:55:17 AM
"
GarenSpin2Win wrote:
PPS: What Spells you would advise in the switching weapon slots?
Till now i only have Portal for the laziness.
Do you have something else that you like to put in the bad weapons that can
be switched?

Tbh I haven't thought about swapping weapons, I'm mostly levelling enlightened gems on second weapon set and corrupting them. But please post here if you come up with an idea!

"
GarenSpin2Win wrote:
OK switched Leap-endurance charge on stun+ faster attacks sup to weapon,
the vaal one with maim, but which other 2 support gems?
have ice bit culling strike bloodlust and melee physical damage.
Which 2 spells i use with vaal and maim?
I bet its logical to see but my small brain cant handle it

Main Hand Weapon: Leap Slam + Faster Attacks Support + Endurance Charge on Melee Stun Support
Gloves: Vaal Ancestral Warchief + Melee Physical Damage Support + Maim Support + Bloodlust Support.
Same one as Required Gear setup:)
Hello, thanks for your guide! It was such a smooth experience so far, although now I have 3 Questions:

1.Why did you go for “Forceful Skewering” the meta PoB? Have you considered “Gladiator’s Perseverance”? Like many posting here, I’m not too experienced with PoE so I was wondering how Impale is better here.

2.Why do you consider Belly of the Beast as essential? I bought this body amour for 1 ex, which gives me 95 hp less than a BotB. A six-link BotB cost around 2.3 ex, so why go for such an expensive body?

3.Is block chance really such an important defensive stat? I have discussed this with my friends and I’m curious about your thoughts about this!

Thank you again for making this build. Ever since I started PoE sunder was my favourite and being able to play it in maps is such a joy!
Hi. Thanks, nice to hear it's been a good experience for you. Sunder is my favorite skill almost since I started playing this game too:) For the questions,

"
grh142 wrote:
1.Why did you go for “Forceful Skewering” the meta PoB? Have you considered “Gladiator’s Perseverance”? Like many posting here, I’m not too experienced with PoE so I was wondering how Impale is better here.

Impale's mechanic is kind of different than any other damaging mechanic and pretty complex to calculate. Efficiency-wise I can say it's pretty op for single targets and builds having fast attack speed. Here's a link about how impale works in details:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/bxf4vk/impale_is_actually_insane_now/

Also Pob still can't calculate it, even almost 10 months after it's implementation. So any other damaging node will seem more powerful than Impale nodes there. I mean we're all papers and pens here about this. We can only tell by exact numbers when these calculations can be done. There's an updated version of pob made by a guy called LocalIdentity which has partial impale support. But it doesn't affect the DPS outcome yet. It calculates multistrike correctly though:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/deon82/localidentitys_path_of_building_v141514_fork/

Gladiator's Perseverance is more of a leech node. Can replace Carnage Heart amulet or can replace leech on rare amulet so no need to get leech on gear. I just changed the tree 15 days ago. On the old tree, Gladiator's Preseverance was far away, now it's on the way. Will definitely think about getting it replacing another notable, but not with Forceful Skewering. With Dread Banner and Forceful Skewering combined, we have %40 impale chance. If you want to get Forceful Skewering, I recommend getting Swift Skewering instead because on your tree it's on the way and it's better than Forceful Skewering.

"
grh142 wrote:
2.Why do you consider Belly of the Beast as essential? I bought this body amour for 1 ex, which gives me 95 hp less than a BotB. A six-link BotB cost around 2.3 ex, so why go for such an expensive body?

EDIT: Tested a couple of rare chests and watched the market for 2 days. I'm planning to keep on using belly for the build, because 145 max life and %17 increased max life rare chest only increased my health by 109. Lower ones reduce the health and mostly same price as belly averagely. Here belly comes out as a cheaper alternative when it comes to comparing a belly and a rare chest's price that results in same health and close resists. But since it worked for you, I added rares as an option to the gear and gems in guide. So it's not essential now. Thanks for the idea!

