[3.9] Endurance Charge Jugg

"
Vivan wrote:
Also, the low level molten shell didn't really matter in mapping/delving because I pretty much always had my armour flask up which capped the damage shield despite being low level.

Did you swap out The Wise Oak or Cinderswallow for the armor flask? And which flask was it? Just a granite with extra armor on top? Or something else with extra % armor?

Anyway, I finally managed to kill that 550 deph Aul. Took me around 250 tries. I finally swapped back to the triple Forbidden Taste + Yugul setup for him, as even even my belly of the beast extra life regen from flasks + watcher's eye extra regen from flasks, plus almost perfectly rolled Blood of the Karui(s), plus all the leech and life on hit and regen, was still not enough to recover life fast enough to avoid Aul killing me with 2 hits (turbo and 1 damage mod).

Also I added a culling strike setup in weapon swap. It's nice, the only problem is sometimes it seems like weapon swapping won't work if you're attacking or leaping when you press it, not sure what it is. The other problem is, in order to not reduce my defenses when I weapon swap for it, I added two additional nebulochs in the weapon swap. This means I can no longer use the weapon swap trick to avoid damage from Nebuloch in no regen maps. Perhaps I'll change it to Saffell's Frame + something. Maybe something with Chaos resistance or hits can't be evaded (don't wanna be missing that culling strike hit). For now I have it with leap slam, but any number of skills could be used.
Last edited by merlinbolt on Oct 16, 2019, 6:47:44 AM
I believe it was an Onslaught flask with % armour instead of Cinderswallow back when they were really expensive/hard to get.
I had beaten two grand architects with much ease at around dephs 500+, but that was with no mods. However, even with some minor mods at deph 680 (onslaught, poison on hit and 100% extra damage as lightning), it was necessary to have a way to remove the bleed, since I don't have immunity to corrupted blood.

If you roll an eternal life flask with 34%+ charge recovery or % reduced charges used, and then add bleed immunity to it via einhar, and then select ryslatha instead of ralakesh (sounds counter-intuitive but it works), you will be able to remove the bleed. Just use two blood of the karui and two dying suns along with them, and when the bleed comes, you pop eternal life flask + molten shell + blood of the karui, it should be enough to keep you alive.
deleted
Last edited by xTheFatex on Oct 26, 2019, 2:58:24 PM
How valuable would you say it is to have increased melee weapon range?

This will improve clear as we can cover a greater area without moving, but will reduce our single-target damage due to point blank?

Or is damage not affected since distance travelled by magma ball projectiles is calculated from the point of impact, where the hit takes place (where the monster is, perhaps), and not our position?

Will it perhaps affect leap slam distance also?
Last edited by merlinbolt on Nov 2, 2019, 9:47:10 PM
"
merlinbolt wrote:

This will improve clear as we can cover a greater area without moving, but will reduce our single-target damage due to point blank?

Or is damage not affected since distance travelled by magma ball projectiles is calculated from the point of impact, where the hit takes place (where the monster is, perhaps), and not our position?

Melee range is good to increase the conal of the melee hit so that you can hit more enemies with it, which is amplified by ancestral call making multiples. Granted, it is not a huge increase due to the fact that we aren't scaling the melee hit that much, but it is nice for clear on comparatively low HP enemies.

It does not affect Point Blank. The balls are released in a cluster from the point of impact. The distance they travel from that point is based on the aoe score, hence why concentrated effect is our single best skill gem. Increasing melee range does not increase that distance. Point Blank calculates the distance from the point it was created from, not from your character. So, melee range is a win/win, but its not THAT great of a win unless your build scales melee hard.
Last edited by Vivan on Nov 4, 2019, 2:14:28 AM
"
Vivan wrote:
"
merlinbolt wrote:

Melee range is good to increase the conal of the melee hit so that you can hit more enemies with it, which is amplified by ancestral call making multiples. Granted, it is not a huge increase due to the fact that we aren't scaling the melee hit that much, but it is nice for clear on comparatively low HP enemies.

It does not affect Point Blank. The balls are released in a cluster from the point of impact. The distance they travel from that point is based on the aoe score, hence why concentrated effect is our single best skill gem. Increasing melee range does not increase that distance. Point Blank calculates the distance from the point it was created from, not from your character. So, melee range is a win/win, but its not THAT great of a win unless your build scales melee hard.

Awesome, thanks!

I got some decent gloves with a bunch of melee range plus the +2 to aura gems that I needed. BTW, I noticed that +2 to duration gems or AOE gems also work since our purities also have the duration and AOE tags.

I also finally was able to afford a new non-mirrored helmet, so now I can put the 4-link CWDT-Wave-Curse on hit-flammability there. This allowed me to add culling strike to my leap slam, which also helps by giving it a little attack speed.

I also acquired a wildfire with immunity to corrupted blood, allowing me to use another suffix on my sulphur flask, I put +% armor there for max molten shell effect.

Since I've been delving deep (700ish deph now), I found that I needed more survivability in my flasks, so I replaced cinderswallow and wise oak for sapphire and topaz flasks, to which I added curse and shock immunity. Shock immunity in particular seems very important in deep delves.
Last edited by merlinbolt on Nov 4, 2019, 4:40:24 AM
Cool!
I also found that for regular flasks, the "gain 1 charge when hit by an enemy" prefix is the best for bossing, and should be good enough for clearing too. In high crit zones, the "5 charges when you take a critical strike" mod might be ok, but it seems the other one is better overall.
Last edited by merlinbolt on Nov 6, 2019, 9:38:53 AM
It seems that in deep delves (700ish) we'll have to adjust our flasks and pantheon to the mods. I was doing a 710 deph Lich, and it took me some 70 deaths to finally beat him.

These were the mods:

Spoiler
Shocking ground, monsters have: 68% more life, +362% crit, +41% crit multi, 29% increased damage, onslaught, +2 projectiles, 97% extra dmg as lightning, gain endurance charge on hit, 60% less effect of curses

Because of the high res and reduced curse effectiveness, I tried swapping the regular bossing gem endurance charge on melee stun support, for fire pen. It seemed to increase damage somewhat, but I'm not entirely sure.

Because of the shocking ground and extra dmg as lightning, I had to take at least 3, and ideally 4 (didn't have a 4th) flasks with +1 charge on hit taken and shock immunity, and just cycle between them, particularly for the many lasers end phase. For either those or the regular laser in phase 1, just one of those flasks + blood of the karui was enough to survive. Other than that I just had to avoid the full screen explosion in phase 1, and the double laser blast hit in phase 2. I also had ryslatha pantheon to refill the one blood of the karui, which seems to be enough for this fight.
Last edited by merlinbolt on Nov 8, 2019, 7:26:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info