[3.6-3.7 (Planned Update for 3.16) HC] Trickster DOT totems. Solid Clear, Fast leveling. Videos

Semi-newish. Wonder how difficult this build would be if I tried in SSFHC? but I guess that's a pretty broad question.
Re ssf: I think the build would be workable, it would (like any ssf build) simply take longer to grow in power. Moat of the gear can be farmed wither through divination cards or delving. The exceptions are rain of splinters and essence worm, both which are not top tier rare, only somewhat uncommon. Also the ele res jewels, which can be alt crafted.

Give it a try and post your thoughts. I would, myself, be curious as to how that goes.

-O
Just wondering...if I have the gloves with temporal chains on hit and the Malevolence Ring if a dispair on hit wand would still have any effect because of the 2 curses limit?
Malevolence isn't a curse. :)
Your two curses are temp chains and despair.

-O
"
Orion72 wrote:
Malevolence isn't a curse. :)
Your two curses are temp chains and despair.

-O

Thanks for clarifying. I finished Act 10 yesterday and started mapping. Clear speed is really insane especially after the second Ascension. Thanks again for sharing the build. I love it!
Reviewed the 3.7 patch notes. Happy to report that the nerfs do not appear to do this build any serious damage and we even got one buff. The changes are as follows:

1. Ghost shrouds recover half as fast. Given our evasion, it already required poor positioning to find yourself out of ghost shrouds. This nerf suggests taking slightly more care not to charge headlong into the middle of packs . . . which we should be doing anyway (I plan to work on that this league).

2. Less cast speed per ghost shroud. The loss of 18% cast speed at max shrouds affects the build only in the sense that our flamedash speed is reduced a bit. With temp chains on hit running, our soulrend will still have sufficient cast speed to overcome it's duration, which is all the build actually needs.

3. 10% reduced spell dodge. This will increase our damage taken from spells a bit, but we will still have a significant amount of overall spell dodge. I do not anticipate this being a dramatic nerf to our defense.

4. A little extra evasion in exchange for a little less ES on the ascendancy tree. I expect this change to have minimal impact, since we are not particularly ES dependent.

5. Less AOE for soulrend: I was so surprised (and happy) that there was no damage nerf to soulrend I almost fell out of my chair. We'll have to see how the AOE nerf plays out, but given that we generally have 6 projectiles on screen at once, I don't expect it to slow us down.

6. And one solid buff: Asenath's gentle touch now has 60-80 life and 60-80 mana instead of 20-30 of each. This is great defensively, as it should improve the overall ehp of the build by around 200+ for free. Asenath's was already good enough for the endgame. Now there is almost no reason to go with anything else. By my calculations it should perform comparably to or slightly better than a corrupted Shaper's touch. Only potential downsides are if they significantly increased the required level or made these rarer in exchange. We'll have to see once the league starts.

That's it. Build looks like a definite go for Legion. Best of all is that with all the focus on melee, there is some hope that it will remain largely out of the meta, even with this guide up. Good luck!

-O
Last edited by Orion72 on Jun 5, 2019, 12:23:33 PM
With the significant nerf to soulrend is it possible ED/Contagen might be better now?
"
Zalhan2 wrote:
With the significant nerf to soulrend is it possible ED/Contagen might be better now?

dude..really
Ed / con with a 6L blight is super Strong, gonna play it in hc as my starter, to farm starforge and play a Cyclone Slayer :)
Last edited by fabi06 on Jun 6, 2019, 7:15:15 AM
Re ED/con:

ED/con is a completely different build and playstyle. You would not do ED/con with totems. My expectation is that the nerf to soulrend is significant only for self cast and will be virtually irrelevant to this build.

Explaining a little further, the nerf was to soulrend AOE only, which means that each individual cast of soulrend is doing less absolute damage as it travels. For self-cast, this requires more time spent holding still to cast repeatedly, slowing down the clear speed and making soulrend more dangerous to play. But totems avoid those drawbacks, since the totems inherently hold still and keep casting anyway. As long as cast time is < duration (which should still be true for this build post nerf) soulrend will be doing its full dps so long as you have totems up. Nothing about the nerf should slow down the playstyle of THIS build at all. Drop a totem and keep racing forward while it does the work.

We'll see for sure once I have a chance to test. I plan to use this build for my league start. I'll see if I can post periodic updates on my progress/how it feels in legion.

Either way, play whatever sounds fun to you. There's no particular benefit to me in convincing anyone to play my builds. I share them only to give a little back to my community. ;)

-O
Last edited by Orion72 on Jun 6, 2019, 11:26:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info