"
grh142 wrote:
3.Is block chance really such an important defensive stat? I have discussed this with my friends and I’m curious about your thoughts about this!

Block is another layer of protection to Dodge and Evade as you probably already know. It's one of the best things a Dual Wield Gladiator does defensively. We have %31 chance to block so it's pretty nice I think. And thinking we don't have evasion, I think it's good to have block for a little bit more tankiness. If you can be more specific about why do you think having block is a loss here or can be replaced with something else, then I may be able to provide a better answer:)
Last edited by PegasusRideR on Oct 23, 2019, 9:32:59 AM
I wasn’t sure about the “defensive-impact” block chance could have. I don’t have the experience to value it right, but I guess it is worth it. Although I’m not quite sure if Aspect of the Panther is good enough for the allocation slot. Did you consider Rampart for that? You need a golden oil but it’s a powerful node in both defence and offence and not easily to get to with this tree. I’m also contemplating to replace Sanctity with Soul of Steel, since it boosts elemental- and physical damage reduction considerably better.

"

EDIT: Tested a couple of rare chests and watched the market for 2 days.

Did you search for chests with “Socketed Gems are supported by level 1 Maim” making it a 7-link? These body-amours are quite expensive, but I guess worth it for meta consideration to replace the BotB. I would understand meta as going all-out while still being realistic.

Just my ideas for further improvements. Thanks for clarifying the impale mechanic! I wouldn't have considered it being this powerful!
"
grh142 wrote:
Although I’m not quite sure if Aspect of the Panther is good enough for the allocation slot. Did you consider Rampart for that? You need a golden oil but it’s a powerful node in both defence and offence and not easily to get to with this tree. I’m also contemplating to replace Sanctity with Soul of Steel, since it boosts elemental- and physical damage reduction considerably better.

Rampart is much better in terms of attack speed and damage. But the problem is all bonuses gets to sunder hits because that's how we have Fortify. After 3.7 with the addition of Challenger Charges, most of the attack speed started to come from kills meaning sunder hits. Which made us leap slow when not having charges for example when we need to move in places where there are no mobs anymore or when playing with a full party(everything dies fast), or when labbing(almost no use of sunder so no fortify). Tbh, I don't want to tie more attack speed to hits(onslaught is tied to kills too btw again meaning sunder hits), actually looking for ways to get even more attack speed, but surely it can be replaced with Rampart for %31 more dps and a little more attack speed, or you can also pick Master of Force for %86 more dps compared to Panther. It's also cheaper too.

For Soul of Steel, 3 points are needed to spent to get it but Sanctity is just on the way. So we need to sacrifice 2 more passive points to get it.

"
grh142 wrote:
Did you search for chests with “Socketed Gems are supported by level 1 Maim” making it a 7-link? These body-amours are quite expensive, but I guess worth it for meta consideration to replace the BotB. I would understand meta as going all-out while still being realistic.

Our attacks actually maim on hit thanks to Blood in The Eyes ascendancy. But still "Supported Skills deal 15% more Physical Damage" on level 1 maim will apply as a bonus here which is pretty good. Prices seem pretty expensive in league, and more expensive in standard even when compared to bellies having increased damage implicits. And this is for items which will result in health loss compared to bellies(ones without health loss are crazily overpriced), but I want to check the market for a longer period of time to see if this change will be possible to put into build guide. But it seems as a good option if looking for more DPS at the cost of some life.

EDIT: Those chests seem pretty expensive to make it to the build guide. But it seems I will get one for myself.

I have to say majority of the people I talked about the build were doing different things when I checked their profiles. I think it has to be this way. Build guides are mostly balanced for everybody, and it's better when each player adapts the build to their like/playstyle rather than doing everything same as in the guide.

Many thanks for all your ideas:)
Last edited by PegasusRideR on Oct 23, 2019, 5:40:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info