[3.6-3.7 (Planned Update for 3.16) HC] Trickster DOT totems. Solid Clear, Fast leveling. Videos

Hi guys,

im trying this build, what i just don't get in the description...what is meant with ROS ?

greetings
ROS=Rain of splinters jewel.
Lost another character to disconnect. Probably going offline for a while.
Before it died, made top ten of the HC delve list and was going great. Was using a variant tree specifically for Cloak of Deception. Gear and link to tree are posted below for your reference.

Hope your luck is better than mine.

-Orion

Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/DMfbiMn0

I see this topic died a bit but im still having fun with this build.

About to hit 96 on HC and despite it having not the best single target dps for the league mechanic i have no problems doing t15 or t16.

So gj and thanks for the build.
Hey there

I used this build as a league starter and I'm still playing it. Just got my first ever uber elder kill recently, and overall it's been my favourite build so far since I started 3 leagues ago.

I think I'm a little late with crafting my staff, but I'm finally getting around to it. There was one thing I was wondering about though:

On poe.ninja, almost every single build that has any form of chaos DoTs and uses a staff has Cane of Unraveling. I'm curious about your 2 cents on the item for this build?

Naturally we won't make the most out of more cast speed per power charge since we don't take extra power charges in our tree, but considering it has everything else it seems like an alright item. Would a crafted staff have better stats? Is it worth gambling for good rolls rather than the ~2 ex a 6L Cane of Unraveling costs?
Last edited by Hairknot on Jun 27, 2019, 6:20:55 PM
Hello, does the corpse explosion from asenath gloves inflicts any damage if u have the ancestral bond keystone? Also isnt the mentioned cane of unravelling bis if u can curse despair with witchfire brew flask?

Though I feel mostly done for the league, back for a moment to wave hi and answer a few questions:

1. Corpse explosion from Asenath's: Honest answer is I'm not sure. It seemed to, but we kill things so fast that it may have just been aesthetic rather than functional. Even without that feature Asenath's are either bis or very close to it, after the buff to stats.

2. Super glad that you had fun with the build--96 is a solid place to get to.

3. Re Cane of Unraveling: First gratz on uber elder! Always glad when one of these builds helps someone get a first like that. A 6L Cane is not bad, but it lacks the despair on hit, which is not small for us. Since we are often killing things multiple screens away, withfire brew isn't a great feeling replacement imo. If you were using a 6L cane, you would want to put forth the extra effort to make a despair on hit ring work (I understand these do exist) which will make balancing your rezzes even more challenging, since your other ring is still an essence worm for malevolence. Also, the upper limit for non-chaos damage multiplier and spell damage are higher with a rare staff than with cane. And we don't benefit much from the cast speed once we are at full build. Summing up, there's nothing particularly wrong with a 6L cane, but you can do better for this build with a decently crafted rare staff.

Ongoing best of luck--I'll check back in once in a while.

-O
Last edited by Orion72 on Jun 29, 2019, 3:30:18 AM
"
xprimalfuryx wrote:
does the corpse explosion from asenath gloves inflicts any damage if u have the ancestral bond keystone?

It works. You only notice it if something with a lot of hp dies and wrecks a bunch of low hp monsters around it. I prefer using them over other gloves just for the corpse explosion effect. Don't have to worry about porcupines, etc.

"
xprimalfuryx wrote:
Also isnt the mentioned cane of unravelling bis if u can curse despair with witchfire brew flask?

You can get Despair on Hit on gloves. Asenath's Gentle Touch with the corrupted implicit goes for 1-2ex. It's a good starting point though until you craft an i84 staff.
Last edited by typecast on Jun 30, 2019, 10:38:32 PM
Just wanted to say thank you for the build. Absolutely loving it.
Corrupted AGT with desp on hit definitely best if available for sure.

Most welcome, very glad it is being enjoyed--it's sometimes the simple positive feedback that keeps me returning to the game and trying to craft new builds for y'all. :>

-O

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info