[3.6-3.7 (Planned Update for 3.16) HC] Trickster DOT totems. Solid Clear, Fast leveling. Videos

I will start with this build too:The bow jugg build made me love poe..
I think this build will be very fun to play too:)

See you in game Orion:)
See you in game! Here's hoping it goes well for us both.
-O
Hi any updates on the build how it feels etc?
First update, little over 24 hours played.
Build is going fantastic--just hit lvl 88 and have made it down a bit below 100 delving so far. A couple of changes to leveling were necessary, since Asenath's is so rare now it may as well not exist in hc.

Early leveling was done with self cast blight, followed by ED/contagion until lvl 24. Then Bane>Temp chains>Despair>Cont dest through most of the acts, supplemented with self cast single bullet ED for bossing and 1 soulrend totem once I got Rain of splinters. I didn't end up taking ancestral bond until maps, when I finally got a 6L. Then I switched to the regular set up of Soulrend/ED totems. Since I had no despair wand and no asenaths, I used bane to self cast the curses as needed. worked out fine, though a little slower than if you have all the gear ready to go, obv. Finally I crafted a despair wand and i was able to buy a corrupted gloves for the temp chains on hit and was able to drop Bane and play the build properly.

Flame dash has become absolutely amazing. It's so fast that I didn't feel the need to have a CWDT set up at all for the first chunk of the game. Once I ditched Bane, I opted for CWDT (lvl 1)>Vortex>Purifying flame.

Here is my current gear:
Not pictured is a Rain of Splinters jewel and 3 life/res/totem ele res jewels.

I was right that the soulrend nerf doesnt affect us at all. The nerf to spell dodge also seems minor. I definitely DO notice the nerf to ghost shrouds, and we can't just stand in the thick of things like last league. That said, flame dash is so zippy and responsive now that I feel like I've traded up losing the ghost shrouds for the upgraded FD.

Anyway, Legion is being super fun with this build so far. Hope some of you get to try it out.

-O
Last edited by Orion72 on Jun 9, 2019, 6:57:29 AM
I used this build to level this league and it been really fun. It has also carried me to rank 5 depth delver but its starting to struggle with survivability at this depth. In certain encounters, there are just so many mobs its impossible to avoid them all and I just get taken down so easily :(.
What depth are you at/what level is your soulrend/what weapons are you using? You may be trying to descend too fast for your gear. At full build with a level 21 gem and arcane surge up, you can have tooltip DOT dps of>140k. That should be plenty to delve below T16 equivalent depth.

-O

[Edit] I went and looked at your profile and it looks like your legion character is a completely different build, so I have no way to provide any further help.

-O
Last edited by Orion72 on Jun 9, 2019, 12:01:04 PM
And dead to a disconnect crash . . . beyond frustrated right now . . . .
"
Orion72 wrote:
First update, little over 24 hours played.
Build is going fantastic--just hit lvl 88 and have made it down a bit below 100 delving so far. A couple of changes to leveling were necessary, since Asenath's is so rare now it may as well not exist in hc.

Early leveling was done with self cast blight, followed by ED/contagion until lvl 24. Then Bane>Temp chains>Despair>Cont dest through most of the acts, supplemented with self cast single bullet ED for bossing and 1 soulrend totem once I got Rain of splinters. I didn't end up taking ancestral bond until maps, when I finally got a 6L. Then I switched to the regular set up of Soulrend/ED totems. Since I had no despair wand and no asenaths, I used bane to self cast the curses as needed. worked out fine, though a little slower than if you have all the gear ready to go, obv. Finally I crafted a despair wand and i was able to buy a corrupted gloves for the temp chains on hit and was able to drop Bane and play the build properly.

Flame dash has become absolutely amazing. It's so fast that I didn't feel the need to have a CWDT set up at all for the first chunk of the game. Once I ditched Bane, I opted for CWDT (lvl 1)>Vortex>Purifying flame.

Here is my current gear:
Not pictured is a Rain of Splinters jewel and 3 life/res/totem ele res jewels.

I was right that the soulrend nerf doesnt affect us at all. The nerf to spell dodge also seems minor. I definitely DO notice the nerf to ghost shrouds, and we can't just stand in the thick of things like last league. That said, flame dash is so zippy and responsive now that I feel like I've traded up losing the ghost shrouds for the upgraded FD.

Anyway, Legion is being super fun with this build so far. Hope some of you get to try it out.

-O

Love the look of this build - do you have a levelling guide broken down into chunks?
Absolutely try the new Asenath...they are broken: blinds mobs, adds damage, more life and mana...broken for this build. I'm still way behind on progression (I don't have the time to invest) and I'm playing in softcore but the build is a blast to play.
Re Leveling guide:

There is a leveling section in the build guide, but I now understand that it is not valid for day one of a new league. You can still do it for a first build, just not on day one. Friday was the first time I'd tried that and I realized that some of the key pieces of gear are rare enough to just be flat unavailable day one, so the post above is how I improvised until I was able to gather the gear together.

Re-leveling now, and everything is infinitely faster since the basic gear is purchasable. Asenath's has even showed up. It's more expensive, but not completely out of reach (Got mine for around 38c) and I agree that the new version is absolutely broken for this build. Aberrant fossils are also available now and only 1c a piece, and it didn't take more than a few tries to have a decent pair of wands, including despair on hit.

Between my most recent post and the build guide, there should be enough information on leveling, but I'm always happy to answer specific questions as they come up.

-O
Last edited by Orion72 on Jun 9, 2019, 7:27:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info