[3.9] [Updated] Caustic Arrow CI Trickster - Very tanky, fast mapper, safe playstyle

"
Viktranka wrote:
"
thedeathbeam wrote:
Eber's is just way too much damage to pass imo
What does the void gaze do? And what's the range of it?

Small cone before you that applies -20 chaos res debuff for 10 seconds to everything it hits.
My builds:
[3.11] Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - /view-thread/2551841
[3.11] Power Siphon/Kinetic Blast Poison Assassin - /view-thread/2687562
[3.10] Elemental Hit Wandslinger Assassin - /view-thread/2784902
Any tips on getting higher dps while still have 10k+ es? Got about 200ex when I reroll.
"
majtyftw wrote:
Any tips on getting higher dps while still have 10k+ es? Got about 200ex when I reroll.

+5 bow, +1 to chaos skill gems ammy, chaos multi on gloves shoud probably double the DPS. You can for example check this guy, bow and amulet similar to that would be good: https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Kirbek/Shaumi?i=1&search=skill%3DCaustic-Arrow%26sort%3Ddps
My builds:
"
majtyftw wrote:
I'd also add: awakened gems (vicious proj, void manipulation, swift affliction), some pog watcher's eye with both 22% dot multi w/ malevolence and 18% mana as es w/ clarity (don't even wanna pricecheck something like that...), most pog amulet would be +1 to chaos gems / +1 to dex gems / chaos multi (requires hunter amulet base and super rare to exist).

About ES: getting crusader rings with % increased ES on top of flat ES would be best.

You can also get chaos multi & dot multi quiver, but soul strike is so much QoL it's hard to drop.

"
thedeathbeam wrote:
You can for example check this guy, bow and amulet similar to that would be good: https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Kirbek/Shaumi?i=1&search=skill%3DCaustic-Arrow%26sort%3Ddps
His gems make me so jelly...
Last edited by Viktranka on Jan 7, 2020, 5:02:58 PM
Added new gameplay vid:

Acid Caverns Lvl 85

This one is actually with decent bow (before I had pretty shitty +1/chaos multi one) so you can really see the difference in single target
My builds:
Crafted some ok items, all content very easy atm so prob wont upgrade anymore.

"
thedeathbeam wrote:
"
majtyftw wrote:

+5 bow, +1 to chaos skill gems ammy, chaos multi on gloves shoud probably double the DPS. You can for example check this guy, bow and amulet similar to that would be good: https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Kirbek/Shaumi?i=1&search=skill%3DCaustic-Arrow%26sort%3Ddps
Last edited by majtyftw on Jan 10, 2020, 12:25:48 PM
Small build update:

- Dropped Blast Radius and changed pathing to path from top
- Grabbed some extra energy shield nodes, Utmost Intellect and Piercing Shots with saved points
- Dropped Voidwalker boots for Sin Trek as we no longer need the extra pierce

We can now comfortably reach 10K ES what is super nice :)
My builds:
How much mana you think it's safe to have (number not %), I squeezed flesh & stone in my char but I'm underlevelled so don't have all the reduced mana reserved nodes yet, I have around 60 mana and it's mostly fine but sometimes I run out while mapping.

Wanted to confirm / deny what do you think is the comfortable amount to have.

Planning to go for very similar setup to yours, haven't tried voidwalker at all but I see you dropped it, you think 5 pierce is excessive? Better get fat ES boots instead? Or what motivated the change.

Tbh is it worth keeping ascent from flesh outside of its interaction with voidwalker? I'm using bated breath because cheap, but I thought target would be some good crafted crystal belt.

Also btw your new pob is 123/123 did you account for the 3 nodes you have with awakener jewel? Cuz last time you said you had to cut 3 points from build as they normally didn't count.
"
Viktranka wrote:
How much mana you think it's safe to have (number not %), I squeezed flesh & stone in my char but I'm underlevelled so don't have all the reduced mana reserved nodes yet, I have around 60 mana and it's mostly fine but sometimes I run out while mapping.

Wanted to confirm / deny what do you think is the comfortable amount to have.

Planning to go for very similar setup to yours, haven't tried voidwalker at all but I see you dropped it, you think 5 pierce is excessive? Better get fat ES boots instead? Or what motivated the change.

Tbh is it worth keeping ascent from flesh outside of its interaction with voidwalker? I'm using bated breath because cheap, but I thought target would be some good crafted crystal belt.

Also btw your new pob is 123/123 did you account for the 3 nodes you have with awakener jewel? Cuz last time you said you had to cut 3 points from build as they normally didn't count.

Ideally its good to have enough mana for at least 2 CA shots for it to feel comfortable imo.

For pierce, at least some pierce is defeinitely necessary, but before I did not had points to grab piercing shots, after tree optimizations I do and imo +2 pierce is enough to just clear screen with 1 shot so I just rpleaced Voidwalkers with Sin Trek what gave me a lot more ES while still giving me a lot of evasion too.

Ascent from flesh is nice because of extra speed and dodge it provides, my recharge starts often and I also run quartz flask so I still like it a lot. Bated Breath is def very good option as well, it provides a bit more survivability in some occasions (because of better ES recharge) and some damage.

And for the PoB, oh right, I completely forgot about that, I will fix it
My builds:
Yep, I guess I need to get to at least 80 mana unreserved then, thanks for the tip, atm Atziri's chest is carrying me as soon as I start killing with mana regen, it's mostly on openers.

But yeah I tried with no pierce and it was horrible especially in delve, back row mobs would have to walk into the puddle first then take damage and it felt too slow for delve always move forward experience.

Sin Trek is nice to reach higher dex as well, otherwise you're forced to use thicket bow as everything else has higher dex requirement.

I wanted to get CWDT + steelskin at some higher gem level since we have so much more ES than life builds have life, but it's hard to get both str and dex requirements up to snuff.

Also would it be worth anointing Freedom of Movement for extra synergy with ascent of flesh if we want the whole phasing + movespeed + dodge package?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info